Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there a website that is BC-specific (or BC/YC-specific) with current information, recreational activities, etc. in one place? When we stayed at POFQ, there was a great website specific to that resort and I'm just wondering if there's a similar one for this resort? Thanks!
The port Orleans ones are the only ones I know about

Last edited:
Is there a website that is BC-specific (or BC/YC-specific) with current information, recreational activities, etc. in one place? When we stayed at POFQ, there was a great website specific to that resort and I'm just wondering if there's a similar one for this resort? Thanks!

Have you looked at the first page of this thread? Dee works really hard at keeping the first few posts of this thread updated with real time information. She posts the current recreation guide at the beginning of every month. The first post has links to take you right to what you are looking for. Recreation is post 4, BTW. I can’t imagine any other website that would be any better than this thread.

Thank you! This is so helpful. We have one booked for our stay in August. We have two young kids so being near the sand pool seals the deal on us keeping this reservation!
Is the pricing information for the cabanas posted somewhere? And how do you reserve a cabana?

Is the pricing information for the cabanas posted somewhere? And how do you reserve a cabana?
You have to call the special services number. The rate is seasonal and then you pay for either a half day (10-2 or 3-7) or a full day (10-7). You pay in full at time of booking, but can cancel/modify up to 24 hours in advance. I believe the cost for our full day summer rental was $318 after tax. Somewhere in the ballpark. It is posted on this thread somewhere. I believe it was $199 for a half day and $299 for a full day (plus tax).

You have to call the special services number. The rate is seasonal and then you pay for either a half day (10-2 or 3-7) or a full day (10-7). You pay in full at time of booking, but can cancel/modify up to 24 hours in advance. I believe the cost for our full day summer rental was $318 after tax. Somewhere in the ballpark. It is posted on this thread somewhere. I believe it was $199 for a half day and $299 for a full day (plus tax).
Cool, thanks!

What's a character apple?
I wondered that same thing the first time I read that, haha! I assumed it was an autocorrect. But then I thought about it, and it's probably the whole apples covered in caramel and then chocolate and then decorated to resemble Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc... At least that's what I'm going with until the OP answers! However, I didn't answer her (I'm assuming her based on username :upsidedow) because I wasn't completely sure. I think the answer is no, they don't sell them anywhere at the YC or BC, but I'm not completely sure since I have never looked specifically for them :-).

I wondered that same thing the first time I read that, haha! I assumed it was an autocorrect. But then I thought about it, and it's probably the whole apples covered in caramel and then chocolate and then decorated to resemble Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc... At least that's what I'm going with until the OP answers! However, I didn't answer her (I'm assuming her based on username :upsidedow) because I wasn't completely sure. I think the answer is no, they don't sell them anywhere at the YC or BC, but I'm not completely sure since I have never looked specifically for them :-).
If it's the apple you describe then I agree that I don't recall seeing those at any of the resort shops, but like you haven't specifically looked for them.

Hi All! My husband and I will be staying at the Beach Club from May 22nd - May 26th. Can someone please tell me if the Marketplace sells 6 packs of beer? I did see pictures of what they sell, but it looked like only single bottles to me. Please forgive me if if this question has already been answered elsewhere. Thanks so much! :)

FWIW, stayed at YC this past weekend but walked over to the Beach Club Marketplace one evening. They did have six packs of a few varieties of beers, although don’t ask me what they were (I forgot my phone to take a pic, sorry!).

The Market at Ale & Compass over on the YC side did not have six packs, only individual beers. Bud Light, Corona, Blue Moon, Shoffenhofer (grapefruit beer), Fat Tire, Sweetwater 420, Sierra Nevada IPA.

DAEE696E-6D67-420F-B6D2-C6FDA2DF4FEA.jpeg

Sorry!! A character apple for me is a candy apple that is made into a character. So maybe I'm not using the correct terminology for them......what would you call them? (I thought of just candy apple or caramel apple but I specifically wanted the character ones.)

Sorry!! A character apple for me is a candy apple that is made into a character. So maybe I'm not using the correct terminology for them......what would you call them? (I thought of just candy apple or caramel apple but I specifically wanted the character ones.)
Thanks for the explanation, and that makes sense to me! When I read your post i was thinking about something like a regular apple with a character's face on it, and that didn't make sense. I don't recall seeing the candy apples at Yacht Club, but as I mentioned was never really looking for them so they might be there. And if not maybe somewhere on the Boardwalk would have them?

FWIW, stayed at YC this past weekend but walked over to the Beach Club Marketplace one evening. They did have six packs of a few varieties of beers, although don’t ask me what they were (I forgot my phone to take a pic, sorry!).

The Market at Ale & Compass over on the YC side did not have six packs, only individual beers. Bud Light, Corona, Blue Moon, Shoffenhofer (grapefruit beer), Fat Tire, Sweetwater 420, Sierra Nevada IPA.

View attachment 384801
Thank you so much for the information! That's super helpful!! :flower3:

I know the Boardwalk Confectionary -not the bakery, but the sweet shop next to the gift shop- has them last time we were there. It’s not that far of a walk/boat ride if you wanted one.

The port Orleans ones are the only ones I know about

Thanks! Also, thanks for understanding what I was asking :)

I've seen WL and Poly ones too, but not YC/BC

Thanks! Also, thanks for understanding what I was asking :)

Have you looked at the first page of this thread? Dee works really hard at keeping the first few posts of this thread updated with real time information. She posts the current recreation guide at the beginning of every month. The first post has links to take you right to what you are looking for. Recreation is post 4, BTW. I can’t imagine any other website that would be any better than this thread.

Yes, this thread is fantastic, I agree! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter