• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I did online check in for BC on Monday and I was able to enter an arrival time for two separate rooms. We aren't using ME. :confused3

Yes, I was able to add an arrival time for my YC room that is not using ME too (and I can still edit it), but I can't for a room associated with ME. Someone else isn't even able to enter a time for a room not associated with ME, so it seems like another lovely Disney IT thing.

So I just went to do online check-in. I let my TA make room requests and leave that section blank, but I like to let the resort know when we're arriving. This time, in the spot for arrival information, it just said "Disney's Magical Express," and there was no place for me to add anything about flight information. Is this newish? I assume this means that through Magical Express, the resort in fact knows when we're arriving? I only ask because our first day plan is to get to the BC before noontime and pool it up before dinner at 5, and we'd love to have our room to change/shower in.
Disney knows what flight you are arriving on, if you booked ME. They also know when you board ME on your way to the resort. When ME pulls into the resort driveway, they know exactly who is arriving on that bus. There are no secrets with the MagicBands.

A guest only can enter an arrival time in MDE, if not using ME to the resort. You can always ask your TA to place a note in your record that you would appreciate room being available upon arrival (but that may interfere with any other room requests you may have made).

I hate that it's not at least 11. When we were there in February of 2016 Sports pools were open until 11, and it was winter. By the time you get back from the parks, the pools will be closed. We enjoyed our evening swims after the parks.

I agree. I think the pool should have extended opening hours especially in summer. Really could do with opening at 8am and staying open until at least 11pm. Evening swims are so much fun :)

Anybody know if alcohol in the solarium or BCV drawing room is allowed? If DH wanted to spend part of one of our resort only days playing pokemon cards with DS with a cocktail from Hurricane Hannah or somewhere, would a CM bother him for it?

I hate that it's not at least 11. When we were there in February of 2016 Sports pools were open until 11, and it was winter. By the time you get back from the parks, the pools will be closed. We enjoyed our evening swims after the parks.

I agree. I think the pool should have extended opening hours especially in summer. Really could do with opening at 8am and staying open until at least 11pm. Evening swims are so much fun :)

In my experience, the quiet pools will still be open. I know there has been a gate added since my last trip, however you should still be able to use the pool after hours without anyone bothering you - as long as you aren't too rowdy. :rolleyes1

I know it's not SAB, but at least you can still relax for a bit! I'm sure if this practice has changed, someone will correct me!

In my experience, the quiet pools will still be open. I know there has been a gate added since my last trip, however you should still be able to use the pool after hours without anyone bothering you - as long as you aren't too rowdy. :rolleyes1

I know it's not SAB, but at least you can still relax for a bit! I'm sure if this practice has changed, someone will correct me!

The Quiet Pool has a posted closing time of 11:00 PM.
There are no lifeguards at the Quiet Pool.

Anybody know if alcohol in the solarium or BCV drawing room is allowed? If DH wanted to spend part of one of our resort only days playing pokemon cards with DS with a cocktail from Hurricane Hannah or somewhere, would a CM bother him for it?

Great question!

I'm pretty sure it is ok, but I'm not positive. I have walked around the resort doing photo shoots with a Sunken Treasure and nobody has ever stopped me.

That being said, if an adult drink is transferred to a refill mug, who would know???

:drinking1

I did online check in for BC on Monday and I was able to enter an arrival time for two separate rooms. We aren't using ME. :confused3
I also added MDE and could not add flight / time infos. We fly intl and always get rental coling. Think there's a glitch. Just need to remember to stop by tje front desk to schedule.

We are arriving at the YC in 12 days and did online check in. It never asked what time we were arriving. Did I miss it?

Just checking in to see if anyone knows for certain if all rooms have been refurbed (think it was down to floors 1 and 2 recently) at YC. Checking in next week and want to request first floor, but only if the room renos are done as would like a new room. Thanks. Best thread of ALL on here. Props to Dee! Thanks.

Just checking in to see if anyone knows for certain if all rooms have been refurbed (think it was down to floors 1 and 2 recently) at YC. Checking in next week and want to request first floor, but only if the room renos are done as would like a new room. Thanks. Best thread of ALL on here. Props to Dee! Thanks.

Awww!!! Thanks!

Will you take third-hand confirmation?

Someone posted a few pages back that a guest last week said all rooms were finished.

I'll try to get some official confirmation from someone at the resort.

:goodvibes

I've walked all around the resort with an acrylic wine glass or can of beer plenty of times with no issue. We've also taken our own drink into Martha's Vineyard and no one has ever said anything (we don't just go in there and take up space without ordering anything though - we always buy another drink and usually apps).

Can anyone confirm the hours of the new Market at the YC? I've learned to not rely on the hours on the Disney website for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter