Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey, guys! We will be at the BC soon, and I'm making room requests online. I posted a new thread before asking here. I thought maybe you all can help me.

We are booked standard, and want to be close to the lobby and SAB. Those options aren't available though to choose with online check-in. BUT "close to transportation" is. Can I choose that, and possibly get the room we want? TIA!

:welcome: to the thread.

Yes, "Close to Transportation" is the same request as "Close to Lobby" and SAB.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Good morning!
Just wanted to post a mini-trip report and life update from last week.

My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks, and as a groomsman's gift, my future BIL flew his men down for a weekend in WDW. Their favorite place to stay is WL, and I'd stayed there as a teen with my parents, but my fiancee (who some of you know) had never. By staying at WL, we both have completed the rounds of staying at every deluxe resort. I crossed the finish line when we stayed at the Poly last summer. We had a nice hot weekend, and it was so good to be there when we don't usually get there. No La Vie En Rose cocktail at F&G was safe! We stayed CL at WL and had a deluxe room with a nice view of Bay Lake. They have a great new pool bar/restaurant called Geyser Point, and I couldn't help but wonder if at some point HH will expand like this.

We DID manage to sneak in some BC time as it was such a short trip, we widely shrugged Disney transport and Ubered everywhere. We decided the quickest way into Epcot was to go through the BC, so *Oh Well,* I guess we'll just have to spend some time there! I can report that there seems to be some decent construction (convention center wise) in the outskirts of the BC parking lot, but I think the way the building is angled, few if any rooms should be looking at it, but I could be wrong. It was such a tease to be there, but we'll be back for a long stay in August!

On a more personal note, the trip was great, but the return home was not. Our beloved Grace, the cat I've had for 11 + years took a big turn on the last day we were gone, and thank goodness some higher power got us home just in time to spend some time with her before we had to say goodbye. She'd been tentatively diagnosed with cancer in October, but had outlived her prognosis and was doing fine. She even had a clean round of bloodwork come back about 3 weeks ago. The vet was even questioning his own diagnosis, but then she started acting a bit funny before we left, but not so funny that we felt we couldn't go. She was also fine for most of the 72 hours we were away, but really took a plunge about 12 hours before we got home. I miss her, but I'm glad I got to see her to say goodbye, I'm glad she wasn't sick for long, and I'm glad I got to spend a weekend in my happy place before dealing with this loss. :flower3:

I'm so sorry about your Grace. <3

@Scott MC , I'm glad that your trip was a good one. I'm so sorry about your kitty. I lost my two old dogs last year, too close together. They are part of our everyday and it's tough when they're missing from it.

AP holders - are there often AP discounts for YC? We have a 9 night family trip planned for June 2018 and I just decided to go for 3 nights in February with my cousin as she's running the princess half. I'm debating about getting an AP, if I can get a good deal for our June trip that will seal the deal!
Yes there are! And the discount I got at YC paid for that AP and then some!!!!

There is a very good view of the Illuminations fireworks from the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. These fireworks are very close to the resorts.

The fireworks from DHS are a little farther away. If you want to take a short walk then you can get a good view of the Star Wars fireworks by walking down the path to DHS until you can see the Grauman's Chinese Theater in the distance. It will be right after you go under the bridge. This is probably a ten minute walk from the Boardwalk, depending on where your starting point is. :)

Your friends just have to tell the guard your name and room number and they would be able to park there. :)

YES!! When we were there in December, we watched Illuminations from the bridge vantage point several times!!! LOVED IT!

For anyone interested, I have posted on the lounge offerings at YC on the Club Level thread. There are couple different posts covering Saturday & Sunday's apps & desserts & this mornings breakfast. Sorry I don't have time to repost here but I can do a report after I get home next weekend if anyone wants.

Weather is perfect so far, crowds are moderate & YC is wonderful as always!

My guess is people are stealing them. They are thin and fold up small...easy to take home to remind people of their stay. I can't think of any other reason why they are suddenly removing them.

Bingo! This is the exact reason.

Five days until I arrive at YC. Yay! I just completed my online check-in but I was a little concerned about putting a credit card on file. I plan on paying for my entire vacation with Disney gift cards. I made sure to pay the room balance in full with my gift cards before beginning online check-in because I was worried that the balance might be charged to my credit card right away. But when I read through the fine print, it says that I am authorizing them to charge any room charges to my cc. I am sure that last time I was there, I was able to go to the front desk every few days and pay off my balance with gift cards. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I was planning on using my magic band to charge everything to the room to simplify things rather than digging out gift cards every time I wanted to make a purchase.

The reason I did this was because I got 4X fuel points at my Kroger store for gift card purchases so I saved a ton on gas fill-ups and also because it is such a good feeling to go on vacation and know everything is already paid for!

Five days until I arrive at YC. Yay! I just completed my online check-in but I was a little concerned about putting a credit card on file. I plan on paying for my entire vacation with Disney gift cards. I made sure to pay the room balance in full with my gift cards before beginning online check-in because I was worried that the balance might be charged to my credit card right away. But when I read through the fine print, it says that I am authorizing them to charge any room charges to my cc. I am sure that last time I was there, I was able to go to the front desk every few days and pay off my balance with gift cards. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I was planning on using my magic band to charge everything to the room to simplify things rather than digging out gift cards every time I wanted to make a purchase.

The reason I did this was because I got 4X fuel points at my Kroger store for gift card purchases so I saved a ton on gas fill-ups and also because it is such a good feeling to go on vacation and know everything is already paid for!
I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason! Filling up at Kroger has been REALLY inexpensive this year. :D

Good morning!

My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks, and as a groomsman's gift, my future BIL flew his men down for a weekend in WDW. Their favorite place to stay is WL, and I'd stayed there as a teen with my parents, but my fiancee (who some of you know) had never. By staying at WL, we both have completed the rounds of staying at every deluxe resort. I crossed the finish line when we stayed at the Poly last summer. We had a nice hot weekend, and it was so good to be there when we don't usually get there. No La Vie En Rose cocktail at F&G was safe! We stayed CL at WL and had a deluxe room with a nice view of Bay Lake. They have a great new pool bar/restaurant called Geyser Point, and I couldn't help but wonder if at some point HH will expand like this.

We DID manage to sneak in some BC time as it was such a short trip, we widely shrugged Disney transport and Ubered everywhere. We decided the quickest way into Epcot was to go through the BC, so *Oh Well,* I guess we'll just have to spend some time there! I can report that there seems to be some decent construction (convention center wise) in the outskirts of the BC parking lot, but I think the way the building is angled, few if any rooms should be looking at it, but I could be wrong. It was such a tease to be there, but we'll be back for a long stay in August!

On a more personal note, the trip was great, but the return home was not. Our beloved Grace, the cat I've had for 11 + years took a big turn on the last day we were gone, and thank goodness some higher power got us home just in time to spend some time with her before we had to say goodbye. She'd been tentatively diagnosed with cancer in October, but had outlived her prognosis and was doing fine. She even had a clean round of bloodwork come back about 3 weeks ago. The vet was even questioning his own diagnosis, but then she started acting a bit funny before we left, but not so funny that we felt we couldn't go. She was also fine for most of the 72 hours we were away, but really took a plunge about 12 hours before we got home. I miss her, but I'm glad I got to see her to say goodbye, I'm glad she wasn't sick for long, and I'm glad I got to spend a weekend in my happy place before dealing with this loss. :flower3:

I am sorry for your loss. Our pets are like family to us. Kristi

Placing a credit card on file is SOP for ANY hotel. But, you can still periodically go down to the front desk and pay down your bill. When I checked out at BC this past November, I think I had until 1:00 or 2:00 of check-out day to call in and make a gift card payment (in case I made any charges to my Magic Band).

I believe you can just change your payment method when you are there at the front desk. They just want a card number kept on file.

On a more personal note, the trip was great, but the return home was not. Our beloved Grace, the cat I've had for 11 + years took a big turn on the last day we were gone, and thank goodness some higher power got us home just in time to spend some time with her before we had to say goodbye.

Sorry about your pet. Thank goodness you did get home in time to say a goodbye. We've lost beloved pets, dogs, in the past and it was so difficult. Having been through their entire lives though with them and watch them pass on, I thank them for just showing the simplicity of enjoying life as it is and being able to share it with them. The one in my picture here is still with us, my only and current dog. They are like members of the pack, family. It's never easy.

Good morning!

I am SO sorry for your loss, but glad you were able to spend time with her first. No question, this is the worst part of loving furry family members. :sad1:

But when I read through the fine print, it says that I am authorizing them to charge any room charges to my cc. I am sure that last time I was there, I was able to go to the front desk every few days and pay off my balance with gift cards. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I was planning on using my magic band to charge everything to the room to simplify things rather than digging out gift cards every time I wanted to make a purchase.
I think that if you want to use your MagicBands to charge to the room then you will have to put a credit card down. They won't charge your credit card until 2am on the day you check out, so if you want to pay off the balance with gift cards then be sure to go to the desk the evening before check out.

I personally find it easier to use a gift card for purchases than to use a Magic Band. You don't need to enter a pin code when using the gift card like you do for the MBs. :)

Placing a credit card on file is SOP for ANY hotel. But, you can still periodically go down to the front desk and pay down your bill. When I checked out at BC this past November, I think I had until 1:00 or 2:00 of check-out day to call in and make a gift card payment (in case I made any charges to my Magic Band).

I believe you can just change your payment method when you are there at the front desk. They just want a card number kept on file.

Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure I would be able to do this but I just wanted to make sure they didn't change the policy since my last visit. It seems like I read a post a couple years ago on one of the other boards that said once your total charges hit a certain amount, it would be charged to the cc on file. I can't remember what that amount was now. Maybe $500? Anyway, I will be sure to keep an eye on my charges and make sure it doesn't get too high before stopping at the front desk just in case.

I think that if you want to use your MagicBands to charge to the room then you will have to put a credit card down. They won't charge your credit card until 2am on the day you check out, so if you want to pay off the balance with gift cards then be sure to go to the desk the evening before check out.

I personally find it easier to use a gift card for purchases than to use a Magic Band. You don't need to enter a pin code when using the gift card like you do for the MBs. :)
Thanks Wood Nymph. Yes, it might be easier to just use the gift card and not have to bother with the pin code. Maybe I'll do a little of both depending on the situation. I was thinking it might be easier at restaurants to just use my MB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter