Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I believe it is either straight onto the boat or at least a small ramp; definitely wheelchair accessible

Would anyone know what the three or four room numbers are for the rooms that share the large concrete balcony on the YC club level? We stayed in one of them last summer but I can't recall the number. This summer my sister and niece are joining us (we'll have two rooms) and I put in a request with the IPO for two of those rooms if they could swing it. I was just hoping I'd know what they are so when we get the text message with our room numbers we'd know if we got lucky or not.

Here's a post from the YC Room Views thread. Room 4176 is one of the rooms with the shared balcony. I think the rooms above that are also in that configuration. So they would be numbers similar to these, 517X

Room 4176

:goodvibes

Live from the Yacht Club. Just checked in today. We did not do online checkin.

Dh booked this over the phone and said it was our anniv and asked if the woods/garden view is a nice room. Our only request was to be nearer to the elevator.

Our view is of a tangle of tree limbs with the parking lot and views of disney buses through the limbs/trees. So unromantic, lol.

I hate to be a debbie downer and we have stayed here in the past but these rooms need serious updates asap.

The captains picture on the wall creeps me out and the wallpaper looks like I am in a time warp.

Also we put drinks in the frig and took them out - warm. Dh took the refrig out to make sure it was plugged in. It was but the temp was turned off, sigh.

I hope this gets better because I keep thinking I could have stayed longer at the Swan for $100 less a night.

Hope things get better. And Happy Anniversary!

1) Do you have to step down into the boat in order to get on? I assume you have to go down but wasn't sure if there are steps or a ramp. A ramp she could do but I don't think she could do steps.

2) If we had a wheelchair, can we get on the boat with it or would we have to use the bus?

I know that the front of the boat is a straight walk on, no stepping up or down. The boat is level with the dock.

They can roll a wheelchair on the boat. There isn't a bus to Hollywood Studios. You have to take the boat or walk, unless the boats aren't running. then they will use buses. But most of the time it is boats.

Last edited:

Some questions about the Beach club!

1) We have a "garden or woods" view room booked. Can anyone tell me if there is a room we should specifically request in this range? Looking for something quieter and/or closer to the bus stop and/or closer to Epcot IG.
2) Can you see Illuminations from BC?
3) On arrival day we're planning to walk to the Boardwalk Pizza window for dinner. How long does it take to walk? We have a 6 year old in tow who walks at an average pace.

TIA!

Some questions about the Beach club!

1) We have a "garden or woods" view room booked. Can anyone tell me if there is a room we should specifically request in this range? Looking for something quieter and/or closer to the bus stop and/or closer to Epcot IG.
2) Can you see Illuminations from BC?
3) On arrival day we're planning to walk to the Boardwalk Pizza window for dinner. How long does it take to walk? We have a 6 year old in tow who walks at an average pace.

TIA!

1) I never suggest requesting a room number. If that exact room is not available, which is likely, the room assigner has no idea what you want. Closer to the bus stop & closer to Epcot are opposite requests. You need to decide which you want & make that General of a request.
2) much/most of Illumunations takes place in Epcot on/ around the lagoon. It is not just a fireworks show but the high fireworks, with long gaps , can be seen from parts of the BC.
3) it is a short walk to the Boardwalk - 7 - 10 minutes.

Have fun

Does anyone know if you rent points, can you still request a room location?

I believe you can. We rented points at the Grand Californian Villas and I was able to call up the front desk with the reservation number and put requests on it. For the WDW DVC rooms, the reservation number should be capable of being linked in MDE, and then you can make room requests with online check-in.

Another question - do all studio rooms that are newly renovated at beach club have a Murphy bed?
All of the newly renovated studios will have murphy beds. Anyone can put in a room request, but in my 15 or so visits to the BCV, I only get what I want (quiet pool view) about half the time. If you aren't a DVC member you can fax or email the BCV room assigner/concierge with your request. I always call when I'm in the ten day window just to make sure they have my request on file.

That's one of my very few complaints about BCV. You can't book a view like at VGF or BWV, where you can request woods view, water, view, boardwalk view, etc. at different price levels.

So I have some exciting news!!! We have two tentative trips planned for 2017, both to the Beach Club. If you have started a 2017 Be Our Guest list Dee, can you add us please.
Trip #1 - March 10-13, it will be a girls trip with my mom, daughter and myself. My mom is treating us :) She said life is too short to just keep saying "one day". She is really into gardening and has always wanted to go during the Flower and Garden festival. So it is in the works.

Trip#2 - June 15 - 29, this will be just our family!! I am not so patiently waiting for the 2017 packages to be released so I can book!! I love booking early, planning is part of the fun for me :) I really wanted to go this June but we are headed to California to visit the MIL so we are doing Disneyland.

Where is the best place to watch the Star Wars fireworks? on the beach in front of YC? on the beach in front of BC? On the end of the dock? On the bridge between BC and BW? Or on the bridge between BC and Swan & Dolphin?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter