Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have been looking at DVC purchases for months and had ruled out all the 2042 resorts...but before we finalized our decision my wife wanted to watch a tour of each BWV and BCV, and guess what? Now we’re waiting for that perfect BCV contract to pop up somewhere.

Our kids will be 3 and 4 by the time we’re able to actually make our first visit next year and Beach Club looks like the perfect resort to stay at, play at, crash at, and eat at. I’m reading backwards through this thread so if I like an old post of yours it’s not cause I’m creeping! I’m excited!
We'll see you at the Dunes Cove Pool! :drinking1:wave:

We have been looking at DVC purchases for months and had ruled out all the 2042 resorts...but before we finalized our decision my wife wanted to watch a tour of each BWV and BCV, and guess what? Now we’re waiting for that perfect BCV contract to pop up somewhere.

Our kids will be 3 and 4 by the time we’re able to actually make our first visit next year and Beach Club looks like the perfect resort to stay at, play at, crash at, and eat at. I’m reading backwards through this thread so if I like an old post of yours it’s not cause I’m creeping! I’m excited!

We have lots of kids, all different ages and own at AK, BWV and BCV. We alternate at each resort or use our points elsewhere each year. BCV is the hardest reservation for me to pass up. I have never used those points somewhere else. You won't be disappointed.

It is a lovely resort and you still get to enjoy the Boardwalk in the evening if you want. Also, please check out the pirate's cruise for the kids. It leaves from the BCV dock and it was by far the greatest memory my kids have from Disney from when they were younger. 4 of them went on it together and I think the youngest at the time was 3 or 4 and they were taken to the parks before opening and looking for a lost treasure when they get ransacked by a funny pirate name "stinky feet." Not scary and just a super awesome adventure for them to have on their own. They also got lots of great kiddy swag!

We have lots of kids, all different ages and own at AK, BWV and BCV. We alternate at each resort or use our points elsewhere each year. BCV is the hardest reservation for me to pass up. I have never used those points somewhere else. You won't be disappointed.

It is a lovely resort and you still get to enjoy the Boardwalk in the evening if you want. Also, please check out the pirate's cruise for the kids. It leaves from the BCV dock and it was by far the greatest memory my kids have from Disney from when they were younger. 4 of them went on it together and I think the youngest at the time was 3 or 4 and they were taken to the parks before opening and looking for a lost treasure when they get ransacked by a funny pirate name "stinky feet." Not scary and just a super awesome adventure for them to have on their own. They also got lots of great kiddy swag!
That sounds amazing, thanks for the tip!

Beach Club looks like the perfect resort to stay at, play at, crash at, and eat at.

It definitely is! Hubby and I will be 60 when BCV goes poof, but we don’t care! It’s the best place for us to stay for our WDW touring style.

Just a quick note about Use Year... August is a difficult one to find if you ever decide to add on a small contract. Took me ages to find the 100 pt one that finally popped up at the end of June. Happy hunting!!

It definitely is! Hubby and I will be 60 when BCV goes poof, but we don’t care! It’s the best place for us to stay for our WDW touring style.

Just a quick note about Use Year... August is a difficult one to find if you ever decide to add on a small contract. Took me ages to find the 100 pt one that finally popped up at the end of June. Happy hunting!!
Thank you. August and September make the most sense for us because we wouldn't be caught dead in Orlando in the summer, but I saw that most BCV are winter and spring UYs. What to do, what to do...

Thank you. August and September make the most sense for us because we wouldn't be caught dead in Orlando in the summer, but I saw that most BCV are winter and spring UYs. What to do, what to do...
August and even September can be quite hot in Orlando. And a reminder that August and September are often the startup of the active hurricane season which often peaks in October for Florida.

Dave

My two cents about Use Year: It determines your deadline for banking your points, but for me that's about it. It has had no impact for me on taking trips or planning trips other than that. The big issue is, if you plan to purchase multiple contracts, make sure they all have the same Use Year and they are titled exactly the same. That way, you have one main member number with all of the contracts underneath it. If you have different Use Years and/or you the contracts are titled differently, they get separate member numbers and it's a pain to deal with.

Small BCV contracts have been hard to find. I don't know if COVID is going to make people decide to sell because they have discovered the world has changed and they can't vacation the way they did in the past.

Only my fellow Dis’ers will understand this, but I just had it sink in as to how much the current state of the world has affected me. Yesterday was my 60 days for our hopeful September YC stay, and I completely missed it.

Made ADRs this morning, got everything we wanted except Sci-Fi Dine-In for our DHS day, but still, wow. I’ve never missed an ADR day before. And it’s not like I was busy or anything. I just completely forgot.

Only my fellow Dis’ers will understand this, but I just had it sink in as to how much the current state of the world has affected me. Yesterday was my 60 days for our hopeful September YC stay, and I completely missed it.

Made ADRs this morning, got everything we wanted except Sci-Fi Dine-In for our DHS day, but still, wow. I’ve never missed an ADR day before. And it’s not like I was busy or anything. I just completely forgot.

I was afraid having that very thing happen to me. Like everyone else, I was one of those folks that had their 180-day Dining reservations cancelled when Disney wiped the slate. I had gotten everywhere that I wanted at the time I wanted (character dining and Oga's). Thankfully I recorded everything on a spreadsheet, so I can try to replicate it when the time comes. Being one of "those" Disney planners, I keep appointments on my google calendar for my 180-Day Dining and 60-Day Fastpass days so I don't forget. Well, since no more FP, I converted my FP reminder to an ADR reminder. I'll hopefully be at timeshare in Panama City Beach when that 60-day window opens up. So I'll be up early making plans on my first day of vacation.

I was afraid having that very thing happen to me. Like everyone else, I was one of those folks that had their 180-day Dining reservations cancelled when Disney wiped the slate. I had gotten everywhere that I wanted at the time I wanted (character dining and Oga's). Thankfully I recorded everything on a spreadsheet, so I can try to replicate it when the time comes. Being one of "those" Disney planners, I keep appointments on my google calendar for my 180-Day Dining and 60-Day Fastpass days so I don't forget. Well, since no more FP, I converted my FP reminder to an ADR reminder. I'll hopefully be at timeshare in Panama City Beach when that 60-day window opens up. So I'll be up early making plans on my first day of vacation.

I also completely forgot about my window with everything else going on but I remembered 5 days later and had some good luck getting everything I wanted. You've got this! :)

I've done the same thing with my calendar, it's all set to do dining....again. This will be the thrid time I've reserved dining for this trip. First time was when the trip was in July, got absolutely everything we wanted when we wanted it. Second time was when I moved the trip due to the closure to Thanksgiving week, I made my ADRs at 180 days and got everything we wanted again......and then Disney deleted all of them shortly after. So now I'm crossing my fingers we can get what we want, and that two of them are even open by then (V&A, and Ohana). We'll see what happens, but thankfully I don't think there is as much demand yet so all we have to hope for are places actually being open (and obviously I realize they are lower capacity, but I'm crossing my fingers it goes as well as booking my end of August ADRs).

Page 1647-1648

We had a bad experience with Tony Hinds last summer, I would not recommend him. When I booked our trip I let him know that there were 4 of us but we had a lot of luggage as 3 of us were going to be down there for over two weeks. I told him specifically 6 full size large suitcases and at least 2 carryons. He said no problem at all. I called about two weeks before our trip to make sure again there would be enough room for all of us and our luggage. Well when he arrived, late, he had a full size car, no way would all of us fit with our luggage. It wasn’t a very nice car either. So we had to split up, I went with our friend and my husband and daughter stayed behind because he called someone else to come pick them up. Well after 45 min of them waiting and no one there, they called an Uber. He kept saying the driver was there for them but he couldn’t find them. They stood and waited in the exactly location that he took them to. He was taking us to Universal and then supposed to pick us up from there and take us to Disney. Needless to say we told him never mind. I didn’t pay him the full amount but I actually paid him more than I should have, the trip cost us a lot more due to the others having to take Uber. It was not a fun arrival day. Just a warning to others. I hate to say bad things about companies but I wouldn‘t want it to happen to others.

To make this BC/YC related: we are booked for the YC June 29-July 16th 2021. Hoping most things are back to normal by then. Haven’t figured out what to do about tickets yet. We want APs and I would like to make park reservations for the week of the 4th soon but they aren’t on sale yet. Also hoping to switch to BVCs for this trip, we loved having a studio.

Sorry to hear you had some of the same issues with Tony Hinds. I always wondered about all of the rave reviews. I tried not to trash him too much because I hoped that what happened to us was an exception, but it appears that there is definitely an issue with not taking responsibility and not being entirely truthful with passengers when things go wrong.

I'll add you to the 2021 list. May it be a much better year all around!

::yes::

I was there! We stayed at BWV 7/9-7/13. We went over to Beaches & Cream for dinner. The resort was so quiet. There was also a big blue fence on the pathway blocking SAB. It was just before you get to Hurricane Hanna's I believe.

We went to AK Saturday and MK Sunday. AK was definitely less crowded, everything was walk on. We had a few short waits at MK (BTMR, JC and we waited 30 min or Splash only to have it close down right before we got on). We encountered a few people that seemed completely unaware as far as social distancing, and sometimes there would be a bit of a cluster coming off rides but overall I was very surprised how well it went.

We are coming back 9/4-9/13, I have BWV booked again. There's a 1 BR at BCV available though and I am SOOOO tempted to book it, if only we knew about SAB opening!

Thanks for the report!

Let us know if you bite the bullet and book at BCV!

:thumbsup2

Hi Dee, next time you are updating the BOG list please remove us from the list for this year. We have made the tough decision to push our trips into 2021. We will be at BC 9/8 - 9/15 after a week offsite so we can visit the dark side.

I'll add you to the list for next year.

:goodvibes

Well we’ve had to give in and cancel our two week stay at BC in September. With the rising number of cases in Florida, and the fact that as we are coming from the UK currently the borders are closed to us, it’s not worth keeping the booking any more. Gutted tonight but already planning next year 🤞🤞

Sorry about your trip.

Be safe and stay well!

Thankfully I'm not a pool person as I just moved my CBR reservation to YC for my upcoming solo trip August 28-31. I also added on to our Christmas week trip, since we canceled our Christmas cruise we decided to split stay at added BC on for December 24-27. I haven't stayed at BC before, but did like YC when I stayed previously (although didn't like hearing the guy pee every morning at 7 am on the dot, hopefully they'll have the rooms spaced out well and I won't have such a punctual bathroom user for a neighbor). Hope SAB can open once the NBA is gone for those that love it, it really is an amazing pool....which is saying something coming from someone who doesn't go to the pools.

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add your August and December trips to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

AFAIK you can't walk to/from DHS right now. Guests are instructed to use the skyliner by the international gateway to access DHS and there was a guest that was blocked from walking from DHS to BC this week and they had to turn around and walk back to DHS and take alternative transport to get to BC.

Like everything else, this may change.

:welcome: to posting on this thread, and thank you for the information.

:cool2:

Last edited:
Just popping in for a quick sulk. We should have checked into Yacht Club today. I’ve cracked open a pack of Joffreys Yachtsman coffee instead.

I know, it's a bummer. I cancelled my October trip (staying off site) and my annual pass. I realize that now is not the time to travel and Disney will still be there when things get better.

I'm taking this time to save up my money for an increased number of trips in the future. I'm also donating some money that I would have spent at WDW to the (not professionally affiliated with Disney) Cast Member Pantry. https://www.facebook.com/castmemberpantry/
ven mo = Emily Lartigue (CastMemberPantry)

A lot of Cast Members have lost their jobs and every little bit helps.

I like knowing that even though I'm not there I can still do something that will spread the magic, and the love and support to the CM's that make my vacation so magical when I'm there. Now is all about giving back to try and help sustain them.

I'm trying to make a positive out of a negative and I'm keeping my eyes on the future by staying safe and healthy so I can visit again when things get better, and they will get better!

Stay strong everybody! We'll be enjoying that Marketplace clam chowder and the lovely Beach Club lobby smell before we know it!

❤ NM

Last edited:

Same exact thing happened to me last week. I started to make them when I remembered later that day. I actually only made 1, then stopped. I figured, why bother. Many of our favorite places aren’t opening yet. And since we’re in NY state, the reality is we probably won‘t even be going on this trip. The quarantine order for NY residents traveling to Florida is still in effect, NY has a 14 day quarantine order after traveling to Florida & I am just not going to throw away 5 months of staying safe at home to risk getting sick in one of the current hot spots. As much as I love Disney World, I love my DH, my family & my health even more. I’m almost not even sad about it either. I am getting a little mad because I firmly believe things didn’t have to get this bad.

We moved one trip to next April & family wants us to join them for a long weekend in March. I kind of don’t care if we go on those trips or not. After 28 years of Disney vacations, I almost don’t care about the next one. :sad1:

@focusondisney sending a hug your way:hug:
These are tough times for us all and I think it will be a wee while before we are able to look forward to things/places that usually bring us joy. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your family at home for now and hopefully soon, that little spark in you that loved your Disney trips will fire up and have you excited to go again in the future :goodvibes

@focusondisney sending a hug your way:hug:
These are tough times for us all and I think it will be a wee while before we are able to look forward to things/places that usually bring us joy. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your family at home for now and hopefully soon, that little spark in you that loved your Disney trips will fire up and have you excited to go again in the future :goodvibes

Thank you, you are so sweet! Hugs are always appreciated. :goodvibes I know we’ll be back & I will be thrilled when it happens. Just as an RN in my 60s, DH an essential worker in his mid 60s with an underlying risk, an 87 year old mom & siblings in their 50s & 60s, I am just tired of worrying for now. If those Florida numbers drop & the quarantines end, I‘m sure I’ll be ready to plan again.

As a matter of fact, Monday night I ordered that new Skyliner Dooney & Bourke & plan on making it my new park bag! Just looking at the picture of it made me smile. I’m not quite as done as I feel right now I guess! :laughing:

Page 1649-1650

I think the person that wasn't able to walk to DHS attempted to do so before the park had re-opened.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Thank you so much for your input.

:goodvibes

:welcome: to this thread!

Good luck with your research and purchase of a DVC contract. If you have any questions as you are reading along, please let us know.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Thank you so much for the very helpful input.

:cool2:

:welcome: to the thread.

Thanks for this tip/hint.

8-)

Hi Dee!
Can you please add me to Be Our Guest list for 10/30-11/09/20 for Beach Club. Hopefully 3rd times the charm. Thank you!
Shelly

Sure thing!

:cool1:

My two cents about Use Year: It determines your deadline for banking your points, but for me that's about it. It has had no impact for me on taking trips or planning trips other than that. The big issue is, if you plan to purchase multiple contracts, make sure they all have the same Use Year and they are titled exactly the same. That way, you have one main member number with all of the contracts underneath it. If you have different Use Years and/or you the contracts are titled differently, they get separate member numbers and it's a pain to deal with.

Small BCV contracts have been hard to find. I don't know if COVID is going to make people decide to sell because they have discovered the world has changed and they can't vacation the way they did in the past.

Thank you so much for this helpful info.

:thumbsup2

Just popping in for a quick sulk. We should have checked into Yacht Club today. I’ve cracked open a pack of Joffreys Yachtsman coffee instead.

:grouphug:

I think I am finally caught up here!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list, although I am sure there are a lot of changes with cancellations, rebookings and resort changes that haven't been reported.

I can remove your trip if you have decided to cancel or not. Really doesn't matter to me.

Take a look and let me know if you need me to make any corrections to your listings.

Hope everyone is well and stays safe.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter