• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm thinking that Disney was "pressured" to offer this. I'm not sure by who; guests or some other group, but feel that there is some sort of trigger besides local competition. The best way to respond to pressure is to "pilot" the feature and then you'll have concrete reasons for why or why not this is a good fit for Disney. It's much easier to defend with real life situations [evidence] than to speculate why something theoretically does not work for Disney in this case. Give it a couple of months to see what actually transpires, but in my mind it's just a response for defense purposes.
I think it's something they've been looking at for awhile (because there is a lot of money to be made here) and they got to test run it to MUCH fanfare during Irma. We thought they were doing people a service- lol, they definitely got an opportunity to free test run for this. Dogs were ALL over the WDW resort, all hotels took them I think and so any guest rooms could have been affected. They didn't get kick-back so on to the next phase.

Sounds like you have an opinion as to where the pressure might be coming from but are reluctant to say... ?
Not at all. If you read my OP I stated I was "going out on a limb". I was speaking of pilot programs in a generic sense and how some of the parameters may apply to this specific program. Believe me! I have no insider information on this, just wanted to throw out some process points for consideration on the whys of this program.

Huh? Considering the average work day is 8 hours, I don't see how 7 hours is strange.

I think for some dogs, the unfamiliar surroundings (smells, noises, etc.), could make a difference from their normal routine - my dog was fine at home but would have been a nervous wreck if I left him alone in a hotel room for 2 hours, let alone 7!

Question .............
Does anyone know if they use/have Sobel blankets at the BC and/or YC?

My better half is addicted to these blankets , lol . (we actually have some we purchased direct from the Co. for our home)
They had them at GF, and BW during our last stay , so hoping they have them at BC for our upcoming trip in a week .
Note : NOT Vellux . Sobel is kind of like a very soft, high end version of the Vellux style.

REALLY dont want to have to lug a blanket along on vacation :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm ?
Thanks !

Ok ............I know this thread has gone to the dogs but ,

Does anyone remember (from a recent stay maybe) if BC and/or YC uses SOBEL Sobellux blankets in the rooms ??? :confused3
Sometimes they are under the duvet , and sometimes they are in a plastic bag in the closet as a spare.
GF, and BWI has the Sobellux micro fleece blankets . Hoping BC and YC do as well .

Here is what they look like to refresh some memories ! :thumbsup2

Cast Member Linen even sells them , so you can take a "Bit of Magic home with you"
https://www.castmemberlinen.com/about-us/

Just trying to see if BC/YC has these .........

1000x510_sobellux_glam_2_1.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe at their home, but I think it's less likely in a totally unfamiliar relatively small hotel room.

This exactly. My dog is super quiet at home, in the past 4 years he's barked maybe 10 times, if even. He's fine with me being gone for 9-10 hours a day at work, just chills at home. This past August I took him on a beach vacation for the first time, and my goodness, my usual totally chill, quiet dog, became a whiny barking mess every time we went out of the house without him! He eventually calmed down after about 3 days, but that is a long time for other guests to have to listen to that! Fortunately the beach house wasn't close to any other houses, so we didn't bother anyone else that trip, but I can't imagine how horrible this would be in a hotel room! Granted not all dogs will react that way, but I was certainly surprised that my usually very calm dog did!

And how will they enforce the 7 hour rule? It's not enforceable. And Disney doesn't like to enforce their own rules anyway.

You said a mouthful here!! That's the problem with their enforcing the rules 'history' - they DON'T!! :sad2: Might make a high paying guest upset! When they're not trustworthy with the rules they've already set up, why would they think we will trust them now?? I don't!

A dog barking all night?? Sorry, deal with it!! We'll pacify you with an extra FP - LOL Can see it now!

Ok ............I know this thread has gone to the dogs but ,

Does anyone remember (from a recent stay maybe) if BC and/or YC uses SOBEL Sobellux blankets in the rooms ??? :confused3
Sometimes they are under the duvet , and sometimes they are in a plastic bag in the closet as a spare.
GF, and BWI has the Sobellux micro fleece blankets . Hoping BC and YC do as well .

Here is what they look like to refresh some memories ! :thumbsup2

Cast Member Linen even sells them , so you can take a "Bit of Magic home with you"
https://www.castmemberlinen.com/about-us/

Just trying to see if BC/YC has these .........

1000x510_sobellux_glam_2_1.jpg
If I remember correctly, this is the blanket on the beds at yacht club. I was there. 9/20/17-9/28/17 and ended up changing my own sheets at the halfway point of our stay (don't ask) and remember thinking I loved how soft the blanket was. Couldn't recall the name but the gold lettering on corner looks the same. I'm not 100% but it was amazingly soft!

We stayed at the Beach Club May 19th to 24th and July 1st to 5th and I think that blanket was in the room. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was. It was really soft.

If I remember correctly, this is the blanket on the beds at yacht club. I was there. 9/20/17-9/28/17 and ended up changing my own sheets at the halfway point of our stay (don't ask) and remember thinking I loved how soft the blanket was. Couldn't recall the name but the gold lettering on corner looks the same. I'm not 100% but it was amazingly soft!

THANK YOU !!! :-)
Thats pretty close to a confirm , anyone else ?

Yes, they are very soft and comfy ! We have a few at our house now (that we purchased) , and was hoping that BC had them for our stay next week, so we didnt have to lug blankets with us. (yes they are that good, lol) .

Posted this on the "CL" and "Dog" threads, but thought I'd post here too as an fyi:

So, I just did an online chat session with Disney. Thought you all might be interested in the conversation. Here it is, exactly word-for-word:

Me: I have a question about the new dog-friendly policy at the Yacht Club Resort. If I book a club level room, will I be allowed to bring a dog?

Disney Rep: it will take me a moment to research your answer to your question. I will be right back!

Me: Thank you!

Disney Rep: Yes, all rooms are said to be available.

Me: So, I would still be placed on the regular club level floor (5th floor)? Also, can I book any room category on club level (standard view, garden view, or water view)?

Disney Rep: Yes, depending on the resorts club level usually has better views but all apply
(*Note: I typed the above response exactly as the Disney rep wrote it. Very odd wording, but I think the gist is that I can book any room category on club level)

Me: I am assuming dogs are not allowed in the club lounge?

Disney Rep: Yes they are only allowed in your room

Me: Thank you for answering my questions

Disney Rep: You're welcome. Have a magical day.

So, there you have it. Take it with a grain of salt...we all know that info can vary greatly from Disney rep to Disney rep.

For the record, I am very against allowing dogs (other than service dogs) at any resort. I was hoping that booking a club level reservation would prevent us from getting a room that had previously been occupied by someone else's pet. Guess not.

How many people who book CL and bring a dog will be taking table scraps from the lounge back to the room for their dog to eat? haha!

I just called to put a request for my November stay for allergy cleaning and also a request that my room is near the lobby and away from any dog rooms...she said she put the requests in and also said that all the dog rooms are in one area, not throughout the resort.....hmmm

Looking at Disney's map of YC "dog-friendly" guest rooms, it appears that the designated rooms are pool/lagoon view, and possibly garden/woods view. Does that mean that standard view bookings with a dog will not be accepted, or will guests automatically be upgraded to a preferred view, if reserving a "dog-friendly" room?

Of course, the other possibility is to assign a standard view room that is not shown to be one of the designated "dog-friendly" rooms.

I just called to put a request for my November stay for allergy cleaning and also a request that my room is near the lobby and away from any dog rooms...she said she put the requests in and also said that all the dog rooms are in one area, not throughout the resort.....hmmm

Good to hear. My son has a high dog allergy. Didn’t want to have to worry about it.

THANK YOU !!! :-)
Thats pretty close to a confirm , anyone else ?

Yes, they are very soft and comfy ! We have a few at our house now (that we purchased) , and was hoping that BC had them for our stay next week, so we didnt have to lug blankets with us. (yes they are that good, lol) .

Was in BC within the past 2 weeks , and I wanna say that what was in the the spare bedding but can always call house keeping and request them , we have requested extra almost ever stay , only had an issue once with the house keeper taking it daily

They allow peanuts on air planes which will literally kill people with peanut allergies

I only fly twice a year and in the past three years at least 1/3 of my flights have been peanut free. Seems airlines are more aware or notice was given of a passenger with this severe allergy. However I agree dog allergies are unlikely deadly!

I think the bigger problem will be the people who will not adhere to Disney’s rules when it comes to their dogs. We’ve all seen, in the resorts & parks, the people who just don’t believe the rules apply to them. Some of those same people will bring their dogs & have the same attitude. And we’ve also all seen, cms turn a blind eye to the rule breaking. It’s going to be an issue.
Just my 2 cents.

This exactly!!!

I don’t feel Disney has enough housekeeping staff to give each room the time it will need to be fully cleaned and treated for pests between guests. They wouldn’t be testing giving gift cards at some resorts in lieu of housekeeping if they weren’t already having staffing issues.

Exactly.

I think it's something they've been looking at for awhile (because there is a lot of money to be made here) and they got to test run it to MUCH fanfare during Irma. We thought they were doing people a service- lol, they definitely got an opportunity to free test run for this. Dogs were ALL over the WDW resort, all hotels took them I think and so any guest rooms could have been affected. They didn't get kick-back so on to the next phase.

My thoughts as well.

I work at a resort where dogs are catered to. Mostly it works well except for the bad owners or the guests who overreact because they don't care for dogs. FYI I am not a big a dog person but feel it can work. I also am glad I am at BC instead of YC. And for future if it sticks will choose a dog free resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter