Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am wondering this too. I think with the online check-in that you miss a lot. I love the check-in process - its part of the excitement of getting there. I love chatting with the CMs. I am not going to do online check-in. Do most of you guys do online check-in?

I did online checkin as soon as it became available for our visit this past May and got both my requests. We still had to visit the front desk upon our arrival to set up our PIN numbers for charging to our magic bands. It really does make it so easy :thumbsup2 I also like talking with the CM's. Have a great trip!!!

Excited about our Disney trip and our stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort!! This will be our first time at the Beach club. Any suggestions or tips? It will be my family of 7, including 2 teen DD, 2 elementary DD, and our Kindergarten DS...
First off, Welcome to the DIS :welcome: and to this thread.
My strongest tip is to read through page 1 of this thread. It contains just about everything you would want to know. Then come back and ask questions of the friendly folks here.
Have Fun reading!!!!

Today is our last day at BC CL and we were blown away. The service from all (special shout out to Robin- desk CM) was fantastic. The food has been something to look forward to every day- a real treat presided over by Chef Chris whose food is delicious but even more impressive is how much love he puts into caring for his guests. I honestly don't think I'll stay CL anywhere else again.

Excited about our Disney trip and our stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort!! This will be our first time at the Beach club. Any suggestions or tips? It will be my family of 7, including 2 teen DD, 2 elementary DD, and our Kindergarten DS...

Welcome to the DIS and one of the friendliest threads on it! As Natebenna already said, page 1 is full of priceless info! But the people here have been great- ask anything and someone will try to get an answer.
Hope you have a wonderful stay!

For anyone who has gone to the BC in Aug/Sept with the magical deal. The rooms are standard. Do you think they give you the worst views/locations because of the great deal the rooms are? Wonder if you get a better location when you book with Disney directly?
The category of rooms has been set for a long time. So if you book a standard view you will get a standard view whether you booked with a travel agency or directly through Disney. We booked a garden view room through Orbitz and got a wonderful free upgrade to a lagoon view corner room with a king bed. Our next two BC trips were booked with the magical deal so we'll find out exactly what the standard view rooms are like.

I do know that the standard view rooms at the BC aren't as bad as some of the standard views at some of the other deluxe resorts. There aren't any views of loading docks or garbage bins, for instance. It is mostly just roof views.

I am wondering this too. I think with the online check-in that you miss a lot. I love the check-in process - its part of the excitement of getting there. I love chatting with the CMs. I am not going to do online check-in. Do most of you guys do online check-in?
You can do both online check in and stop at the desk. :) It makes check in go faster. We always do online check in. We like the direct to room feature. And we can always stop at the desk if we want to. There have been a few times when we did online check in and didn't get the text, so we had to go to the check in desk.

The Beach Club resort room map is awesome! Great score. Quick question. We have the magical deal and thus a standard room at BC in August. We have never stayed at BC, only YC many times but are excited for the refurbed room. Has anyone ever stayed in the rooms on the second floor overtop of the front entrance/valet. I know at YC they are shared balcony rooms, but wondering if they are large balconies at BC or not. On the map they are side ways (four of them) so they may be shared balconies like YC but I can't tell for sure. It is a standard view and that's what we can only get with our deal. The room numbers are 2672-2664-2662-2654- and then 2652-2650-2648. They seem easy enough to get to lobby (hoping for) and standard view. We have multiple rooms in our family and do always hope to be near each other for convenience of the elders and babies. Would try to request these rooms but can't figure out if they are full balconies or not. Thanks! Best thread here and thanks Dee for all your hard work!

Anyone been at YAcht club level recently? Good, bad or indifferent? We went last summer and weren't too impressed. I know they have recently renovated.

Just saw a report that starting July 11th there will be concrete construction near the Yacht Club bus stop lasting about 3 weeks. During that time, the YC bus stop will be at the convention center's porte cochere.

Today is our last day at BC CL and we were blown away. The service from all (special shout out to Robin- desk CM) was fantastic. The food has been something to look forward to every day- a real treat presided over by Chef Chris whose food is delicious but even more impressive is how much love he puts into caring for his guests. I honestly don't think I'll stay CL anywhere else again.
Loved how Chef Chris went out of his way for our daughter with food allergies in May. So much so that we changed our reservation to BC CL will staying there for our already planned July trip and will be back in 14 days!!

Did they replace Teena (even though she can't be replaced) at the BC:dogdance:? How is this greeter?

We stayed in room 5657 water view, full balcony 2 doors down from the CL lounge at BC in Dec. This room was perfect, 1 queen bed and a pull out sofa bed. Overlooking the lagoon and the back entrance - perfect for people watching!!! Would love to be in that room again in Nov!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Did they replace Teena (even though she can't be replaced) at the BC:dogdance:? How is this greeter?

We stayed in room 5657 water view, full balcony 2 doors down from the CL lounge at BC in Dec. This room was perfect, 1 queen bed and a pull out sofa bed. Overlooking the lagoon and the back entrance - perfect for people watching!!! Would love to be in that room again in Nov!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

That's so sweet. Richard, the full time greeter at the BC retired a month or so ago too. He was replaced with a super guy who worked with us in HR ...Monty. He is wonderful ... sweetest guy ever. If you have time, stop and say hi!!! As far as my position, I heard they have been filling it with whoever is available ... bellmen, etc. I miss seeing you all so much. I had hoped to be there forever but you all know that life can change in a second.

But I am looking forward to our trip back to Anna Maria Island in Florida on July 23rd ... two more weeks!!! And then a week later back on the Disney Fantasy. Then a month later, Lily and I will be at Disney World for 6 nights. I do not think I will stop in at the BC (we are staying at the Cabins) because it would be too hard for me ... just like I can't ride by our old house in Clermont. I loved it so much and I can't imagine seeing it again ... too hard. Maybe another year or two. I'm crying now just thinking about it.

That's so sweet. Richard, the full time greeter at the BC retired a month or so ago too. He was replaced with a super guy who worked with us in HR ...Monty. He is wonderful ... sweetest guy ever. If you have time, stop and say hi!!! As far as my position, I heard they have been filling it with whoever is available ... bellmen, etc. I miss seeing you all so much. I had hoped to be there forever but you all know that life can change in a second.

But I am looking forward to our trip back to Anna Maria Island in Florida on July 23rd ... two more weeks!!! And then a week later back on the Disney Fantasy. Then a month later, Lily and I will be at Disney World for 6 nights. I do not think I will stop in at the BC (we are staying at the Cabins) because it would be too hard for me ... just like I can't ride by our old house in Clermont. I loved it so much and I can't imagine seeing it again ... too hard. Maybe another year or two. I'm crying now just thinking about it.

You have a lot of exciting and fun trips to look forward to. We love the Fantasy, too. Lily will have a great time in the Oceaneers Club/Lab. My boys enjoy the clubs so much and on our last Fantasy cruise they closed them down at midnight on three different nights.

You have a lot of exciting and fun trips to look forward to. We love the Fantasy, too. Lily will have a great time in the Oceaneers Club/Lab. My boys enjoy the clubs so much and on our last Fantasy cruise they closed them down at midnight on three different nights.

I have a feeling you are right!! Since Lily is an only child, she craves being with other kids. I told Jeanne that it will be like an adult only cruise for us ... I think we will have to drag her out of there every day just for dinner. We are going to insist she eat dinner with us every night though. She is so excited about it. She already had one telephone call from Mickey and Minnie about the cruise. She asked us how can they be at both Disney World and on the ship ... we told her they take vacations just like us on the ships and we are just so lucky we will be there at the same time all the characters are going to be on vacation on the Fantasy.

I have a feeling you are right!! Since Lily is an only child, she craves being with other kids. I told Jeanne that it will be like an adult only cruise for us ... I think we will have to drag her out of there every day just for dinner. We are going to insist she eat dinner with us every night though. She is so excited about it. She already had one telephone call from Mickey and Minnie about the cruise. She asked us how can they be at both Disney World and on the ship ... we told her they take vacations just like us on the ships and we are just so lucky we will be there at the same time all the characters are going to be on vacation on the Fantasy.

Great answer!!!

::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Last edited:
:grouphug:

:grouphug:

Agree with Dee! Great answer. :thumbsup2

I had the pleasure of meeting Richard in May. Went to Cape May for birthday breakfast (needed a Goofy hug). When valet was bringing our car, Richard gave me a pin with Goofy's shoes (prints). I told him I didn't have a pin to trade. Richard said it was a b'day gift. I told him I had postponed from my real birthday because I had been sick, so he wished me a happy belated birthday. What a very nice man.
Teena, the move will get easier with time. It is hard to think I moved here 6 years ago. Like you, we knew nobody here, but it has become home. A part of me will always call Austin home, and cherished friends are there, but moving has been an amazing adventure. My best to you and your family.
Sarah

I had the pleasure of meeting Richard in May. Went to Cape May for birthday breakfast (needed a Goofy hug). When valet was bringing our car, Richard gave me a pin with Goofy's shoes (prints). I told him I didn't have a pin to trade. Richard said it was a b'day gift. I told him I had postponed from my real birthday because I had been sick, so he wished me a happy belated birthday. What a very nice man.
Teena, the move will get easier with time. It is hard to think I moved here 6 years ago. Like you, we knew nobody here, but it has become home. A part of me will always call Austin home, and cherished friends are there, but moving has been an amazing adventure. My best to you and your family.
Sarah

Thanks Sarah

That's a great answer, I agree. I took my mom and our youngest to WDW in May and stayed at the Poly. DD4 is the youngest of four. She was so lost without her pack, she was glomming on to every kid who would give her the time of day. It's too bad we didn't have Lily there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter