Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

43 days to go............nothing left to do but scan, rescan, scan a third time at ADR's (might have to tweak that time by 5 min :rolleyes1) move around my FP+, put items in my GG order, then remove them, then add them, then decide again that you don't need to place an order for this trip.

I'm going crazy.

Trying to keep my mind off the fact that in 3 weeks, I drive my baby off to college :sad:
I am with you!! We paid ours yesterday so you know what that means....45 days!! It will go by fast! We are going away the week after next too which will make the next few weeks fly!! EEK!!

I have to just say I am just so excited for this trip. We have been saving forever!!!!

I feel the same way! We were going to go last year but some stuff came up so we've been saving and planning this trip since last year. My car needed a new engine which ate up some of my vacation money but we came out ok and can't believe we are 27 days away!

We are here!!! Arrived around 12/12:30 and room was ready. We booked a standard view, requested not first floor, full balcony & daybed and we had our requests met and have a GV room. We are by the Epcot entrance (can even see some WS roof tops from the room), but we have a stroller, so the steps won't always come in handy. And I have a box of Tastycake Chocolate Cupcakes waiting for Teena on Sunday (or Monday)! Hopefully my kids don't find where I hid them!!!! Now off to get my pedicure I couldn't fit in before we left.

We are just starting out. My girls play 9U & 11U, just getting into travel. Spent what felt like a million dollars on soccer camps this summer, then they get to the first practice for the season and they look like they have never played before. LOL

It's not cheap but so worth it! This year, she played on a National League ranked team. From Sept 2014 - last week we traveled to: Birmingham Alabama, Oklahoma City, Lakeland Florida, Raleigh NC, Disney Showcase, Gulfshores AL, Gulfport MS, Montgomery AL, Indianapolis, Little Rock, Tulsa OK and I know I'm forgetting a couple. Made my DH promise we would NEVER add this year up......or I might throw up!!!!!!

Enjoy watching them, it's over so very fast!!!

P.S. we actually get to watch one of her college games while we are at Disney this September!!!!! She will be so surprised.

I actually have another question, is Disney still giving out specific "celebration" buttons? We are celebrating two first visits and two anniversaries, I've heard rumors that they were just giving out generic "I'm celebrating" buttons but I'd like them to be more specific like they used to be
We were celebrating birthdays and an anniversary at BC earlier this month and received buttons with Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary on them. :)

It's not cheap but so worth it! This year, she played on a National League ranked team. From Sept 2014 - last week we traveled to: Birmingham Alabama, Oklahoma City, Lakeland Florida, Raleigh NC, Disney Showcase, Gulfshores AL, Gulfport MS, Montgomery AL, Indianapolis, Little Rock, Tulsa OK and I know I'm forgetting a couple. Made my DH promise we would NEVER add this year up......or I might throw up!!!!!!

Enjoy watching them, it's over so very fast!!!

P.S. we actually get to watch one of her college games while we are at Disney this September!!!!! She will be so surprised.
Holy Smokes!!! That is a lot of traveling. WOW.

This news and Erika's pictures just rocked my morning!!!

What a GREAT use of this building that used to sell pool supplies!

I did not get a Dole Whip during the June class trip (didn't even make it into Adventureland with Pirates closed) and didn't anticipate having one in August since I won't be making it to MK.

To celebrate, here are some dancing bananas since I don't have any dancing pineapples

:banana::banana::banana:

ETA: Erika reports that you can get the Pineapple Ice Cream/Float WITH alcohol!

:drinking1
Are any of these a snack credit?

The time is finally here! My family will arrive tomorrow for our one night reservation at Pop and then we check in Saturday morning for our 7 nights at the Beach Club! This is our very first stay at BC. Now if only the weather will cooperate, it looks like rain almost every day! I want to spent afternoons at SAB!!!! Also I thought I would share a photo of my manicure I had done for my "Staycation" since I am a CM we are not permitted nailpolish like this but because I will have 9 days off I am taking a break from the "disney look"

beach%20nails_zpst6ltc09a.jpg

Just caught up on 20+ pages. I love this thread! The news about a Dole Whip at SAB has made my night!

We are 56 days out now. I discovered on Monday that only 2 of my party of 13 had park tickets linked to their MDE accounts, so I did what I could with FP+ reservations. Today was better, I got both F&WF events I wanted - Parisian breakfast and Flying Fish signature dinner, yay! I've never been to either restaurant!

I am beyond excited for this vacation. I received a rather sudden new work assignment and had to go to DC for a few months, I started just this past Monday. I'm homesick and can't wait to be with my family and friends, and not working!

Hello all! I was planning a "budget" trip to WDW this fall but I couldn't stay away from my beloved BC&YC so I added a few nights at the beginning. So excited to see the BC room renovations in person, have a dole whip and turn another year older (ok, maybe not so excited about that, but birthdays at BC are the best, right?).

Need to catch up on this thread, but I just wanted to recommend to anyone who wants the latest and greatest BC news to check out TigrLvsPooh's live trip report.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...-the-bc-and-gf-july-25-august-2-2015.3431066/

She is leaving BC today, but her report so far has some awesome pictures of her trip including club level photos, BC merchandise, a fab. view of the Frozen fireworks from her room, Bounceback, laundry info and more. Oh, yeah, she visits the Disney and Universal theme parks, too!

Of course she broke the "cool" news of the Frozen treats at SAB, including DOLE WHIPS!!!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
have revised the laundry post on page 1 (Post 4)- If anyone has anything to add or info to correct, please let me know.

How many laundry rooms are there? 1 at BC? 1 or 2 at YC? 1 at BCV (4th floor)???

In this post, I have pictures of the folding area in the BCV laundry room. Has anyone been in there lately and know if it still looks like this?

Thanks!!!

Laundry Information :laundy:

Self-service laundry rooms are located near the BC quiet pool (near room 1532) and near the YC quiet pool. Another small laundry room may be found on the first floor of the YC, near the side exit (wedding gazebo side). There is also a laundry room located in the BCV building (4th floor off main elevators).

Need new laundry info, Feb 2015-

The washers and dryers and detergent dispensers use credit or debit cards for payment. Coins/Cash are no longer accepted methods of payment.

$2.50 per wash load and $2.50 per load for the dryer.

There is now a way to monitor where in the cycle your laundry is through your phone by scanning the QR code from the machine on your phone. You can also set up to receive alerts by text to notify you when the wash is done.

The machines are HE (High Efficiency) so if you have regular detergent you only use 1/4 of the amount needed for normal washers. Signs in the laundry room say 2 Tablespoons of detergent. Tide Pods work fine in these machines. Detergent may be purchased in the laundry room or in the BC Marketplace.

laundryentrance-1.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Erika (TigrLvsPooh)!

There are also Laundry Rooms by YC Quiet Pool and BCV, 4th Floor off main elevators

Sitting Area/Folding Table, TV and Change Machine. Not sure if this is still there.
Thank you bellebookworm9 for these BCV laundry room photos!

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

Last edited:
The BC has a second laundry room. It is the only laundry room I have ever used at the BC and it is the one that Erika was referring to as the "secret" laundry room. It is tucked away in a corner at the end of a hall near the Epcot end of the resort but I can't remember exactly where it is. :confused3

The YC also has a second laundry room that is located near the secret exit.

The BC has a second laundry room. It is the only laundry room I have ever used at the BC and it is the one that Erika was referring to as the "secret" laundry room. It is tucked away in a corner at the end of a hall near the Epcot end of the resort but I can't remember exactly where it is. :confused3

The YC also has a second laundry room that is located near the secret exit.

Thanks- I have never used the laundry rooms and it does appear that these are secret laundry rooms because they are not on the resort map I have.

If anyone can provide room numbers, that would be great.

For BC, I have the descriptions "near quiet pool" and "near room 1532"- is this the same laundry room or are these descriptions of the two at the Beach Club.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Laundry room pictures remind me of all the VERY EARLY mornings I have spent there

Dee - since I know you are a very early riser like me I might text you to bring your coffee and come on down to the laundry room one morning! Feel free to bring any early riser friends. (I usually get there between 4:30 and 5!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter