Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If you want to walk to the YC bus stop after checking the line at the BC bus stop, then you should stay on that side of the resorts and walk in front of the convention center. I think it is quicker.

If you are with @woodnymph: great advice.

If you have a good sense of direction: great advice.

If you have a bad sense of direction: proceed with caution. I always get confused when walking to the Convention Center. Last time I tried to walk back to the Beach Club from there (after shipping a package from the business office), I ended up at the Yacht Club by mistake.

If I want to get to the Yacht Club from the Beach Club, I follow the route mentioned by others by going as far as I can inside the Beach Club, then walking outside for a bit by the pool, then entering the Yacht Club.

If you are desperate to get to MK: You can Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and walk from there, if you have no mobility issues and no kids who need car seats. (Sometimes you can get an Uber with 1 car seat, but don't count on it.)

If you are desperate to get to MK and have mobility issues or have kids who need car seats: You can get a Minnie Van if you don't mind spending the $$$. Minnie Vans have a slot where the Disney resort buses drop off at the Magic Kingdom.

Last summer it was so hot and humid I used Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to get everywhere. I didn't even try to get on a bus.

Of course that will only give the time at your resort. So a guest at YC won’t see BC times, and vice versa. So it won’t help for knowing which to go to. Unless you can figure the time difference and know, for example, that YC picks up 5 min before the time shown for BC
Well, if the bus picks up at YC first (which has been my experience, unless it's full and then doesn't stop at BC), it stands to reason that if the app says the bus will be at BC at a certain time, you can judge how long it would take you to walk to the YC Bus stop and make a call as to whether or not to go to YC now or wait for the next bus.

I've found this feature to be extremely helpful, as long as the buses are running on time - they do get bogged down at times and don't come when the schedule boards, or the app, say they will. But all in all, the times are updated frequently enough to keep you in the know.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJN
We’re currently booked for a one bedroom at the Beach Club Villas in the fall, and I just read where not all of the sleeper sofas are queens. Is that true? If so, are many of them? We’re going with four adults so a double isn’t going to work well. Thanks!

Agreed on this. It's probably 1/4 mile [maybe a tad more] from BW main lobby to Speedway. You'll also need to cross Epcot Resorts Blvd to get there [and back]. Not a big deal but something to consider. I've done the trip many times for a 12 pack of beer coming from the BC but that's manageable for me. A case [or two] of water will be a lot to handle. What I have heard/read is that people bring their rolling luggage over and haul it back that way. Just throwing it out there to save the arms.
Awesome...thanks. Maybe I'll walk there and get an Uber back since I'll probably have 3 cases.

We’re currently booked for a one bedroom at the Beach Club Villas in the fall, and I just read where not all of the sleeper sofas are queens. Is that true? If so, are many of them? We’re going with four adults so a double isn’t going to work well. Thanks!

Where did you read that? I have not heard that there is inconsistency on the sleeper sofas there.

Per the DVC website for the Beach Club Villas:
1-Bedroom Villa
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

The Studios on the other hand:
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa.

Well, we decided to try to do Food and Wine again this year. (Last year was marred by Pop breaking his leg on check in day! We are going to wrap him in bubble wrap this time 😄.) So Dee, when you get a chance, please put us down for October 26-November 2. Thanks. Coincidentally, I managed to reserve a handicapped accessible room. We try every time, but have only gotten 1 once before- Room 1634 as mentioned earlier. I would love to have that one again since we will have our 2 ECV’s as well as Pop’s wheelchair for use around the resort.

Where did you read that? I have not heard that there is inconsistency on the sleeper sofas there.
Per the DVC website for the Beach Club Villas:
1-Bedroom Villa
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa.

The Studios on the other hand:
1 queen-size bed, 1 double-size sleeper sofa.

Thank you! The disneyworld.com booking site says 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa or 1 King Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa. But I see that the DVC site says queen. Just kind of confusing!

Well, we decided to try to do Food and Wine again this year. (Last year was marred by Pop breaking his leg on check in day! We are going to wrap him in bubble wrap this time 😄.) So Dee, when you get a chance, please put us down for October 26-November 2. Thanks. Coincidentally, I managed to reserve a handicapped accessible room. We try every time, but have only gotten 1 once before- Room 1634 as mentioned earlier. I would love to have that one again since we will have our 2 ECV’s as well as Pop’s wheelchair for use around the resort.
Nice! We’ll be down there in October for F&W too! Stay at the BCV in a deluxe studio. First time at BC! Sooooo excited!

Another Be Our Guest update!! Please pencil us in for Marathon weekend 2021 from 1/6 - 1/14!
Right now we're booked in a BCV studio but I'm looking to rent points [separate ressie] to upgrade to a 1 BR since we'll be introducing our 2 [out of many] Nieces to some RunDisney events. This rental process is new to me, but I have backups in place if all else fails!

A head’s up for folks that don’t visit the other areas of the Dis: ticket prices went up over night. APs went up about $75 to $1195. Some people said regular ticket prices went up as much as 10%.

If you booked your trip already, are your prices locked in? Or will they change the park ticket prices on their own?

Trying to locate a section on here about staying at the Yacht Club with a baby. Curious of the cabanas are worth it when wanting to spend a day at the pool.

Trying to locate a section on here about staying at the Yacht Club with a baby. Curious of the cabanas are worth it when wanting to spend a day at the pool.

I don’t think there is a section on staying with a baby. I would ask your specific questions & there will probably be someone who knows the answer.

I haven’t stayed with a baby or rented a cabana yet. That is on my “one day” list. It hasn’t been a priority because we are only 2 adults & my DH isn’t big on swimming. So we spend only an hour or 2 at the pool at a time. If you plan to spend a good part of the day at the pool & the cost is within your budget, I think a cabana would be great with a baby. We stay at YC regularly. It can be hard to get lounge chairs in the shade at times. Or to find a few together in an area you prefer. The cabana loungers would certainly be more comfortable & guarantee a shady spot for a napping baby. And the snacks, drinks & TV would be nice for whoever is sitting there with the baby too. It would definitely seem worth it to me.

On a resort day, do any BC/YC'ers stroll into Epcot for just one attraction or to grab quick-service to-go to bring back to the resort? I'm staying at YC in July, and I have these idyllic notions of having the luxury of going in and out of Epcot whenever I have a hankering to ride Soarin' or enjoy a French baguette and cheese from my patio, et al.

On a resort day, do any BC/YC'ers stroll into Epcot for just one attraction or to grab quick-service to-go to bring back to the resort? I'm staying at YC in July, and I have these idyllic notions of having the luxury of going in and out of Epcot whenever I have a hankering to ride Soarin' or enjoy a French baguette and cheese from my patio, et al.
Yes...that’s one of the perks of staying at an Epcot resort. It’s less than a 10 minute walk from the YC to the IG at EP, so if you have an AP or Hopper, enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter