Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

CURRENT MENU AT CREW'S CUP LOUNGE

The menu was changed around May 2018, and it added back the popular burger. To those not familiar with Crew's Cup Lounge, no reservations are accepted. It is located directly next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Appetizers (served 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.)

Pancetta Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
$8.00

Crisp Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing, and Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken 6.00 or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp 8.00
$9.00

Charcuterie and Cheese Board
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
$19.00

Oysters Rockefeller
Cottage Bacon and Creamed Spinach
$19.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay-poached and House-made Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Baked Cheese Dip
Manchego and Gouda, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
$13.00

Yachtsman Signature Bread
Sourdough, Pull-apart Onion Rolls, Roasted Garlic, and Butter
$7.00

Yachtsman Soup of the Day
$9.00

Entrées

10-oz Roasted Prime Rib
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$36.00

Beef Tenderloin Tips
Sautéed with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms in a Red-Wine Peppercorn Sauce over Mashed Potatoes
$24.00

The Crew Burger
Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Regatta Sauce, and Shoestring Onions on House-made Toasted Bun served with French Fries
$18.00

Appetizers, Only (available 10:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.)

Yachtsman Soup of the Day
$9.00

Crisp Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing, and Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken 6.00 or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp 8.00
$9.00

Pancetta Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
$8.00

Charcuterie and Cheese Board
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
$19.00

Baked Cheese Dip
Manchego and Gouda, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
$13.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay-poached and House-made Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Thanks for this. We really enjoy the Crew's Cup Lounge....great little place to relax and have lunch :)

Will the boats be running on Nov 1? I assume they are running now
I’d like to know this too. We check in 11/14. We are usually monorail resort ppl but booked later than usual so it was booked. The whole reason we chose YC was b/c it was another way to avoid having to use buses all the time.

Thanks for this. We really enjoy the Crew's Cup Lounge....great little place to relax and have lunch :)
Though the Crew's Cup Lounge served lunch for awhile, when the Captain's Grille was shut down and before the Ale & Compass Restaurant opened; it no longer serves lunch, unfortunately. The Crew's Cup Lounge opens at 4:30 and starts serving food at 5:00 PM.

I’d like to know this too. We check in 11/14. We are usually monorail resort ppl but booked later than usual so it was booked. The whole reason we chose YC was b/c it was another way to avoid having to use buses all the time.
According to posted info, the boats will run through 11/27/18, before stopping service for about one month.

Traveling to EP on a bus means that entry will be at the main entrance, instead of at the IG.

If traveling from DHS to EP, it almost makes sense to take a bus to the BC, and then walk to EP from the BC. The IG will be even less crowded, than usual, with no boats running, so the short walk from the BC would be well worth it.

Though the Crew's Cup Lounge served lunch for awhile, when the Captain's Grille was shut down and before the Ale & Compass Restaurant opened; it no longer serves lunch, unfortunately. The Crew's Cup Lounge opens at 4:30 and starts serving food at 5:00 PM.

That's too bad...we always enjoyed how quiet it was during lunch.

is the entire 5th floor at yacht club level or just some of it? i’m at the airport. still eight hours away and they just sent my room number on the fifth floor. ... don’t wanna get my hopes up.

page 1323-1324

Dee posted this back in 2012, so the prices may now be different. There is usually a list attached to the plastic laundry bag hanging in the guest room closet

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...d-november-2012.2970473/page-10#post-45753745

Here is pricing from OKW in 2016, which may be more accurate for today's costs:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/valet-laundry-service-prices.3573948/#post-57027516

Thanks for posting these links.

Could someone who is currently at the resort, or who is going soon, take some pictures of the current prices for the laundry service and either post here or send to my email beachclubdee at yahoo.

:laundy:

Has anyone heard anything about the lack of availability at the Yacht Club during the period from January 18-21, 2019? As it stands right now, there is essentially no availability for anything other than perhaps a pool view, club level room. This seems very odd given that the early 2019 discounts were just released yesterday (and there was no availability at that time either). Granted, I know it's a holiday weekend and also coincides with the beginning of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, but still...

Any information is appreciated. I'm hoping that they just have a bunch of rooms blocked off for conventions/weddings and those will eventually be released and open up some availability.

Thanks for the great advice...not sure why I didn't try that earlier. We were booked at AKL from January 16 - 18 and then I was looking for Yacht Club from January 18 - 21. By breaking it down, it was clear that the night that was causing the problem was Friday, January 18. I was able to book Yacht Club for the discount for 2 nights (Jan 19-21) and I'll just extend our AKL reservation to cover the 18th until something opens up at Yacht Club. Either way, it'll be a great stay and saves me quite a nice chunk of change.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

If I am reading the above correctly, you will be at AKL from 1/16 to 1/19 and then YC from 1/19 to 1/21.

:cool1:

Just booked BC water view for January 2019!:banana:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

I'm so excited! We have a trip from Oct 24-29 planned for the Epcot AP after hours event, TSL EMM, MNSSHP, and F&W. Obviously with those plans the epcot area would be ideal, but there wasn't anything available at all for the past month or two (we planned late). I booked AKL with a great AP rate, but that's just not nearly as convenient for our Epcot and DHS heavy trip. Today I happened to look, and a BCV studio showed available! I called Citi Concierge to book it for me and they were even able to apply the Holiday Room Offer, which saved a little money (I wasn't seeing that as an option). It's more overall, but worth it to walk to those parks and be able to pop in and out or Epcot and DHS! Plus it will now be easy to hit Epcot 4 times for my Cutting Board :D.

So now I realize, I know nothing about the villas, just the hotel. I understand the differences in the rooms themselves, but I need some advice on views/requests. What would be a good request for a view from a studio villa? We won't be in the room as much this trip, so it isn't super important, but I would still like to avoid a road or parking lot, dumpster, etc and possibly find out if there is any hidden gem view to request and hope for? Thoughts, opinions, advice appreciated!

Just happy to be in the Epcot resort area!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I don't really know much about the villas so I will leave it to the other experts. From what I understand, your best bet may be to ask for the location that you want rather than specify a view, but in any event, since the villas are always fully booked, there is not a lot of flexibility in room assignments since you will be limited to whatever is turning over when you are checking in.

Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't updated the dining post with this info, but I will do so if the change becomes permanent.

::yes::

Good morning! Is anywhere there now who may have caught a glimpse of the October Activities Calendar?

Am I correct in assuming you have a trip booked for October. Which resort?

:cool2:

Am I correct in assuming you have a trip booked for October. Which resort?

:cool2:[/QUOTE]

Yes! First visit to Yacht Club from October 19-23 before heading to Wilderness Lodge for a few days.

I think I remember the Crews Cup serving food earlier in the day before the Captain’s Grille was closed. Is that not correct?

I just booked BC for March 12-14th through Expedia! When I told my 8 year old daughter, she started jumping up and down with excitement! We are just going to do a day at Epcot and then (hopefully) spend at day at the pool.

My questions - the Expedia booking was for a room with 2 Queens or a King, but we are family of four. Do I have to worry about us being stuck with a king? Also I am really hoping for a room with a daybed since two of us sleep MUCH better when we have our own space. If we don't get a daybed, is there a rollaway we can request?

I just booked BC for March 12-14th through Expedia! When I told my 8 year old daughter, she started jumping up and down with excitement! We are just going to do a day at Epcot and then (hopefully) spend at day at the pool.

My questions - the Expedia booking was for a room with 2 Queens or a King, but we are family of four. Do I have to worry about us being stuck with a king? Also I am really hoping for a room with a daybed since two of us sleep MUCH better when we have our own space. If we don't get a daybed, is there a rollaway we can request?
I don’t think they’ll put you in a king room with 4 people.

yay i’m here and i most certainly was upgraded to concierge which was a really lovely surprise. not only concierge, but a king bed too. all of the things i wanted most but didn’t ask for.

a little bit of a bummer so far. magical express staff seemed bothered by me. the driver was friendly as i was the last stop and only person left on the bus.

when i arrived to check in the kid said - you look like you don’t need help with your bags and ran off. when i checked in he had trouble finding my concierge paperwork and i can see he grabbed someone else’s because he crossed out their last name and wrote in mine and the map inside is not my room number. he directed me to the elevator and sent me on my way.

it’s probably because it was midnight but it felt like the whole thing was lacking any service at all. i’m very appreciative of rh upgrade. i am the very very last room down the hall. in fact i didn’t even see it was here it’s like tucked behind a little wall. the room had been left open for me too. not sure i’d thats standard. either way just a little disappointing.

the room itself is beautiful. i love the decor and the deep blue of the drapes and the clever designs. the products in the bathroom are TØP notch and i’ve been enjoying them! i was able to pad around the lounge and find a banana and some water which will get me through til morning. the only real room bummer is no side tables with outlets. i can’t plug in my phone so i can reach it in bed, and with no clock i do need it. i also have a sleep machine and that’s proving tricky as well with no side table. but the bed is so big and comfy!!!! :). oh and a note saying work on the watermain at 11am

so. still thrilled for the upgrade. just slightly let down i haven’t received the famous service iv come to expect.

can’t wait to see it in the light of day tomorrow!

yay i’m here and i most certainly was upgraded to concierge which was a really lovely surprise. not only concierge, but a king bed too. all of the things i wanted most but didn’t ask for.

a little bit of a bummer so far. magical express staff seemed bothered by me. the driver was friendly as i was the last stop and only person left on the bus.

when i arrived to check in the kid said - you look like you don’t need help with your bags and ran off. when i checked in he had trouble finding my concierge paperwork and i can see he grabbed someone else’s because he crossed out their last name and wrote in mine and the map inside is not my room number. he directed me to the elevator and sent me on my way.

it’s probably because it was midnight but it felt like the whole thing was lacking any service at all. i’m very appreciative of rh upgrade. i am the very very last room down the hall. in fact i didn’t even see it was here it’s like tucked behind a little wall. the room had been left open for me too. not sure i’d thats standard. either way just a little disappointing.

the room itself is beautiful. i love the decor and the deep blue of the drapes and the clever designs. the products in the bathroom are TØP notch and i’ve been enjoying them! i was able to pad around the lounge and find a banana and some water which will get me through til morning. the only real room bummer is no side tables with outlets. i can’t plug in my phone so i can reach it in bed, and with no clock i do need it. i also have a sleep machine and that’s proving tricky as well with no side table. but the bed is so big and comfy!!!! :). oh and a note saying work on the watermain at 11am

so. still thrilled for the upgrade. just slightly let down i haven’t received the famous service iv come to expect.

can’t wait to see it in the light of day tomorrow!

Congrats on the upgrade! I wouldn’t worry too much about the service. I assume you are talking about the check in CM, not the Magic Experess person. I’m sure after midnight they know most people are tired from traveling & just want to get the process done & get to their room. I was just there 3 weeks ago, the CMs were all friendly & helpful. Also, if you didn’t notice yet, there is a small corner shelf next to the bed that has USB ports. Also on the steamer trunk that has the phone on it which is also next to the beds, there are charging ports in there too. I plug my phone in & charge it there every night. Have a great trip!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

With a family of four, particularly if everyone is over the age of 3, you will receive a room with 2 Queen beds- you must be given a room with sleeping surfaces for everyone. Some rooms have daybeds, so you should make this your priority room request. "Room with daybed, please". Unless things have changed recently, there are rollaway cots you can request when you arrive. At one time, they were provided free of charge, but that may have changed.

Does anyone have recent experience requesting a cot?

Reviews that I have read indicate that the cots are surprisingly comfortable.

:goodvibes

when i arrived to check in the kid said - you look like you don’t need help with your bags and ran off.

That's interesting because someone posted in another thread about how disappointed they were in another resort (Port Orleans Riverside, I think) because the people who are supposed to help with your bags were much less helpful than the people at the Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter