• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I can't believe it's been two months since our trip...I hate when life gets in the way of my fun. I haven't read back too far so sorry if I'm repeating information. I loved the new YC rooms. The floor is OK but would be nicer if it was laminate like the GF has in the vanity area instead of vinyl. It very much looks like a New England YC. The bed was a bit high for me being that I am vertically challenged...could have used a stool to get into it. :rotfl: Love the door that closes off the vanity area, I get up early and take a shower and didn't have to worry about waking up DH with lights or the sound of the hair dryer. We had bathrobes and slippers in the closet, but the slippers were huge...didn't even try them on. The refrigerator was very small not deep at all. You can barely get a can of soda in it, you would have to remove shelves and get creative to get anything larger in there. The safe was nice with enough room for a large tablet or laptop. We had a king room with a walk in shower and an awesome view of the lake. :cloud9:

I'm waiting for more info on the Minnie vans, if they make it a bespoke service it would be worth considering taking advantage of this. For instance if a couple wanted to go via Minnie Van from YC or BC over to CR for dinner just the two of them that would be ideal, if they pick up other guests at all the other hotels going to that resort in that time slot it's not gonna be as convenient or relaxing.
Let's see what they settle on in future, after all initial plans can and frequently do change in WDW all the time.

Dee, can you please add me to the Be Our Guest list? Coming down for a one-night solo "work" trip on 8/17 and excited to have found a room at YC!

What floors are complete now? Hoping to check out a renovated room.

Thanks!

Dee, can you please add me to the Be Our Guest list? Coming down for a one-night solo "work" trip on 8/17 and excited to have found a room at YC!

What floors are complete now? Hoping to check out a renovated room.

Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list next time I update.

Last I heard they were working (furiously) on the first and second floors. I expect the refurbishment to be complete by the time of your trip.

:goodvibes

People who know me know that I am incredibly positive person, and try to look for the good in every situation. But holy cow guests can be rude at WDW! Once while we were staying CL at BC, a CM laid out a tray of scallops wrapped in bacon. There had to of been 20 on the tray. A gentleman cut The line picked up the entire train walked with it. Someone in line questioned him and his reply was, "what? I'm paying for it." We had befriended a CM in the lounge and asked why he didn't stop this behavior, and the incredibly polite reply with something to the effect of having to do with not making waves. Unfortunately, I read that as the customer always being right, even when the customer is incredibly rude! :sad2:
That's terrible, but I am not shocked sadly. My response would have been "Yes and everyone else is paying for it too ya pig!" My frontal lobe has been speaking it's own mind lately, so I apologize
I cannot believe how poorly behaved guests can be and how CMs can be treated so rudely in general. Entitlement is such an ugly thing to deal with. The CM's are there to enhance our enjoyment and carry out the work that needs to be done to operate a business, but they just happen to work where we love to vacation.

I am glad I am not alone on being annoyed by Photobucket! I am looking elsewhere for photo hosting-my photos on here are all jacked up and not loading. I thought I was just going crazy or my computer was acting up

Firstly I apologize for being MIA, on and off the boards, things here have been crazy busy with having the baby in December, volunteer commitments etc. I am back and going to try to commit to a trip report for our upcoming trip...its been a tough year for us and our friends that we are going with, sunken treasures for all!!

Lots has been happening on here, I am so sorry I have missed it, and send my condolences to you Dea and HockeyMom's Family, she will be missed.

We are doing the Happy Dance as we are within single digits of our trip now, and we managed to get a passholder discount for our last two nights and switch over to BC from Poly. So excited to stay at our second home and not have to switch resorts!

That's terrible, but I am not shocked sadly. My response would have been "Yes and everyone else is paying for it too ya pig!" My frontal lobe has been speaking it's own mind lately, so I apologize
I cannot believe how poorly behaved guests can be and how CMs can be treated so rudely in general. Entitlement is such an ugly thing to deal with. The CM's are there to enhance our enjoyment and carry out the work that needs to be done to operate a business, but they just happen to work where we love to vacation.
That behavior is completely unacceptable. I would have had to confront that person (to the chagrin of my wife I'm sure).

Forgot to post this earlier...

:cool1: 60 Day Dance! :cool1:
Made our FPs this morning- no problem getting FoP for Day 4 of our trip. What I didn't do, but should have done, was immediately make my 7DMT FP next. I got one, but it's at a less than desirable time. But hey! It gives me something to do to pass the days away!

Less than 32 days! And it's getting harder and harder to keep the trip a secret for DS and DD.
There is far to much leverage to be had for us to keep a vacation secret from our kids! Well done to you keeping it a surprise, have you got any reveal plans?

That's all i was thinking too.... well that plus I do still know some young boys who would go 'eww' to anything pink. So many other colors to choose from anyway - personally I think the pink is nice but red is classic.

LOL True! And, honestly, I'm all about the classic colors, too.

Ok so they are putting Cabanas by the pool...

I think we need suggestions on what should be in those Cabanas!

For instance I think we need Johnny Depp and Matthew McConaughey stationed in my Cabana as Cabana boys. They would be waiting in the hot tub that will be in my cabana. The hot tub will be situated between the sunken treasure machine and the Dole whip machine. On the table will be an order of truffle fries and bacon wrapped short ribs with cheesy grits and whatever else Club Level is serving. *Note to Scott: I promise to return the tray.

Of course my Cabana will have to have a daybed, even if I have to drag it out of the room and toss it in the tent... oops I mean Cabana.

In front of my Cabana will be a wall of those green sand buckets, stacked in an orderly fashion for privacy. There also will be an elevator to the big slide so I don't have to walk ALL THE WAY AROUND Stormalong Bay!

There also will be a giant water cannon mounted on the roof of my Cabana so I can shoot the DJ that screams at the children ALL AFTERNOON at the pool.

Pew, Pew, Pew with the water cannon. That should be enough to deter the CONSTANT BANTER and cheesy kid pop songs.

Next I'll need Sirius satellite radio so I can play the 80's channel as I marinate in the hot tub with Matty and Johnny.

I know I will also have my own monogrammed, Olympic caliber, pool tube waiting for me in the hot tub. I won't have to put up with the dirty looks from Dee, Janet and Nannette when I pool tube in a hot tub because IT'S A CABANA HOT TUB AND I CAN POOL TUBE IF I WANT TO!

What am I missing?

~NM

Ninja Mom, I like your thinking.

My cabana boys are Nathan Fillion, Bruce Campbell, Daniel Craig, Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges, Christoph Waltz, and Mads Mikkelsen - one for each day of the week, so they get the rest of the days off to have fun at WDW (Nate, Jeff, and Bruce seem like dudes who'd enjoy WDW a lot). The cabana boys are in charge of shoulder rubs, rocking the hammock I plan on installing in the cabana, putting sunscreen on my back, and making sure I have a never-ending loop of vintage Italian funk/jazz/lounge music to accompany things. Tom Servo will be in charge of fetching food and beverage; I'll make sure his batteries are charged for numerous trips into Epcot for snacks from WS. The cabana will have a teleportation machine to spare my lazy butt from having to walk to the top of the water slide. I plan on stealing your water cannon idea but will also have Jason Momoa or someone similarly attractive-but-terrifying on hand to scowl at anyone who takes umbrage about my squirting water at little Snotleigh because she wouldn't stop singing "Let It Go." I will also have a big stack of trashy novels on hand to read whilst I lounge in the hammock and eat cannoli while a cabana boy rubs my shoulders. Frankly I don't see the need to even go into the parks.

There is far to much leverage to be had for us to keep a vacation secret from our kids! Well done to you keeping it a surprise, have you got any reveal plans?
We are staying at a hotel the night before near the airport as our flight the next day is super early. We are going to do a scavenger hunt around the house that involves getting to the hotel and leaves the last clue for the morning. In the morning they'll read the last clue that tells them do get dressed. Their shirts will reveal where they're going. Hoping it all goes well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter