Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My countdown is down to just 5 days! Really looking forward to getting away and just relaxing and enjoying the Beach Club. Our first time staying there and not staying Club Level. Don't think I will miss it since we were not too impressed when we stayed there in January. We have some new dinners planned and we will go over to Epcot for Food and Wine. I managed to get Halloween Party tickets with a cast discount for The 24th, but other than that don't plan on spending much time in the parks.

Have to echo everyone else about Dee's hard work on this thread. She puts so much time and effort into keeping up with everything and does a fantastic job! Dee have a great time on your cruise. I know Teena is looking forward to it and really needs her happy place with good friends.

Please drop our November trip from Be Our Guest list...I keep trying to get it to work in the schedule, but not looking good. I need to get "home" for a weekend, will have to wait for 2018...

But we get to add March 17-22 for Spring Break @ BCV (I get to drive 16+ hours with the kids 12/14/14 by myself, YAY! DW will be in Orlando for conference the week prior) and May 4 - May 8 DSS 15th Birthday Trip @ BCV

Add me to the list for May 28-31st. Three days to just relax, and enjoy SAB, maybe head to Disney Springs one morning. No parks this trip. I think we will really be able to sit back and RELAX. We have stayed at the Yacht before and loved it so I know we will love the Beach. Only downside is I had to take a standard view room, but that's OK because I won't be in the room that much anyway and it was a nice size discount.

I might end up putting down a deposit on a room for May 6-9 as well later on, just to have two dates set in stone in case one was not to work out. Would that be unethical to do?

I might end up putting down a deposit on a room for May 6-9 as well later on, just to have two dates set in stone in case one was not to work out. Would that be unethical to do?
Why would it be unethical - you are planning to use one of those trips, but sometimes you need to be sure and have your bases covered. It's not like you are tying up several room for 2 week stays or anything like that....

Why would it be unethical - you are planning to use one of those trips, but sometimes you need to be sure and have your bases covered. It's not like you are tying up several room for 2 week stays or anything like that....
Ok, good.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I think you're going to like it here!

:cool1:

Awww! Thanks for the kind words. I have been fortunate to have lots of people who help provide all of the great info here so I can present it in a useful and comprehensive way.

Always learning new things about the resort and Disney.

:thumbsup2

Can you add me for November 25-28th YC :)

So we just booked an incredibly last minute weekend trip and are driving down tonight from Atlanta for two nights at the BC with my 9 year old, 17 year old daughter and her best friend. Didn't even think about it till about 4pm so super spontaneous, no FPs or anything. Figured we'd do one day at MK then some pool time Sunday before we head home. It's completely and utterly ridiculous but dang we were needing some WDW. It'll be our first time at the BC!

So we just booked an incredibly last minute weekend trip and are driving down tonight from Atlanta for two nights at the BC with my 9 year old, 17 year old daughter and her best friend. Didn't even think about it till about 4pm so super spontaneous, no FPs or anything. Figured we'd do one day at MK then some pool time Sunday before we head home. It's completely and utterly ridiculous but dang we were needing some WDW. It'll be our first time at the BC!

GLHF. Jealous. Gotta love spontaneous trips. Did that once for Vegas. Had a itch and was Vegas bound the next day. LOL

SABgoogleearth2.jpg
I have a question here, if you will notice in between the two beach words that are on the map at the bottom it looks as if the pool extends there. But I am thinking it doesn't. Or did it at one time? Did Disney just cut that area out? I'm curious?

View attachment 269935
I have a question here, if you will notice in between the two beach words that are on the map at the bottom it looks as if the pool extends there. But I am thinking it doesn't. Or did it at one time? Did Disney just cut that area out? I'm curious?
No pool extension there and never was. It's simply an inaccurate rendering/depiction of the runoff from SAB to Crescent Lake.

Work is about to kill me! BUT......FOUR more sleeps and then I am on a plane home to Walt Disney World. :D Yacht Club here we come! :joyfull: Everyone's updates and pictures have helped me get through these last few weeks with all the chaos at work and worry over Irma. In any event, I am so excited for our first stay at this resort, and to be so close to the Food & Wine Festival :hungry:. Honestly I haven't eaten in a week - I'm starved. JK - but we have been trying to clean out the fridge and the pickings are gettin' pretty slim.

All right Mickey - See Ya Real Soon!

Long time lurker, first time poster! This thread has been amazing for tips - thanks all!

We're arriving at Yacht Club next Saturday (eeek!) for a two week stay with four year old - do the kids get any little gift at check in (like the swords at CBR or beads at POFQ)

This is our first deluxe stay and cannot wait!

Long time lurker, first time poster! This thread has been amazing for tips - thanks all!

We're arriving at Yacht Club next Saturday (eeek!) for a two week stay with four year old - do the kids get any little gift at check in (like the swords at CBR or beads at POFQ)

First of all :welcome: to the DIS
I have never heard of a gift for a child at checkin

We're arriving at Yacht Club next Saturday for a two week stay with four year old - do the kids get any little gift at check in (like the swords at CBR or beads at POFQ) This is our first deluxe stay and cannot wait!
Your post made me think back on my 35+ years of staying in the World with my wife and kids and at all the resorts we have stayed at. I honestly cannot ever remember the kids getting a gift at check in other than maybe a balloon from the greeter at the CR, a captain's cap once from the YC greeter, stickers at the GF (or was that Dixie Landings) and maybe a warm smile from CMs. Most of the time, they were too busy running around exclaiming their glee at being at the most happiest place on earth (even in their "older" years) to worry about getting anything. Mom and dad were too tired from the travel with them to complain.
Katesdad

Last edited:
Returned a few weeks ago from our first stay at BC... needless to say, we loved it. One little thing that we loved was the smell of the lobby when you return from a long day at the parks. Question... does YC have a similar smell? We were thinking of booking at YC next time, but strangely enough, the lobby smell might change my mind lol.

Page 1027-1029

will insert smilies later, having tech difficulties with very slow thread today.

I have been lurking on this thread for some time and I am very grateful for all the information on it! We arrive in 30 days!!! We are staying in a garden room at Beach Club from 14th-22nd October.

I’ll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Page 15.

:cool1:

Reading up on the resort while counting down the days - staying at the Yacht club from November 3rd for 14 nights.

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Add me to the list for May 28-31st. Three days to just relax, and enjoy SAB, maybe head to Disney Springs one morning. No parks this trip. I think we will really be able to sit back and RELAX. We have stayed at the Yacht before and loved it so I know we will love the Beach. Only downside is I had to take a standard view room, but that's OK because I won't be in the room that much anyway and it was a nice size discount.

Will do!!!

:goodvibes

Can you add me for November 25-28th YC

You bet!

:thumbsup2

Please drop our November trip from Be Our Guest list...I keep trying to get it to work in the schedule, but not looking good. I need to get "home" for a weekend, will have to wait for 2018...

But we get to add March 17-22 for Spring Break @ BCV (I get to drive 16+ hours with the kids 12/14/14 by myself, YAY! DW will be in Orlando for conference the week prior) and May 4 - May 8 DSS 15th Birthday Trip @ BCV

I was sad for you, but then I see you are replacing one trip with 2, so hopefully that eases the sting a bit.

I’ll add your new trips to the list.

:yay:

:welcome: out of the shadows to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I’ll add you to the list- wishing you a fantastic trip!

::yes::

A last minute trip? How fun! Enjoy!

:dogdance:

Going soon:

Last day of work before vacation...felt like this day would never get here! YC here we come!

:woohoo:

My countdown is down to just 5 days! Really looking forward to getting away and just relaxing and enjoying the Beach Club. Our first time staying there and not staying Club Level. Don't think I will miss it since we were not too impressed when we stayed there in January. We have some new dinners planned and we will go over to Epcot for Food and Wine. I managed to get Halloween Party tickets with a cast discount for The 24th, but other than that don't plan on spending much time in the parks.

Have to echo everyone else about Dee's hard work on this thread. She puts so much time and effort into keeping up with everything and does a fantastic job! Dee have a great time on your cruise. I know Teena is looking forward to it and really needs her happy place with good friends.

Awww! Thank you my friend! Have a great, relaxing time.

:beach:

Work is about to kill me! BUT......FOUR more sleeps and then I am on a plane home to Walt Disney World. Yacht Club here we come! :joyfull: Everyone's updates and pictures have helped me get through these last few weeks with all the chaos at work and worry over Irma. In any event, I am so excited for our first stay at this resort, and to be so close to the Food & Wine Festival :hungry:. Honestly I haven't eaten in a week - I'm starved. JK - but we have been trying to clean out the fridge and the pickings are gettin' pretty slim.

All right Mickey - See Ya Real Soon!

Exciting!

:bounce:

Returned a few weeks ago from our first stay at BC... needless to say, we loved it. One little thing that we loved was the smell of the lobby when you return from a long day at the parks. Question... does YC have a similar smell? We were thinking of booking at YC next time, but strangely enough, the lobby smell might change my mind lol.

I’m so glad to hear you had a great trip.

So, from what I am told, the YC has the same smell generator and scent as the Beach Club, but it must be much fainter at YC because I don’t hear nearly the same number of comments about the aroma there.

::yes::

Actually I am bringing Dee a bag of Tim Hortons coffee for the trip. Every good Canadian can't resist Timmies and I am duty bound to try and win Dee away from the Dunkin and over to the red side.

~NM

Dunkin, Timmies, Chock Full O’ Nuts… There is room in my life (and room in our room) for coffees of all denominations.

:coffee:

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-16_11-42-17.png
    upload_2017-9-16_11-42-17.png
    137 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter