Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So just want to make sure I am thinking correctly with our split stay. We have a BC GV 10/9-10/13 RO with dining plan . My mug will be good entire length of split stay. Morning of 10/13 go down with luggage to check out at BC and get a copy showing any dining credits left on reservation. Walk with luggage to Yacht Club for 10/13 -10/15 Club Level stay. Drop luggage at Bell Services, go to check in and be brought up to CL lounge for breakfast. Swim /Head to HS to use last TS ADR.
I can do online check in for both resorts around two weeks before my trip . I gave CM my ME info for both arrival/departure reservations.
Anything I am forgetting?
Yes, your mug should be activated a minimum of 14 days. If not, just let the CM know and he/she will adjust.

You can see how many dining credits you have left when checking out. They will all expire at 11:59pm on 10/13 (seems like you have that accounted for with the DHS ADR).

You should be able to do online check-in 60 days prior to arrival. I actually see the links on all of my reservations, but I remember it being tied with FP+ date.

You should receive hardcopy letters in the mail about 30 days before check-in with the DME luggage tags for the first part of your split and just the pickup times for the second.

I did not see you mention it, but the only other thing I can think of is MagicBand customization. Besides that, you seem pretty covered!

Can anyone onsite at Beach Club can confirm that the 8 pk of small Dasani water bottles at the Marketplace are a snack credit. The 8 pk was around 4.59 when were there in June . With my AP discount it was just around 3.80 an 8 pk. I kinda remember the CM asking if I was on the DDP . I thought he mentioned it was a snack credit but I may be crazy and remembering wrong.

:offtopic:

Is there a good comprehensive resource to read about Minnie Vans, like an FAQ on the Theme Park or Transportation board? An "Everything You Wanted to Know about Minnie Vans" FAQ?

I did a quick search but didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!

:goodvibes

Can anyone onsite at Beach Club can confirm that the 8 pk of small Dasani water bottles at the Marketplace are a snack credit. The 8 pk was around 4.59 when were there in June . With my AP discount it was just around 3.80 an 8 pk. I kinda remember the CM asking if I was on the DDP . I thought he mentioned it was a snack credit but I may be crazy and remembering wrong.
Usually anything that is a multiple, like a box of donuts, is not s snack credit. It would be interesting to see if an 8 pk of water would be.

Last year we stayed in a garden view room at the YC (I believe room #2093) that overlooked the gazebo and had a nice view of Crescent Lake. I’m pricing out our vacation for next summer and the BC GV room is coming in a little cheaper than the YC GV rooms. Are there GV rooms at BC like at the YC where it’s possible to get a partial view of Crescent Lake?

Last year we stayed in a garden view room at the YC (I believe room #2093) that overlooked the gazebo and had a nice view of Crescent Lake. I’m pricing out our vacation for next summer and the BC GV room is coming in a little cheaper than the YC GV rooms. Are there GV rooms at BC like at the YC where it’s possible to get a partial view of Crescent Lake?

Yes, some of the GV rooms that face the volleyball court have some peek-a-views of Crescent lake. I had a room like that, the pictures are in the BC Room View thread, but I don't remember the room number.

Soooo excited. I booked YC for Nov 17th-23rd for my birthday.:Pinkbounc First time ever at YC, and even though we were WAY spoiled to BLT 2 room we had in April, I can't wait to stay at YC. Do you think it and the other Boardwalk area hotels will have holiday decor up by the time we stay?

Yes, some of the GV rooms that face the volleyball court have some peek-a-views of Crescent lake. I had a room like that, the pictures are in the BC Room View thread, but I don't remember the room number.

Thanks, Dee! I’ll check out the BC room thread and I’ll put in a request for a volleyball court view.

Just back from 2 nights/3 days at BC. We arrived around 9am and the room was ready. We stayed in room 3710, standard view. Biggest complaint was the view. All we could see was the roof. Also we did not receive housekeeping services on Thursday. We were out of the room from 11-3 and again from 3:30pm-2:30am. I was looking forward to a shower after returning from MK but we had no towels and was too tired to call and wait for them. Stormalong Bay was wonderful, and we opted for more time there rather than going to the water park. We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe, which was fantastic. Probably my favorite buffet experience on property. Hurricane Hanna's was decent and the kids liked getting their food in the sand bucket. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Just back from 2 nights/3 days at BC. We arrived around 9am and the room was ready. We stayed in room 3710, standard view. Biggest complaint was the view. All we could see was the roof. Also we did not receive housekeeping services on Thursday. We were out of the room from 11-3 and again from 3:30pm-2:30am. I was looking forward to a shower after returning from MK but we had no towels and was too tired to call and wait for them. Stormalong Bay was wonderful, and we opted for more time there rather than going to the water park. We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe, which was fantastic. Probably my favorite buffet experience on property. Hurricane Hanna's was decent and the kids liked getting their food in the sand bucket. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
I may actually order a kids meal so I can get the bucket, lol! We are planning our first day hanging at the pool and having lunch at Hurricane Hannah's. Sorry to hear about your view. Not thinking there are great views with a standard room being booked. Fortunately our upcoming stay there will be in a studio. We usually enjoy our morning coffee on the balcony of our rooms and also an evening glass of wine there as well so I know how important a decent view is. Hopefully the rest of your trip went well.

Has anyone recently used Amazon Prime Now while staying at the villas? Did they meet you at the Villas or drop at Bell services? Thinking about using this versus Garden Grocer next visit.

Can anyone give details on some of the activities listed on the recreation calendar at the Yacht and Beach Club. Specifically Kitchen Sink, Dance Party and Critter Round-up.

Also what family activities do they have in the SandCastle club?

Thanks

Has anyone recently used Amazon Prime Now while staying at the villas? Did they meet you at the Villas or drop at Bell services? Thinking about using this versus Garden Grocer next visit.

Somebody may give you a better answer, but my guess would be that they would not know how to find the villas to meet you there. I don’t know if you have to meet them at BC entrance or if they can leave it at Bell Services at BC.

I am trying to clean up the Activities Post (#4) on Page 1.

I know someone asked recently if the Ceramics activity is still around. I have no idea! I don't see it on the August calendar.

How about any of these? I see Painting in the Vineyard listed in the activities schedule on Fridays at 4:30. Is this a replacement for "Shell We Paint?"

I have not seen much feedback at all from any of the activities listed below, except for ceramics.

Arts & Crafts in the Solarium (June 2018)- materials fee required

Sunday- Ceramics

Monday- Design Your Own Vacation Pillow

Tuesday- Tidal Tank Tops

Wednesday- Design Your Own Tumbler or Wine Glass

Thursday- Driftwood String Art

Friday- Shell We Paint? Join us in the BC Solarium for an instructor-led painting activity

****************************************************************************************

If you have any info about whether or not any of these activities are taking place in August, please let us know!

The longest two weeks begins now.....

We are heading home on 8/17! Question for anyone who has been there recently.....does anyone know if there are toiletries available in the showers located near SAB? We have dinner reservations at Homecoming at 5:20, and I'm not sure, given our luck, if our studio would be ready before hand so we can shower in the room.

The 17th cant get here fast enough.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter