Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The longest two weeks begins now.....

We are heading home on 8/17! Question for anyone who has been there recently.....does anyone know if there are toiletries available in the showers located near SAB? We have dinner reservations at Homecoming at 5:20, and I'm not sure, given our luck, if our studio would be ready before hand so we can shower in the room.

The 17th cant get here fast enough.....
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...1-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-901#post-57652846There have been complaints that no hairdryers were there, but one can be requested.

Last edited:
I am trying to clean up the Activities Post (#4) on Page 1.

I know someone asked recently if the Ceramics activity is still around. I have no idea! I don't see it on the August calendar.

How about any of these? I see Painting in the Vineyard listed in the activities schedule on Fridays at 4:30. Is this a replacement for "Shell We Paint?"

I have not seen much feedback at all from any of the activities listed below, except for ceramics.

Arts & Crafts in the Solarium (June 2018)- materials fee required

Sunday- Ceramics

Monday- Design Your Own Vacation Pillow

Tuesday- Tidal Tank Tops

Wednesday- Design Your Own Tumbler or Wine Glass

Thursday- Driftwood String Art

Friday- Shell We Paint? Join us in the BC Solarium for an instructor-led painting activity

****************************************************************************************

If you have any info about whether or not any of these activities are taking place in August, please let us know!
I believe all the activities were moved to seaside retreat (old sandcastle club) but don’t know what if anything is offered now. Arriving 8/17 so will report back.

I must have missed when it was announced that the resort parking rates are going up in cost next year. :rolleyes:

Deluxe Resorts
Parking for arrivals in 2019 is $24 per night.
Parking for reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2020 is $24 per night.
Parking for reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020 is $25 per night.
Valet parking is also available for $33 per night.

How has everyone found the experience affected at Yacht Club with the presence of dogs? Curious as a non-owner.

Picture request:

Who has a nice picture of the Beach Club beach that I can feature on the Page 1 intro post?

Looking for a landscape layout, daytime (not sunrise or sunset), no or few, unidentifiable people.

Um, Dee, don't you have about a million pictures like this?

Well, yes, but I don't feel like weeding through 10 years of trips or 1500 pages of this thread to pick the perfect shot.

So what have you got?

Post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo.

:thanks:

More missions:

Any info on the Activities on the Beach from last summer?

Seaside Sundays
Tide something Tuesday
Fun in the Sun Fridays

Are they still doing any activities on the beach during the day?

:beach:

The longest two weeks begins now.....

We are heading home on 8/17! Question for anyone who has been there recently.....does anyone know if there are toiletries available in the showers located near SAB? We have dinner reservations at Homecoming at 5:20, and I'm not sure, given our luck, if our studio would be ready before hand so we can shower in the room.

The 17th cant get here fast enough.....
We used the showers on Friday. There are bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash in the showers. Towels are available. No washcloths or hair dryer.

Picture request:

Who has a nice picture of the Beach Club beach that I can feature on the Page 1 intro post?

Looking for a landscape layout, daytime (not sunrise or sunset), no or few, unidentifiable people.

Well, yes, but I don't feel like weeding through 10 years of trips or 1500 pages of this thread to pick the perfect shot.

So what have you got?

Here are a couple...they don't have much of the beach so I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Attachments

• 20190603_193806.jpg
    20190603_193806.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190603_193924.jpg
    20190603_193924.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190606_082005.jpg
    20190606_082005.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 33
Picture request:

So what have you got?

I've got a couple of longer distance pictures of the BC looking across Crescent Lake. Also, one of the YC and one of the BCVs. I don't think this is what you're really looking for but thought I would send them along just in case!

Hi! Was a handling fee added by Disney since the hotel is a convention center? Thank you!

The convention center fee is for packages which come by ups or fedex, not things which are delivered to bell services. But there is a different fee if bell services delivers to your room.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/
Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room
If you have grocery orders delivered to your Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, grocery delivery order pickup in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance is available at no charge.

Soooo excited. I booked YC for Nov 17th-23rd for my birthday.:Pinkbounc First time ever at YC, and even though we were WAY spoiled to BLT 2 room we had in April, I can't wait to stay at YC. Do you think it and the other Boardwalk area hotels will have holiday decor up by the time we stay?
Definitely possible. The deluxe resorts are decorated via a lottery system, so the dates and order vary from year to year, but they’ll all be done by the weekend after thanksgiving so you’ll likely see decorations by check out day, if not earlier. Enjoy!!

Random question here-would anyone have an idea where the lamp with the two monkeys on it in the YC lobby is from? Looking to purchase one as a gift and cannot find anything like it. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter