Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello :) Voice from the distant past here :) We'll be at BCV for about 2 weeks tomorrow. Need any updated Pictures or information? Let me know and i'll check it out for you :) ...Might even get a FB picture here and there :) ... Mark
Would love to hear your impressions about BCV and your room condition since the renovation has been deferred and to the best of my knowledge no firm date announced for commencement of the project.:confused3 SAB should be BEAUTIFUL this time of year!:beach: ENJOY your trip!:goodvibes

Would love to hear your impressions about BCV and your room condition since the renovation has been deferred and to the best of my knowledge no firm date announced for commencement of the project.:confused3 SAB should be BEAUTIFUL this time of year!:beach: ENJOY your trip!:goodvibes

Will Do...thanks :)

page 252-254

Just booked a garden view room at the YC for June 5-12! It feels like a dream!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Well...even though DH and I are will be at YC in early December, my younger DD just talked me into booking a trip Dec 18-22 because she really wants to see the OL before they go away.

Not sure where we're staying yet, but we found cheap airfare!

Awesome!

:cool1:

We returned from BC (our first stay) this past weekend, and thought I'd share my thoughts on the resort. Overall, a very nice stay and would not hesitate to stay there again!

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed thoughts about your trip!

I have been keeping track of a lot of reviews that I will be eventually adding to Trip Report section on Page 1 of this thread. I would love to include yours if that is ok.

:goodvibes:

We are staying at the YC CL Dec 6-14 and I haven't received anything from Disney regarding work being done at the YC at the time that we are there.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Hi all! Checking in again from the BCV! So far, we are having a great time. Today marks the half-way point through our stay and my kids can't decide which day has been their favorite. We've done a few things "new to us" so far...

Albatross Cruise - Wednesday morning my three kids (DD8, DD6, DD6) went on the 2-hour Albatross Cruise that leaves from the YC Marina. They got all decked out like pirates, boated around the lake, stopped in Canada, and eventually came back to open the treasure. They absolutely loved it. My almost 9-year-old was a bit concerned that it would be too young for her, but I think she loved it the most. She was telling me all about how they were enemies with Captain Stinkyfeet and other pieces of the adventure. It was $37/child.

Blizzard Beach Reserved Umbrella - I had read that you could rent umbrellas at BB and decided to give it a try to guarantee some shade and somewhere to keep our things. We were really pleased with what we got. The reserved umbrellas are right in the middle of the wave pool up on a platform that the water crashes against. This gives you a great view of the swimmers. There are also trees there providing additional shade. The area is roped off and only available to those with reservations (wrist bands). Under your umbrella, there are 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a small side table. You also get 4 towels to borrow. They are $40 for the day. There are only 5 of these. We pre-reserved and they require a 24 hour cancellation.

Other than that, I'll say that the busses have been great. On our way to MK, we saw a bus leave on our way up the path so we figured we'd be in for a wait. But a staff member was out there and told us another would be arriving in 7-8 minutes and it did. The ride took 16 minutes. Our wait for BB/AK was about 10 minutes. All of our rides back have been without a wait so far. Our timing must be good heading out!

page 255-257

This reminds me of the legend my mom likes to tell of my great-grandma lining her purse with tin foil when visiting the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth, MI for their all-you-can-eat "world famous" chicken. Well, for my great-grandmother, it was all-you-can-fit-in-your-purse. I have yet to live up to her frugal ways, but it's an aspiration of mine.

That is a fantastic story!!!

:lmao:

Thought I would share our favorite BC room--#1523. This is a water view category on the quiet pool and very close to the not so secret door and EPCOT.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your favorite room. That is great that you have been able to stay in that room a couple of time!

Hello :) Voice from the distant past here :) We'll be at BCV for about 2 weeks tomorrow. (Sept 19-October 2) Need any updated Pictures or information? Let me know and i'll check it out for you :) ...Might even get a FB picture here and there :) ... Mark

:wave2: friend!

:welcome: back!

Have a fantastic trip. I still chuckle about Flat Ben's fantastic adventures that you helped out with.

:rotfl2:

Albatross Cruise - Wednesday morning my three kids (DD8, DD6, DD6) went on the 2-hour Albatross Cruise that leaves from the YC Marina. They got all decked out like pirates, boated around the lake, stopped in Canada, and eventually came back to open the treasure. They absolutely loved it. My almost 9-year-old was a bit concerned that it would be too young for her, but I think she loved it the most. She was telling me all about how they were enemies with Captain Stinkyfeet and other pieces of the adventure. It was $37/child.

The Albatross Cruise sounds like great fun. We saw a boat filled with pirates and they looked liked they enjoyed the cruise. I think the price sounds good for a Disney event. I bet my grandchildren age 8 and 6 would love it. I'm going to check for availability. Thanks. :)

Hi all! Checking in again from the BCV! So far, we are having a great time. Today marks the half-way point through our stay and my kids can't decide which day has been their favorite. We've done a few things "new to us" so far...

Blizzard Beach Reserved Umbrella - I had read that you could rent umbrellas at BB and decided to give it a try to guarantee some shade and somewhere to keep our things. We were really pleased with what we got. The reserved umbrellas are right in the middle of the wave pool up on a platform that the water crashes against. This gives you a great view of the swimmers. There are also trees there providing additional shade. The area is roped off and only available to those with reservations (wrist bands). Under your umbrella, there are 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a small side table. You also get 4 towels to borrow. They are $40 for the day. There are only 5 of these. We pre-reserved and they require a 24 hour cancellation.

Other than that, I'll say that the busses have been great. On our way to MK, we saw a bus leave on our way up the path so we figured we'd be in for a wait. But a staff member was out there and told us another would be arriving in 7-8 minutes and it did. The ride took 16 minutes. Our wait for BB/AK was about 10 minutes. All of our rides back have been without a wait so far. Our timing must be good heading out!

Thanks so much for your reviews! I have not heard about the rental umbrellas at BB. That sounds really cool!

:cool2:

I think we're going to plan 2 trips in 2016. Yesterday I was able to book cheap miles for both of us down, and 103.00 each back. Yay!
I'm hoping we can stay at BC, I miss SAB. :beach:

Hello :) Voice from the distant past here :) We'll be at BCV for about 2 weeks tomorrow. (Sept 19-October 2) Need any updated Pictures or information? Let me know and i'll check it out for you :) ...Might even get a FB picture here and there :) ... Mark

:wave2: :yay: :dogdance::banana: :cheer2: :wave:

:welcome: BACK!!

~NM

Your post has brought back so many memories ...

In October of 1995, my two granddaughters (then 9 and 6), my grandson (then 5) and my daughter and I were in a room at The Beach Club just down the hall from where you're staying now (facing the Quiet Pool). For the trip we'd purchased a large (and, according to my grandson, very comfy) tandem stroller. And in the very last, and very late, hour of our very last day at Disney World we parked the stroller just outside The American Adventure and went inside to watch the show that we'd chosen (along with the IllumiNations presentation following it) to be our perfect ending to what had been a truly magical visit.

And, we'd shopped that day. The stroller was full of gifts for the folks back home, a set of caricatures of the children that we'd had done in Liberty Square. mugs from The Liberty Square Restaurant, the Grand Floridian giftbox that had held my new double-faced (Mickey and Minnie) watch (but that by then held only the receipt for it and my old - and far less expensive - one), and my grandson's (and, before it was his, my granddughter's) tattered and much-beloved Winnie the Pooh blankie.

I have no idea what made my daughter and I so careless. Other than the fact that we were in Disney World and it just never entered our minds that its guests might steal from one another. But, when we walked back onto the Showcase, the stroller, and everything in it, were gone. So, our IllumiNations was spent with several of the Park's security personnel. And my grandson's were not the only tears cried that night. It was as though the thief had just taken the last nine days, crumbled them into a hateful ball, and flung them in our faces.

The next morning, our room phone rang early. Security had found the stroller. Abandoned in an Epcot restroom. The gifts, the mugs and the Grand Floridian box were not with it. The caricatures were no longer fit for framing. But Pooh was there. And that was all that mattered.

Security was holding the stroller at the front entrance to Epcot. And our Magical Express to the airport was due within the hour. But, somehow, my daughter made it there and back.

The stroller made one more trip (with us) to Disney World. And I think it was some time before my grandson finally began sleeping without Pooh. At least, I suppose he's stopped sleeping with that dear ol' bear by now. Surely ... :)

And I have always hoped, passionately, that there is someone walking around with a cheap Mickey Mouse watch that he or she thinks is worth a great many more dollars than it actually is.

So, I so want you to get that call from Security/Lost and Found, too. And I so hope that the rest of your trip is as magical as it should be.

gg

Yes Grandma, I did stop sleeping with the blanket...eventually.

And you haven't experienced Disney World until you've spent the entire week being pushed around in a stroller having every need catered to by your loving family (being a small child did have some advantages). Other children (including my older sister and cousin) were being pulled around by their parents, dreading the heat of the day and non-stop walking. I merely sat back in the shade of my stroller and enjoyed the ride.

Though, small correction - I was 4 at the time of the trip.

The Albatross Cruise sounds like great fun. We saw a boat filled with pirates and they looked liked they enjoyed the cruise. I think the price sounds good for a Disney event. I bet my grandchildren age 8 and 6 would love it. I'm going to check for availability. Thanks. :)
My kids (6 and 4 at the time) did the cruise in June and loooooved it. We did it on our check out day, which gave DH and I time to pack up and stroll the resort alone for a few hours.

Page 202-206

Working on catching up...

Got it!

If you get a chance, please confirm your dates. Not a big deal, though. I have you on the BOG list for one set of dates and your signature lists different ones? Change? or Split-stay?

:cool1:

I'll revise your dates.

BTW- your parents rock!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I will put the info in the first page renovation section of this thread.

May I put a link to your review in the "Trip Report" section on Page 1 this thread?

My apologies! Yes, we did a split stay. Actually, we spent our first night at AofA, then 4 nights at CBR, then 5 nights at BC CL. Phew!! It was crazy!

Question for all you BC experts! Since we were only there for a weekend and only visited/walked to Epcot during that time, we really didn't get to experience transportation to the other parks. How is the bus transportation to the MK? Where do you stop along the way, about how long does it take to get there, and do you feel like buses run consistently and regularly? TIA!

We were there the last week of August - the only issue we had with anything at all at Beach Club was bus transportation to MK. The first morning we waited half an hour before they sent extra buses - apparently the MK bus had filled up at Yacht Club and had no room so didn't come to BC. The next MK day wasn't much better. We decided next year that on our MK days we'll walk over to YC and catch the bus from there :) The ride wasn't too long, and the bus back was generally a short wait.

Yes Grandma, I did stop sleeping with the blanket...eventually.

I never for a moment doubted that you would ... eventually.

And you haven't experienced Disney World until you've spent the entire week being pushed around ... having every need catered to by your loving family ...

And I am so looking forward to it!

Though, small correction - I was 4 at the time of the trip.

Well, I can't be expected to remember everything. Besides, my story, my math ... :)

g

Last edited:
We were there the last week of August - the only issue we had with anything at all at Beach Club was bus transportation to MK. The first morning we waited half an hour before they sent extra buses - apparently the MK bus had filled up at Yacht Club and had no room so didn't come to BC. The next MK day wasn't much better. We decided next year that on our MK days we'll walk over to YC and catch the bus from there :) The ride wasn't too long, and the bus back was generally a short wait.

Thanks for that info. What time in the morning? Right at park opening? A little before or after?

We always go to the early extra magic hours at MK, so we are at the bus stop at 7:30 and there usually isn't an issue, but I have been curious what it is like later than that.

While at the BC we did AK and MK once each. On our AK day the lines for the MK bus were insane. Tons of people.

A bus came about 15 minutes of being there and left tons of people that couldn't fit on the bus. Then it took a while for another bus to come. This was at about 815 am. It also took a while for our AK bus to come. We didn't get to AK until 9 am. So about 50 minutes of bus waiting and the ride.

Another day we went to MK around 10. Much smoother wait and ride to MK. Almost an empty bus.

The DD bus was about an hour I heard someone say. That was at 10 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter