Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That's interesting because someone posted in another thread about how disappointed they were in another resort (Port Orleans Riverside, I think) because the people who are supposed to help with your bags were much less helpful than the people at the Beach Club.
I've learned to politely say, "I need help with my bags, please." It would be so nice if they always asked, but sometimes they don't.

Does anyone know if Kingdom Strollers will deliver a rented crib and stroller to the desk at Beach Club Villas, or just the main Beach Club front desk?
Villas weren't an option when entering hotel name, so I had to type in myself...
I am just curious how this works with this company in particular.
Thanks!

Does anyone know if Kingdom Strollers will deliver a rented crib and stroller to the desk at Beach Club Villas, or just the main Beach Club front desk?
Villas weren't an option when entering hotel name, so I had to type in myself...
I am just curious how this works with this company in particular.
Thanks!
I don't believe there is any storage area for those items at the villas.

I called yesterday to ask a few questions about my trip next year before booking in the next few weeks and was talked into booking. So my trip is booked YAY!!! Sept 8th thru the 13, YC CL. So, far just me going, probably breaking up with my bf, so didn't want to add him and go thru that mess. Can always add someone else later.:love::love::love::love:

Curious question...How is the parking at the beach club and yacht club? Is it pretty easy to find parking? For people who drive during their trips, Do you drive to Magic Kingdom?

Sitting in the BC lobby now waiting for ME, very sad.

We had a great trip, the only negative of the entire trip has been the heat, otherwise, it has been a perfect stay. We have had extremely low crowds since we have been here, probably the lowest we have experienced in a few years. We have come this same time two years in a row now but I think we will go back to late October/November next year, it is just too hot, I would rather more moderate crowds I think and cooler weather.

The BC and BCV have been great, everything appears to be clean and in good condition and all of the CMs have been extremely friendly.

We had BCV room 414. I was concerned at first because this room is directly across from the villas laundry room and just off the elevators, I personally don't like rooms near elevators as I usually find them very loud, we however had no issues with this room during our stay, maybe twice we heard excited little kids outside but it was rare and over quickly. Loved our view, feel free to use the picture below if needed.

BCV view.jpg

We hit every park except for AK and did the Halloween Party, CA Grill brunch, Jellyrolls, Abracadabar, and The Frozen Dessert party. We spent a lot of time at F&W and SAB. Never did I find SAB to be even remotely crowded this whole trip, it was fantastic.

Regarding the construction outside the BC. They had been painting outside the BC near the tidal pool since we arrived, but yesterday one of the doors opened up and today they had taken down all of the window and door coverings on the remaining part, and it appeared to my untrained eye that they were disassembling the scaffolding. not sure if they have other areas to paint but it looked like they were finished with this area and just cleaning up.

We walked to and from DHS once and the new route does add a few minutes but it wasn't terrible for us and I still prefer it over the boat.

Probably won't be back until the next F&W as we have an AKL stay and a WL/Poly split stay coming up but we will miss the Y&BC and will certainly visit.

yay i’m here and i most certainly was upgraded to concierge which was a really lovely surprise. not only concierge, but a king bed too. all of the things i wanted most but didn’t ask for.

a little bit of a bummer so far. magical express staff seemed bothered by me. the driver was friendly as i was the last stop and only person left on the bus.

when i arrived to check in the kid said - you look like you don’t need help with your bags and ran off. when i checked in he had trouble finding my concierge paperwork and i can see he grabbed someone else’s because he crossed out their last name and wrote in mine and the map inside is not my room number. he directed me to the elevator and sent me on my way.

it’s probably because it was midnight but it felt like the whole thing was lacking any service at all. i’m very appreciative of rh upgrade. i am the very very last room down the hall. in fact i didn’t even see it was here it’s like tucked behind a little wall. the room had been left open for me too. not sure i’d thats standard. either way just a little disappointing.

the room itself is beautiful. i love the decor and the deep blue of the drapes and the clever designs. the products in the bathroom are TØP notch and i’ve been enjoying them! i was able to pad around the lounge and find a banana and some water which will get me through til morning. the only real room bummer is no side tables with outlets. i can’t plug in my phone so i can reach it in bed, and with no clock i do need it. i also have a sleep machine and that’s proving tricky as well with no side table. but the bed is so big and comfy!!!! :). oh and a note saying work on the watermain at 11am

so. still thrilled for the upgrade. just slightly let down i haven’t received the famous service iv come to expect.

can’t wait to see it in the light of day tomorrow!
I’m so sorry to hear about the disappointing issues you’ve experienced. We have loads of outlets for charging in our room and surprised to hear yours is lacking. As for check in, our room wasn’t ready when we arrived and just went to our room when it was ready. Didn’t really miss the concierge experience, but someone should have helped with your bags, that’s a bummer.

Curious question...How is the parking at the beach club and yacht club? Is it pretty easy to find parking? For people who drive during their trips, Do you drive to Magic Kingdom?

We just got back on Sunday from YC and we drove. Never had a problem finding parking. There’s a lot right over the bridge that leads to the front of to hotel. You may get one of the spots furthest away from the entrance, but at least for us it wasn’t too bad. We also drove to MK rather than take the bus. We do that mainly to avoid an unknown wait at night leaving the park. The bus is definitely quicker, but the TTC can move more guests through at once than the buses can.

We just got back on Sunday from YC and we drove. Never had a problem finding parking. There’s a lot right over the bridge that leads to the front of to hotel. You may get one of the spots furthest away from the entrance, but at least for us it wasn’t too bad. We also drove to MK rather than take the bus. We do that mainly to avoid an unknown wait at night leaving the park. The bus is definitely quicker, but the TTC can move more guests through at once than the buses can.
Good to know, that was one of my worries about Yacht Club.

Did you find the walk to Hollywood studios long? Or did you drive or boat there?

Good to know, that was one of my worries about Yacht Club.

Did you find the walk to Hollywood studios long? Or did you drive or boat there?

Normally I quite like the walk to HS. Currently the walk is longer than it normally is. The skyliner construction has resulted in all kinds of detours and rerouted paths that are constantly changing as construction shifts. If the weather is anything like it was last week (90+ every day) I’d recommend taking the boat to HS.

Normally I quite like the walk to HS. Currently the walk is longer than it normally is. The skyliner construction has resulted in all kinds of detours and rerouted paths that are constantly changing as construction shifts. If the weather is anything like it was last week (90+ every day) I’d recommend taking the boat to HS.
awesome! Thanks for your tips!

i think the lack of outlets in the room
is the location. i’m in a corner - it’s nice because i have the balcony window and then i have another set of windows along another wall so there are lots and lots of windows. i have a feeling that’s what makes up for the somewhat awkward layout :). today has been lovely though!

Congrats on the upgrade! I wouldn’t worry too much about the service. I assume you are talking about the check in CM, not the Magic Experess person. I’m sure after midnight they know most people are tired from traveling & just want to get the process done & get to their room. I was just there 3 weeks ago, the CMs were all friendly & helpful. Also, if you didn’t notice yet, there is a small corner shelf next to the bed that has USB ports. Also on the steamer trunk that has the phone on it which is also next to the beds, there are charging ports in there too. I plug my phone in & charge it there every night. Have a great trip!
no steamer trunk or shelves here!

I have not had problems finding parking at the Yacht Club during trips in January and August. For Magic Kingdom, that is the one park for which I always use the bus. I have had better luck with the bus as opposed to the TTC.

Could you take some photos of your room, please. I have a trip in Nov and have wondered about that room as a request using touring plans. Is there any view from your balcony, or just rooftop?

Glad to hear you are enjoying your pixie dust!

We weren't really around for the evening appetizers but I did get some pretty good pictures of the dessert offerings. They are below.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures!!!

May I use them for this thread if I need them?

Two questions- what is that orange drink in the dispenser? Are the small cartons of ice cream still offered in the lounge refrigerators?

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes

I use Disney transportation (or Uber for resort-resort trips), so I will rely on others to help you with the parking situation at Beach & Yacht Club. As you probably know, Disney buses will bring you to the MK gates, but if you drive to the park, you will be parking at the TTC and need to take the ferry or monorail to the gates. I have never had a long wait for a bus TO the MK, but sometimes the bus back to the resort can have a long wait. More often than not, my family returns to the Beach Club from MK via the monorail so that we can spend some time/walk through EPCOT. It is not a quicker way back and involves a lot more walking, but we love the monorail and EPCOT so we enjoy this return route.

::yes::

Hi all. We'll be taking our second family trip to Disney this coming April, 2019. First time staying at Beach Club. I booked a standard room, standard view, but our travel agent was able to upgrade us to Deluxe Room for 83$ less. I'm very excited, but not exactly sure what the difference is in rooms. Any insight? It's not club level.
There are 5 of us going. me, husband, 2 kids (8 and 6) and my mom.

Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Here is the information I have on the 6 Deluxe rooms at the Beach Club. You can read more about these rooms in the threads linked below:

Detailed balcony information on Deluxe Concierge Rooms from guests who have stayed there and reported back:

There are six deluxe Concierge rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

Here are a couple of threads about Deluxe Rooms:

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

Deluxe room thread

*****************************************************************************************

Does anyone know how the Deluxe room bookings are working these days?

Are some still club level, can you request (and pay) for club level when booking these rooms, or have they been removed from the club level inventory entirely?

:thanks:

Page 1325

i think the lack of outlets in the room
is the location. i’m in a corner - it’s nice because i have the balcony window and then i have another set of windows along another wall so there are lots and lots of windows. i have a feeling that’s what makes up for the somewhat awkward layout :). today has been lovely though!

Could you take some photos of your room, please. I have a trip in Nov and have wondered about that room as a request using touring plans. Is there any view from your balcony, or just rooftop?

Glad to hear you are enjoying your pixie dust!

I second the request for pictures!!!

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter