Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, for the YC you need to call (407) 934-7000 with your room requests (if checking in within nine days). Note this is not directly the YC but is assigned to a group of resorts. It just happens that BC & YC are in different resort groups.

They will ask for your name, resort, and check-in date (no need for confirmation number). Unlike the central reservations number, this contact will take your room requests, even if you booked through a TA or third party.You will speak with a CM who handles requests/questions for a few specific Disney resorts.

If you want to add room requests for a stay further out than nine days, and you booked directly thru Disney, you can call central reservations, at: (407) 939-5277

Dave
Thank you!

In case any of you haven’t seen it yet, there are new discounts out for Jan - April. Room & package discounts, including an additional Disney Visa offer. Sooo, I now have 2 new trips to be added to the Be Our Guest list please Dee.

Feb 3- 8, YC water view club level
April 20- 24 YC garden view club level
April 24-27 YV garden view

I was so happy to get a discount for Easter week! Club level wasn’t available for the whole week, thus the split stay. This will be our first stay over a major holiday, so I am thrilled beyond belief that I got club level for Easter week end at all, let alone at a discount! I could have gotten BC Club Level for the second half of the week, but we really love YC & the club at BC was over $800 more for 3 nights. We’ll be perfectly happy in a regular YC room for those nights.

Sooo excited to have these trips booked!!!! :jumping1:

I have a question about our upcoming split-stay. We'll be moving from POFQ to Beach Club on October 21st. We plan on having POFQ transfer our luggage to the BC while we spend the day at Epcot. We are hoping to leave Epcot by 4 or 5 that day to head to BC and go swimming. Is there a chance that our luggage won't have arrived by then? I thought about packing our swimsuits in a backpack or something to carry around Epcot that day, but I'd rather not lug them around if our bags will arrive before we do. Thanks!

I have a question about our upcoming split-stay. We'll be moving from POFQ to Beach Club on October 21st. We plan on having POFQ transfer our luggage to the BC while we spend the day at Epcot. We are hoping to leave Epcot by 4 or 5 that day to head to BC and go swimming. Is there a chance that our luggage won't have arrived by then? I thought about packing our swimsuits in a backpack or something to carry around Epcot that day, but I'd rather not lug them around if our bags will arrive before we do. Thanks!

Hi! We occasionally do split stays. Disney will tell you the bags may not arrive til late afternoon, 3-5 pm. We usually get to the 2nd resort around 3. I can remember only one time when the bags were not there yet, probably was close to 5 before we got them. This was from YC to BWI, so only a really short move. Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee the bags will be there by 4ish, although there is a very strong likelihood they will be. If you will be upset having to wait to get in the pool, take the suits with you. If you have no other plans for the day & can wait til 5 or so if the bags are late, don’t. Sorry, don’t know if that is helpful to you or not!

Hi! We occasionally do split stays. Disney will tell you the bags may not arrive til late afternoon, 3-5 pm. We usually get to the 2nd resort around 3. I can remember only one time when the bags were not there yet, probably was close to 5 before we got them. This was from YC to BWI, so only a really short move. Unfortunately there is no way to guarantee the bags will be there by 4ish, although there is a very strong likelihood they will be. If you will be upset having to wait to get in the pool, take the suits with you. If you have no other plans for the day & can wait til 5 or so if the bags are late, don’t. Sorry, don’t know if that is helpful to you or not!

Agree with this. Some other options you may want to consider is non Disney transportation [Uber, taxi] from POFQ to BC on the morning of your transfer. You could check in to the BC, have all of your luggage stored with bell services and then retrieve when you return from Epcot. When you get to BC that morning you can enter via IG and then exit that afternoon. If non Disney transportation is not an option you can always rent a locker at Epcot for you backpack, either at main gate or IG.

That is super helpful, thank you!

Agree with this. Some other options you may want to consider is non Disney transportation [Uber, taxi] from POFQ to BC on the morning of your transfer. You could check in to the BC, have all of your luggage stored with bell services and then retrieve when you return from Epcot. When you get to BC that morning you can enter via IG and then exit that afternoon. If non Disney transportation is not an option you can always rent a locker at Epcot for you backpack, either at main gate or IG.

I hadn’t thought of just keeping our bag in a locker at Epcot. Thanks!

I booked today a split stay 4 nights at POR and 4 nights at YC April 3 - 7.
We will be running the Rival Run as a family on April 5 (starts and ends at the Epcot parking lot) and then DH is running the 10K on Saturday and the Half on Sunday. Those start i the MK parking lot and end in the Epcot parking lot. I hope to go watch him finish (maybe)?

Anyone done any races and stayed at BC/YC? Any tips?

Thanks!

Will you add me to the Be Our Guest list for October? We arrive on 10/27 and check out on November 3rd. We're celebrating my DH's 50th birthday. We're going to the Halloween party ON Halloween. So excited!

Hi! We're staying at BCV for the first time in October. I've seen pps mention the view that they booked so I looked up our reservation to see what view we booked and it doesn't say. It just says we have a deluxe studio. How do I know what type of view we'll be getting? TIA

ok hopefully i’m done rearranging now lol.

i changed my split stay to yacht / beach. how long is the walk between the two lobby’s? is there bell service assistance or a luggage cart to push between the two? this is much easier than switching from another resort. i hope :)

Hi! We're staying at BCV for the first time in October. I've seen pps mention the view that they booked so I looked up our reservation to see what view we booked and it doesn't say. It just says we have a deluxe studio. How do I know what type of view we'll be getting? TIA

BCV studios do not have view categories which can be booked. You book a studio; that's it.

After you make a reservation, you can make a room request, just like you would for a regular hotel room. If you booked the room through Disney, you can call 407-W-DISNEY to make your room request. If you are a DVC member and you booked the room using your points, you can call DVC Member Services to make your room request. If you rented points from a DVC member, the member can call DVC Member Services to make the room request for you; non-members cannot call DVC Member Services.

ok hopefully i’m done rearranging now lol.

i changed my split stay to yacht / beach. how long is the walk between the two lobby’s? is there bell service assistance or a luggage cart to push between the two? this is much easier than switching from another resort. i hope :)

It is a 5 minute walk, lobby to lobby, at a moderate pace (I timed it). Here is the info I have on Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Information

Are the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club connected?

No. Yes. Kind of...

There is a corridor that will take you from the BC lobby to the YC lobby. Some of it is inside, some of it is open to the outside, but the entire route is covered.

From the Yacht Club lobby, you walk inside until you reach Yachtsman's Steakhouse, then you have to exit. You walk outside on a covered walkway, past the hair salon, exercise room & Beaches & Cream. Then you go back inside into the Beach Club, on the far side of Cape May, around the hallway & into the BC lobby. You will be protected from rain, unless there is a real downpour with lots of wind.

In September 2014, Wood Nymph timed the walk from the YC lobby to the BC Marketplace: 5 minutes ETA: natebenma got the same results, 5 minutes, in August 2015.

Walk from Beach Club lobby to Yacht Club lobby

I assume that you could have bell services assist you, or perhaps they would let you use one of their luggage carts, but I don't know for sure.

:thumbsup2

Page 1320

They clearly must like you better than me! We have not gotten one phone call, letter, offer to assist etc. from club level. No acknowledgment that we are even staying in club level. We have stayed club level before and this is the first time we have heard absolutely nothing from them--- and we are paying more than we have ever paid in the past. :laughing:

:welcome: back!

Are you staying at the Yacht or Beach Club for your upcoming trip? When is it?

:woohoo:

We just booked our bounce back. We couldn't get beach club again. They only had yacht club garden view. She advised us that we should contact our travel agent later to see if we can get a beach club villa studio. So reservation is placed for now.

Nice!

The Yacht Club garden view rooms are lovely, if you end up keeping your reservation at the resort. When is the trip scheduled for?

:cool1:

Hi everyone! I first want to thank everyone for taking the time and adding your experiences to the forum. I haven't been to Disney World since my youngest was 4. She is now almost 14 and my oldest is 17. We will hopefully be traveling to Disney the week after Thanksgiving, 2019. Would you say BC is one of the better resorts for teens? I like how the rooms have 2 beds and a pull out since my kids don't like each other enough to share a bed. HA!

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

I may be a bit biased :rotfl2:but I think the Beach Club is an excellent resort for teens. The feature pool, Stormalong Bay is fantastic. The proximity of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios is my favorite thing about the resort, since you can walk to both parks.

Please let us know if you book a stay here.

:cool2:

Yes , please do report back :yay: we are going at the end of October on honeymoon for 3 weeks :love2::love: but the only Thursday we can do is the 8th of Nov if it's still going then, as we have made plans on our other Thursday mornings. We are coming from the UK, so any kind of activity in temps above about 15 degrees is warm for us! We have chosen this time of year to hopefully have nice warm weather in the mid-20's but without the humidity of summer. Whatever happens with the weather though we will just be happy to be back at Disney:cloud9:

:welcome: back!

Congratulations!

Are you staying at the Yacht or Beach Club for some or all of your upcoming trip?

:goodvibes

Hello!
I have a two-bedroom club level booked and was wondering if there is any info as how far from the lounge are the two- bedrooms? Is there a good location to request to be closer to lounge?
Thanks again!

When is your trip?

::yes::

I was able to grab a discounted room at the YC for the first two nights of our vacation. After, we move to BWI. Very excited about our Crescent Lake split.:flower:

Awesome!

When is your vacation?

:beach:

Page 1321

Just got back on Sunday from our first stay at Beach Club.

Thank you so much for the detailed description of your room and the very helpful pictures. I have never seen that "view" before!

:thumbsup2

Got back on Sunday from a fantastic trip to the BC! We were in room 4540, which was far far from the lobby, but right by the stairs to the path by Epcot, which considering we were there for Food and Wine, worked out well for us!

Thanks for the pictures and room description. We really appreciate it!

:goodvibes

Does anyone know if all king bed rooms at YC have a shower only?

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip to the YC booked?

It is my understanding that most, if not all, of the king bed rooms have the shower only. But I am not positive about this.

If a king bed is your most important priority, then this should probably be your sole room request. If you need a tub for your stay, then it is probably best to skip requesting a king bed room.

::yes::

I hadn’t thought of just keeping our bag in a locker at Epcot. Thanks!

Just be forewarned about that. When you leave to go to the BC, you will leave out of the International Gateway, next to England. It is a long way from the front of the park. So if you are in a World Showcase & ready to head to the hotel, you probably won’t want to trek all the way back to the front, past Spaceship Earth to retrieve your bag. I wouldn’t anyway. Now if you are ending at SE anyway, not a big deal to get the bag. There are lockers outside the IG too. You may want one of the adults to head there & store the backpack there in the morning, instead of storing it at the front of the park. Again, a lot of walking, but probably better than backtracking later when you are tired from touring all day. Just something to think about.

Go away for a little bit and boy do things CHANGE!!! Just heard about the new resort parking fees - that will take care of us not renting a car. We would normally go to "Goodings"? to buy stuff for the room but also heard that either closed or are closing. Anyone know which store would now be the closest to make a pit stop? Thinking we would probably Uber over either that or use Garden Grocer but I'm the type that likes to see what I'm actually purchasing.

Go away for a little bit and boy do things CHANGE!!! Just heard about the new resort parking fees - that will take care of us not renting a car. We would normally go to "Goodings"? to buy stuff for the room but also heard that either closed or are closing. Anyone know which store would now be the closest to make a pit stop? Thinking we would probably Uber over either that or use Garden Grocer but I'm the type that likes to see what I'm actually purchasing.
This Walmart is about six miles from the BC.

https://www.walmart.com/store/5420/kissimmee-fl/details

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter