Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

For the movie location on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, it looks like it says "Seaside Retreat"
or "Seaside Rental"?

Where is that???

:confused3

*looks at blueprints for secret closetroom to see if I missed something*

ETA- I do see they have a description at the top of the calendar, but still unclear where it is. Thanks, @gillep for offering to check that out!

I asked the BCV concierge and he said it is the old Sandcastle club. He is hopeful that they will eventually update the map but as of now it is not marked on the current map.

I asked the BCV concierge and he said it is the old Sandcastle club. He is hopeful that they will eventually update the map but as of now it is not marked on the current map.

That makes sense!

Thank you so much for clearing that up!

:beach:

CURRENT MENU AT CREW'S CUP LOUNGE

The menu was changed around May 2018, and it added back the popular burger. To those not familiar with Crew's Cup Lounge, no reservations are accepted. It is located directly next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Appetizers (served 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.)

Pancetta Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
$8.00

Crisp Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing, and Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken 6.00 or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp 8.00
$9.00

Charcuterie and Cheese Board
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
$19.00

Oysters Rockefeller
Cottage Bacon and Creamed Spinach
$19.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay-poached and House-made Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Baked Cheese Dip
Manchego and Gouda, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
$13.00

Yachtsman Signature Bread
Sourdough, Pull-apart Onion Rolls, Roasted Garlic, and Butter
$7.00

Yachtsman Soup of the Day
$9.00

Entrées

10-oz Roasted Prime Rib
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$36.00

Beef Tenderloin Tips
Sautéed with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms in a Red-Wine Peppercorn Sauce over Mashed Potatoes
$24.00

The Crew Burger
Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Regatta Sauce, and Shoestring Onions on House-made Toasted Bun served with French Fries
$18.00

Appetizers, Only (available 10:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.)

Yachtsman Soup of the Day
$9.00

Crisp Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing, and Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken 6.00 or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp 8.00
$9.00

Pancetta Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
$8.00

Charcuterie and Cheese Board
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
$19.00

Baked Cheese Dip
Manchego and Gouda, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
$13.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay-poached and House-made Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Need some help with accessible rooms (with a roll-in shower) at the YC/BC if anyone can help I’d appreciate it!

So I was looking on the Disney website and couldn’t find any rooms at either the YC or BC that had 2 queen beds and a day bed as an option so I did a live chat to see if they could help and I was told there are no room with a roll-in shower that include 2 queen beds and a day bed at either of these resorts. Has anyone stayed in a room at either of these resorts after the most recent renovation and had a room with 2 beds and a roll in shower, if so do you have any pictures of the room setup?

I use a wheelchair and my mom uses a scooter and rollator and she really wants a place to sit in the room durning the day (she has a hard time getting on and off the beds), so we really want a couch/day bed in the room to give her a space to sit and relax on since she will spend a decent amount of time in the room when she tires of the parks. We’ve had the setup of 2 queen beds + day bed (with roll-in shower) in other hotels on property (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Boardwalk Inn) but haven’t stayed at the YC before and last time we stayed at the BC was many years ago when we didn’t need the accessible room.

So I’m just trying to figure out if there are any rooms at the YC/BC that could possibly work for us (in the chat she told me the only way to get a daybed in a room with a roll-in shower was to give up the 2 beds which we don’t want to do), so if anyone has any pictures or can just tell me about the accessible rooms I’d appreciate it!

Lao a follow-up question, I was also told that the accessible roll-in shower rooms do not have a desk either just the two beds and a small table with two chairs like a moderate would have, is that accurate? If so any photos of that setup?

Thanks everyone!

We were able to book our Magical trip this morning with our TA, well most of it anyways. We couldn’t get the last two nights as of right now but we are going to figure something out!! So we will be there July 18th -30th Beach Club Standard View.

I also saw that Southwest will be releasing their flights through August 5th on Nov.15!

I also have to share this picture( it’s BC related because there are pics of us at the BC hanging up :rolleyes1) Our daughter painted/created this picture and I just had to hang it up! We decided to put pics of all our adventures around it. We can’t wait to add more!!

Attachments

• D617BEAB-FD27-488B-A41D-12C177C604B0.jpeg
    D617BEAB-FD27-488B-A41D-12C177C604B0.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 33

1D0F85A4-69E3-4D57-9D85-190B1810637F.jpeg
Do they still have paint work being done on the outside of Beach Club?
I’m at Yacht Club, I haven’t seen work anywhere except Yacht Club roof, with scaffolds, which is visible from the top three floors of Beach Club.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Need some help with accessible rooms (with a roll-in shower) at the YC/BC if anyone can help I’d appreciate it!

So I was looking on the Disney website and couldn’t find any rooms at either the YC or BC that had 2 queen beds and a day bed as an option so I did a live chat to see if they could help and I was told there are no room with a roll-in shower that include 2 queen beds and a day bed at either of these resorts. Has anyone stayed in a room at either of these resorts after the most recent renovation and had a room with 2 beds and a roll in shower, if so do you have any pictures of the room setup?

I use a wheelchair and my mom uses a scooter and rollator and she really wants a place to sit in the room durning the day (she has a hard time getting on and off the beds), so we really want a couch/day bed in the room to give her a space to sit and relax on since she will spend a decent amount of time in the room when she tires of the parks. We’ve had the setup of 2 queen beds + day bed (with roll-in shower) in other hotels on property (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Boardwalk Inn) but haven’t stayed at the YC before and last time we stayed at the BC was many years ago when we didn’t need the accessible room.

So I’m just trying to figure out if there are any rooms at the YC/BC that could possibly work for us (in the chat she told me the only way to get a daybed in a room with a roll-in shower was to give up the 2 beds which we don’t want to do), so if anyone has any pictures or can just tell me about the accessible rooms I’d appreciate it!

Lao a follow-up question, I was also told that the accessible roll-in shower rooms do not have a desk either just the two beds and a small table with two chairs like a moderate would have, is that accurate? If so any photos of that setup?

Thanks everyone!
We.stayed in an accessible room at the BC that had two queens, a daybed and a roll in shower. It was on the first floor near the Marketplace. I posted pictures of it in the room view thread. :)

By the way, I loved that shower. :)

Last edited:
We

stayed in an accessible room at the BC that had two queens, a daybed and a roll in shower. It was on the first floor near the Marketplace. I posted pictures of it in the room view thread. :)

By the way, I loved that shower. :)

Thanks I will look for your pictures in the room view thread!

i dont know how its here, but its here! tomorrow night my first stay at yacht club, and then on thursday i move to my first stay at beach club!! very excited! the only other deluxe ive stayed at was boardwalk which i didnt love, and ive always wanted to stay at YC/BC. 9 months seemed so far away and now its suddenly here!!!!

Joining along with this thread to get ready for our marathon weekend trip in January! BC is the last deluxe to check off my list, and can’t wait to experience it since I love the Epcot resort area!

I just saw a Swan/Dolphin post that the FriendShip boats will not be running 11/28/18-12/25/2018, due to gondola construction. Instead, bus transportation will be available.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-373#post-59804840

Oh brother. I was at the Boardwalk in May and the boats weren't running to the Studios then either. Now a stay at BCV and the boats not running again. We had to take a bus because my niece had hurt her foot, and it did the entire Epcot Resort loop and took forever. I considered the boats for this trip due to the walking path change at the Studios.

Last edited:
Oh brother. I was at the Boardwalk in May and the boats weren't running to the Studios then either. Now a stay at BCV and the boats not running again. We had to take a bus because my niece had hurt her foot, and it did the entire Epcot Resort loop and took forever. I condidered the boats for this trip due to the walking path change at the Studios.

If I'm on a bus that goes to more than one resort, I will use the stop at a neighboring resort if it cuts down on time that I am riding on the bus. (I get motion sick easily.) So if I am heading to the BoardWalk but the bus stops at the Swan first, I get off at the Swan. If I am heading toward the Beach Club but the bus stops at the Yacht Club first, I get off at the Yacht Club.

Same thing with the boats, when they are running. If I want to take the boat from BoardWalk to DHS, I get on at the Swan because that is the last stop before DHS. If I get on at the BoardWalk, the boat makes more stops before getting to DHS.

I realize this won't help if you are with someone like OP's niece with a bad foot.

We stayed at the BC in June when the boats were not running and the bus to and from DHS only shared with YC.

I just saw a Swan/Dolphin post that the FriendShip boats will not be running 11/28/18-12/25/2018, due to gondola construction. Instead, bus transportation will be available.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-373#post-59804840

That’s not great at such a busy time. We were hoping to use the boat on Christmas Day. We don’t check in to BC till the 29th dec and the boats are a big appeal to avoid the traffic and the extra walk with the diversion to Hollywood Studios entrance.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t overrun as I assume the resorts will be full over Christmas and new year affecting a lot of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter