Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes that room had a marina view (but a gv price!). Thought it would be nice room for Lily to see the castle from her balcony!

Maybe we'll get it if it's a Marina view. I never put any request in except for the building. I like to be close to the boat.

I helped her paint it. There was only one other family in there at the time we were there and the mother in that family was helping her daughter as well.

eta: I don't have any pics of her actually painting just the finished product.

So cool to have more details on the elusive ceramics class!

Finally at BC! Any questions while I'm here, I will help as much as I can.

Checked in yesterday to gv room with partial lagoon view in a renovated room :cloud9:
Love the view, do you have a full balcony or a daybed. We've booked gv, it would be great to watch the world go by with a partial lagoon view.

Made it to YC last night.

Immigration took about just over an hour then we waited about 20mins for a YC DME bus before arriving around 18:00. All in about 2.5 hours from landing to room.

Got here and was allocated a first /ground floor room about as far from the Libby as you can get (1026) but it's clean, comfortable and quiet.

Went to DTD for our free gift card, wow is the bus a PITA. Took ages to get there due to a backlog of busses waiting to get in but the trip back was far quicker.

Will post some Pics later but for now I've been up since 4am enjoying the jetlag

Cheers

j

Thank you! This is exactly the sort of view I would love to be looking at while I am on the balcony. I am requesting the side opposite this room with the Touring Plans fax, so we shall see. Even the gazebo itself is so nice to look at I would be happy with just that.
Our room was on the opposite side. I can't comment as to whether we would have been able to see Illuminations from the balcony, as we were never in the room at that time, but I suspect we may have been too close to the corner to see much. It was a wonderful view though!
image.jpg

Our room was on the opposite side. I can't comment as to whether we would have been able to see Illuminations from the balcony, as we were never in the room at that time, but I suspect we may have been too close to the corner to see much. It was a wonderful view though!
View attachment 105377

That is an amazing view, just what I am hoping for! Thanks for sharing!

44 days from our first stay at the YC (Aug 8-15)!! After several stays at AKL, WL and Poly, this is our first at an Epcot area resort and are VERY excited to be in this area and resort this time around! We'll be in a standard view club level room. Any thoughts/feedback on the view (not as important as the area for this trip) and club level experience?

love all the pics! Im so glad I did the switch to yacht club, its been a few years since we have stayed there, even though we love cbr Im settled with this choice for this upcoming trip! My daughter, granddaughter, and a friend whom are coming along have never stayed at a deluxe so why not stay at my number 1 deluxe! Booked a standard view with a uoc hope I wont get disappointed in it as we have only booked lagoon view previously! Any suggestions on what to request for a decent view, maybe just request nice view?, wish I was there now!:sunny:

Checked in yesterday to gv room with partial lagoon view in a renovated room :cloud9:
Only question I have is if you use the "secret door" at BC to EPCOT, does it have stairs? If you don't think to check, no worries- just have a great vacation!!!!

page 58-60

Hi , well I am at the Beach Club now , as usual everything is wonderful. Had a long visit with Teena on Monday and other then being tired from her trip she looks great.
What I really wanted to say was people it's hot now please remember to stay hydrated even by the pool , a young girl passed out at the pool from the heat on Tuesday , also the cement the cement is very hot if you take your sandles to the pool edge flip them over . You may also want to leave them under your chairs , seen a lot of burned feet in the past couple of days.

So glad to hear you are off to a great start and had a chance to visit with Teena.

Thank you so much for the very important reminder about drinking plenty of fluids.

:sunny:

First time posting on this thread. Before our stay at YC 6/8-6/15 I found this thread so helpful for our planning, I thought I'd share some pictures from our stay.

I have not seen this letter posted yet in reference to YC. We were in Room 3150, and received this letter under our door a few days into our stay:

We heard no noise, and the only extra cleaning we saw was workers polishing the elevator doors for a couple of days. We were in the room a few times during the afternoons for a rest, so not sure what the construction could have been?

I will post our room view, which was fabulous!! Garden view--wedding gazebo view. We did online check in, and had asked for upper floor, close to elevators. We did stop at the front desk at check in, so maybe that was how we got lucky with the view. Could see the lagoon and Boardwalk looking to our left. :lovestruc
Have to upload those pictures to photobucket first. Hopefully later today.

Room 3150 at YC had 2 Q beds + daybed. We had 5 as well. Balcony looked out over the wedding gazebo. If you sat in the chair on the right there was a nice view of the lagoon and BWI, but it was facing more toward DHS than EP.

:welcome:

Thanks so much for posting the notice you received and letting us know about this!

We also really appreciate the pictures of your amazing view!

I would love it if you could add your view and room description post to this thread:

Yacht Club Room Views

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes:

If you come in through the Beach Club quiet pool, they were Power washing the top to bottom - now I go in through the doors where the 2 parts of the resort merge - and then I follow the signs to the Lobby -

They are doing lots of painting and wallpapering here, in the hallway. The wallpaper is a pleasant cream with a Gold leaf pattern (kind of diamond shaped)

and the heat is intense, 102 Heat index factor - which is also sparking these huge storms at around 6pm - its really intense. Wishes was delayed last night, after dh and dd gave up, they went off, a shorter version I imagine the same will happen tonight as I watch the news

Thanks for letting us know about this and giving another report about the current weather.

The most spectacular lightning storm I have every seen was in June of 1994 when we were staying at the Beach Club...there was rain for a short time almost every day and the walkways in Epcot filled up to the top of the curbs in places like around the Universe of Energy. Apparently it all drains into the lake...while we were inside the UOE, lightning knocked the big solor panel on the roof offline, and the backup power was enough to finish the ride/show, but that was it for the day....the rain came down in sheets! It also hit the big earth/ball that was out in the lake ready for Illuminations...set off all sorts of early fireworks! No show that night...

Mother Nature is one powerful lady!!

::yes::

Here's a couple of pictures taken by one of our friends here on the FAQ board, kldmom2000 in July 2011

lightning 1.jpg

lightning 2.jpg

Today I booked a stay at Beach Club Villas for my mom and I. Arriving 4/24 if all goes as planned. While I have stayed at YC twice, this my first stay on the BC side and my first Villa stay anywhere.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Hi all. I am having a great time. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet, I will try again later tonight (after going to Cape May for dinner). I met Teena on Monday

It has been extremely rainy here (especially for this California family). We had our Fantasmic show rained out (lightening'ed out?) last Friday. And had to deal with the boats not running last night. Very unusual for us Californians. :)
BTW, yes, I can't figure out (just yet) how to size my pictures for posting purposes. I will try again tonight. I do think there are good turorials on the boards for that. Also, I informed Teena that were attending Victoria and Albert's for the Chef's Table tomorrow night. She requested we post pictures to the board. So if I can figure out how to do that. I will try to post them as soon as possible. We're leaving on Saturday and the days are flowing by way too quickly. So we might end up posting them when we get back. We LOVE the Beach Club, FWIW!
I helped her paint it. There was only one other family in there at the time we were there and the mother in that family was helping her daughter as well.

eta: I don't have any pics of her actually painting just the finished product.

Thanks for the additional info. When you are home, I would love to see a photo of the finished item.

:)

okay, trying again. Here is the view from our room.

Great view!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

:goodvibes:

Wow! Gorgeous view! Thanks for checking in with us and have an incredible trip.

Three weeks....21 days until we are back to our favorite spot in the world.

Please join me in doing the happy dance!

:yay::jumping1::banana::cheer2::cool1::dancer:party:

:banana::banana::banana:

Immigration took about just over an hour then we waited about 20mins for a YC DME bus before arriving around 18:00. All in about 2.5 hours from landing to room.

Got here and was allocated a first /ground floor room about as far from the Libby as you can get (1026) but it's clean, comfortable and quiet.

Went to DTD for our free gift card, wow is the bus a PITA. Took ages to get there due to a backlog of busses waiting to get in but the trip back was far quicker.

Will post some Pics later but for now I've been up since 4am enjoying the jetlag

Cheers

j

:welcome: home!

Have a fantastic trip.

:cool1:

Cheers

j

Looking forward to pictures.

When we are staying in that last wing at YC, we usually go outside to get to the lobby. It cuts off quite a bit of the walk, and it's prettier.

Have a great trip!!!!

My problem is I've been planning too long for this trip! Room-paid, ADRs-scheduled, disney floral for DD 21st bday-done, tours-planned and paid, FP+-scheduled...now what to do! I want to pack but know I actually need to wear some of the clothes between now and then. DH will be packing the night before we go just to drive me crazy, DS & DD will follow his lead. Then all 3 of them will drive me nuts asking where everything is for them to pack!

Noticed you have a packing list you've developed over time. Any chance you are willing to share it?

Count me as another who can't stand to live out of the suitcase. I always unpack right away and put the suitcases in a closet. Since we have a split stay planned, I've considered getting the packing cubes and leaving what we need the second half in the suitcases. On the other hand, if our experience last summer holds true this August, I'll be doing laundry about halfway through the trip. I travel frequently enough for work that I have my toiletries already packed, so I don't have to worry about getting that stuff together. Of course, I didn't use much makeup besides moisturizer with a high SPF. No point when it was just going to melt off my face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter