Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So to finish, if you see 3 drunk women and me in a donkey cart, clopping through Epcot with a 'service' sniffing beagle on top of a donkey be sure to say Hi! We promise not to dander you or fling a Rodger 'production' your way *
~NM
View attachment 277958

Hey, I want my free Duber Ride! I won it fair and square from Dee and now you are going to be there when I'm not. What's up with that? She's trying to renege on the deal, isn't she? Man, oh man, this stinks. And it ain't just from Rogers "production".
:beach:

So I ended up getting a little tearful last night over this bloomin' "dog policy" that Disney foolishly decided to bring out with no prior notice.

I'd love some advice from you guys.

My boyfriend and I have been planning our dream WDW vacation for so long and were so excited to be at Yacht Club. We absolutely love YC, LOVE the location, the pool, the look of the new rooms!

I love dogs and have lived with dogs most of my life. However, my boyfriend has MAJOR dog anxiety - he was attacked when he was young and is now genuinely terrified of dogs and does all he can to avoid them (e.g. he'd cross the road to avoid being on the sidewalk with an on-coming dog). I haven't told him about this policy as I know it would FREAK him out. But I feel bad and know I should tell him. However, one part of me wonders if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill; we arrive in 3 weeks and maybe it's too early since the policy was introduced for there to be lots of people making use of it so I'm holding out hope that there won't actually be any dogs.

However, who knows. Do you think we should switch? Or "risk it"? Do you think I should tell him about this or would that just give him anxiety, possibly unnecessarily since there could be service dogs anyway?

However, one part of me wonders if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill; we arrive in 3 weeks and maybe it's too early since the policy was introduced for there to be lots of people making use of it so I'm holding out hope that there won't actually be any dogs.
I am in total agreement with this statement Dug.png
Katesdad

Last edited:

However, who knows. Do you think we should switch? Or "risk it"? Do you think I should tell him about this or would that just give him anxiety, possibly unnecessarily since there could be service dogs anyway?
We will be at POR next week and I have been upset that they made it a dog friendly resort without enough notice for us to change our plans. And to be honest, I don't want to change resorts. I've contacted guest services and they have noted that we don't want to be in the dog area. In spite of the fact that they can't guarantee it, I feel fairly confident that they will honor our request. It is a big resort and there will be very few dogs this early in the trial. I just hope I am right.

Your situation is a little different since the YC has interior hallways and dogs will have to walk through the lobby when the family checks in and out. They may have to walk through the hallway to get to the dog relief area, too. The YC is laid out in such a way that they could give you a room that is nowhere near the dog friendly rooms. But if there is a dog staying at the resort during your trip you may run into it when walking through the lobby. I think you should warn him about the dog policy and let him decide if he can handle it or not.

Good luck. I hope it all works out. :)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what's the cheapest rate you guys have ever gotten for BC/YC? Trying to plan my 3rd stay there and I'm wondering how low the price can go with AP discounts/PIN codes/whatever. :) Thanks!

We've gotten the best rates with the agency exclusive magical deals through our TA. In June we got standard view at BC for $350/night and in September YC standard view was $256/night (both including tax).

So I ended up getting a little tearful last night over this bloomin' "dog policy" that Disney foolishly decided to bring out with no prior notice.

My boyfriend and I have been planning our dream WDW vacation for so long and were so excited to be at Yacht Club. We absolutely love YC, LOVE the location, the pool, the look of the new rooms!

I love dogs and have lived with dogs most of my life. However, my boyfriend has MAJOR dog anxiety - he was attacked when he was young and is now genuinely terrified of dogs and does all he can to avoid them (e.g. he'd cross the road to avoid being on the sidewalk with an on-coming dog). I haven't told him about this policy as I know it would FREAK him out. But I feel bad and know I should tell him. However, one part of me wonders if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill; we arrive in 3 weeks and maybe it's too early since the policy was introduced for there to be lots of people making use of it so I'm holding out hope that there won't actually be any dogs.

I can't address the YC part of your question because I haven't stayed there. But my vote would be to tell him now. In my opinion, it would be 100x worse for him to learn of this policy right before the trip or during the trip. Discuss it together now, and you can determine whether your best course of action is to stay or switch resorts.

He may be upset by the new policy, but you never know - he may determine that staying at YC is worth it, even considering the possibility that non-service dogs may be in the resort at the time.

Regardless, if you talk it through you'll be able to make an informed decision together.

I am so sorry you're in this situation.

Since this is a major decision, I don't feel comfortable telling you what I think you should do. But I do feel extremely comfortable saying I believe your chances of coming across a dog have gone up maybe 2% over before this change. If your chances of coming across a service dog were 4%, now your chances have maybe gone up to 6%. You can do with that what you will.

Thanks very much everyone. I appreciate the input.

Can people report back as to how many dogs they actually see (or hear) at Yacht Club? I'm curious. I stayed at 3 of the Universal Orlando hotels, which allow dogs, and I don't recall seeing or hearing a single dog during any of those trips.
The thing is, I've heard it's not very popular at Universal because they strictly prohibit dogs being left in the room unattended. Whereas Disney are allowing guests to leave dogs in rooms on their own for 7 hours whilst guests go out and enjoy the parks.

Also, at Universal, there are dedicated dog areas/floor so that non-dog visitors aren't in close proximity. No such luck at Yacht Club; all rooms are dog eligible.

A few years ago, we would routinely get the deluxe club level rooms for under $400. a night. Those days are long gone.

I recently booked a reservation for January using the 35% off Visa promo , and was able to get a Garden/Woods view room at Yacht Club for $283. a night. That price is getting pretty close to Moderate pricing !

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-room-booking/
Nice! Was it room only? I'm a Visa holder & AP so I would be able to get that rate if it's room only. You have to call to get the extra visa discount, right?

Whether or not you switch resorts, you should absolutely warn him about seeing dogs at Disney. Last weekend I saw MANY service dogs in every park, and every park had police dogs going up & down the lines at security and bag check. I've stayed at dog friendly hotels many times over the years and I've hardly seen seen/heard dogs there. Pre-dog friendly Disney still had dogs all over the place because people from all walks of life go there and they bring their service dogs. I don't think you'll see dogs at the hotel, especially since you're going in three weeks and most people aren't going to cancel their boarding reservations (losing deposits) to fork over $75/night to bring their dog last minute. You will definitely see dogs at security and in the parks though, so you should warn him.

The Garden and Water View rooms that are dog friendly are in one area.
That is not what I have been advised by two separate CMs of the "executive office". Both told me that all water and garden view rooms are dog eligible and they will not be confined to one area / floor of the resort.

Is your information from a more reliable source?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter