Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not in Florida-safely in Connecticut- just curious. The people that are staying at the YC BC CL- will you have access to the CL lounge for food and drinks during the hurricane?

Just wanted to say how amazing the staff at BC/YC are right now. There is lots of extra CM's on hand. Loads of activities and everyone is trying to keep the mood as light as possible. My daughter had a blast singing, dancing and playing games in the YC lobby last night.

I'm not in Florida-safely in Connecticut- just curious. The people that are staying at the YC BC CL- will you have access to the CL lounge for food and drinks during the hurricane?
I don't remember where but I saw a report that a BC CL guest had been told by staff the CL will operate as usual.

Ooooh... Minnie Vans can go straight to MK bus stop bypassing TTC?! This. Could. Change. Everything. (Ok, well just one evening giving me an extra 20 mins in my schedule but I'll take it!)

I agree. I'm going on a short trip in November and plan to use the Minnie Vans if we head to a different resort to visit friends staying there (OKW, I think).

Has anyone else had issues with the "request" section of online check in? When i select it, nothing comes up.

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 7.23.02 AM.png

Mine is also just like that! I had previously put in requests. I guess I will see what happens when we get there.

Someone just reported on the club level thread that BC's Stone Harbor Club has been open all day today so far.

We left MK after late EMHs at 12:30 am and went to get a bus back to the resort. One bus filled up and there seemed to be no change in the length of the line waiting, so I summoned us a Minnie Van. It came to bus stop 11 (which was the closest one to the entrance) within 3 minutes. You can see what the wait will be before you order it. You also know the Minnie Van number which is painted on the side and they know your name. The front seats are even cooled so it is an EXTREMELY CIVILIZED way to get back to the resort after park closure.

Once all the resorts are using them it may be more difficult to get but our experience was amazing.

Sounds like a great option! How much are the Minnie vans? Is tip included?

Hi all! Considering Beach Club for an April 2018 stay -- it's been ages since we've stayed there! I see that YC recently completed a renovation... anything ongoing or planned for BC? I couldn't find it, but this is a GIANT thread... thanks in advance! :)

I had heard that they replaced the mattresses since I took that picture, so it seems as if I deleted the picture. :(
So I wonder if that means they have, in fact, switched it to pillowtops.
Won't order until I know for sure. You all may be wondering why it is so important to have the right bed (other than the main reason that it can't be returned). I imagine that buying a Pillowtop might be a no-brainer for some, as you'd think it would be softer, etc. Pillowtops are very nice, however, in my experience, they tend to wear down easily and start to sag (although, I guess most mattresses do). I slept really well on this bed in BC 4604, so if it's the plush, I want the plush. If it wasn't the plush, and I order it and it turns out to be different, i.e., firmer, this will be a major issue as I won't be able to change it out for another.

Thanks for all your help. I'm hoping to have answers once things calm down after Irma. My thoughts and prayers are with my family, friends, and Mouse lovers!

First time poster in here but my husband and I are at the yacht club right now sitting through hurricane Irma and not sure if anyone has been following the bucket list family, the family doing the 30 resorts in 30 days, but we were sitting down in the Beach Club lobby area and the dad and 2 kids walked by. It was like seeing a celebrity because I've been watching their little videos on instagram. There have been non stop activities and lots of food for sale. It's been rainy and the wind has been picking up. I believe around midnight is when it should be the worst. But so far so good here at the yacht club. Oh and lots of dogs walking around because Disney allowed animals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter