Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Okay, I have more Beach Club questions...See what all this "research" does for you!!

1. How are the water view rooms overlooking the quiet pool as opposed to the lake views on the ends of the wings?
2. Do the wing lake view rooms have the small balconies?
3. Anyone stayed in these rooms that can share room numbers and reviews.
4. I'd love to know some room numbers that have a full size balcony and a day bed.

Thank you!!

Carla

Having specific room numbers is not really a good strategy. If you request a specific room, or even a series of rooms, the room assigners have no idea of why you wanted those rooms.
A better strategy is to request what it is that appeals to you. A water view, near elevator, a large balcony, a quiet room etc.
You are way more likely to be pleased with your room if you do this.
Good Luck

Last edited:
Having specific room numbers is not really a good strategy. If you request a specific room, or even a series of rooms, the room assigners have no idea of why you wanted those rooms.
A better strategy is to request what it is that appeals to you. A water view, near elevator, a large balcony, a quiet room etc.
You are way more likely to be pleased with you room if you do this.
Good Luck

Thank you for this. I was just trying to get some reviews no intention of asking for specific rooms. I've been going to Disney for 26 years now so I know better :thumbsup2

Carla

Mission Alert!

Photos of room safes at Beach Club and Yacht Club (and what the heck, BCV).

Maybe with stuff in 'em so we can get an idea of the size.

Thank you!

Do standard rooms in the BC have safes?

I saw this question and since I like to answer inquiries with a picture, I tried to find one of the safe at the Beach Club in my photos.

Nope.

Checked the "Will it fit?" entry in Post 14, Other Useful Info.

Nope! Just the old key-operated safe.

I have a picture of the room thermostat.

I have a picture of the daybed label.

I have a picture of the internet jacks in the tv.

No recent, decent safe photos.

And by the way... The safes used to be operated with a key (YUCK), but I know the Beach Club rooms at least now have the code/keypad operated units. I think this happened pre-renovation, but not positive. Anyone know?

And do the Yacht Club safes open/lock with a code rather than a key.

:confused3

Last edited:
page 588

I will be staying at the Beach Club in February when I run my first Princess Half Marathon. I love the BC so I'm really excited.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Good luck in your training and in your run!

:cheer2:

Okay, I have more Beach Club questions...See what all this "research" does for you!!

1. How are the water view rooms overlooking the quiet pool as opposed to the lake views on the ends of the wings?
2. Do the wing lake view rooms have the small balconies?
3. Anyone stayed in these rooms that can share room numbers and reviews.
4. I'd love to know some room numbers that have a full size balcony and a day bed.

Thank you!!

Carla
1. The quiet pool is on the lake side of the resort so if you are in an upper floor in one of these rooms you should have a partial view of the lake. I don't have any pictures of these rooms but the first floor rooms are right at pool level and not very private.

2. Some have small balconies and some don't. Here are some pictures:

BC lv 3.JPG BV lv 2.JPG

We stayed in a 3rd floor corner room in the building wing shown in the left hand picture. The wing is between the volleyball court and the quiet pool. We had a standing balcony but the view was so lovely we didn't mind not having a full balcony. Plus it was too hot too sit out there most of the time. We had a king bed.

The building wing in the right hand picture is between the main lake side entrance and the volleyball court.

Here is the link to my room review and pictures from our lagoon view room 3565:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-4#post-53526618

Last edited:
When we stayed at YC in November the room we were in still had the key safe. Maybe the YC renovations will switch them over to the electronic keypad?

Thank you! I would assume they will switch over to numerical locks with the reno.

I can't believe that it didn't occur to me until now that YC still had keyed safes!

:sad2:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was talking with friends about YC/BC, and discussing what we like about each resort. She said, well, BC gets a point for that amazing smell in the lobby.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but YC pumps it in too! I don't know if it's as strong, but the source seems to be over by the bell stand and it's definitely "BC Smell." Any recent visitors that can verify this? It'd really be a shame if YC stopped pumping in the scent.

So excited, next Saturday I get to do fast passes and online check in for the Villas. I know I want an upper floor but I am not sure what I want the second request to be. Any suggestions and why?

We are on the road after 6 nights at the BC and I think I will miss the bed the most. The mattresses in the renovated rooms are the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel.

I'm looking forward to staying in three weeks! We are currently shopping for a new mattress. I wonder if after our trip and we like the mattress if somehow we can order one!!!

I'm looking forward to staying in three weeks! We are currently shopping for a new mattress. I wonder if after our trip and we like the mattress if somehow we can order one!!!

You sure can!!!

One recent guest liked the mattresses so much that she checked into how to order one and I believe purchased one for her home. I think I linked the order form to Post 13 or Post 14 on Page 1. If the info is not there, if you search mattress order form on this thread, it should come up.

ETA (from Post 13):

Many people have commented on the comfort of the mattresses at the resort and the daybed/sleepers.

The BC mattresses in renovated rooms are Beautyrest brand by Simmons Hospitality. Label

Order Form from Simmons Guest Purchase Program
Thank you WDW4us2006 and Wood Nymph for "uncovering" the mattress info!

The daybed sleeper is manufactured by Flexsteel. Daybed Label

:cat:

Last edited:
You sure can!!!

One recent guest liked the mattresses so much that she checked into how to order one and I believe purchased one for her home. I think I linked the order form to Post 13 or Post 14 on Page 1. If the info is not there, if you search mattress order form on this thread, it should come up.

ETA (from Post 13):

Many people have commented on the comfort of the mattresses at the resort and the daybed/sleepers.

The BC mattresses in renovated rooms are Beautyrest brand by Simmons Hospitality. Label

Order Form from Simmons Guest Purchase Program
Thank you WDW4us2006 and Wood Nymph for "uncovering" the mattress info!

The daybed sleeper is manufactured by Flexsteel. Daybed Label

:cat:

Awesome!! Thanks for the info! I'm writing this info down for when we return if we love it!!

The answer is a huge MAYBE. No guarantee. Especially at this busy time of year.
If you do online checkin in & check the check box that early availability is your primary request, that will help. But it negates all other requests. Your choice.
The Solarium, down the hall across from the Marketplace, is a wonderful, quiet space to hang out - as. Long as tea is not scheduled that afternoon.

We have to have a King bed and that is my number 1 request, so we are willing to wait a bit, even if we are tired. So I did not check that box. We will check out the Solarium if needed! :thumbsup2

We have arrived at the BC around 11am many times and our room has been ready for us most of the time. :)

That is great too hear, I hope we have the same pixie dust. Do you normally go during busy times of the year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter