Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

FWIW, my October BC Deluxe room reservation was converted to a 2 BR BCV with a discount applied, making it very close to what we were already paying! If you're in the same boat, it's worth a call versus just trying to modify online because the phone CM's have the ability to apply a discount of some type.

Yes, you’re right. That makes sense.
The hotels just go together in my mind and I can’t imagine staying at one without the other to pop into.
I haven’t seen pics of SAB, but one NBA player had posted pics/videos of himself at the YC quiet pool one night. Finger crossed for SAB.

It is shocking. I guess Disney is seeing more cancellations than they anticipated. But, as the YC is already taking care of guests because of the NBA, it makes sense that they would open YC to all guests rather than BC.

Do we know if the NBA players are using SAB? If they are, that may be a good sign for future guests.

Last edited:
Have to change the dates I'm staying at YC/BC since the announcement of the TBD opening of BC. No longer staying at BC on December 24-27, but due to BWI also not being open DH and I have now moved our anniversary trip (yet again) to YC November 21-28! Still staying at YC Aug. 28-31, and now I get to return again just months later so I can't complain about that. I spent so much time on the phone today moving all kinds of resorts around, and hopefully it gets to stay this way now *fingers crossed*

Has anyone been to the quiet pools at the BC? We were hoping to get more pool time this trip but I'm worried with SAB being closed the quiet pools will be way more crowded. We're prefer to not have to walk all the way over to the BWI pool if possible.

I didn't have a chance to call during the day when I got the email about BC being closed because work was way too busy. I just called when I got home and was only on hold like 5 minutes before a CM answered! He was super nice and was able to get us switched from BC GV to YC GV! Originally he said he could do standard view and it would be a little less but when I said we were really hoping for a nicer view like we had he said he'd see what he could do, and was able to get it for the same rate.
Just for those of you switching to note- the CM will have to send a message to guest services for them to change your amount due if it ends up being more than your original price, and this may take up to a week since there are so many people switching now.
We had a nice conversation too where he was explaining that they are not opening certain resorts to try to keep more distancing between guests- like YC, BC Villas, and BW Villas, but not the regular BC and BW, or Pop but not AoA. They don't need to have all f the resorts open due to the amount of cancelations they are getting too. It's just such a fluid situation that they are making the best decision as time goes on. He did also say that SAB is still scheduled to open on Aug. 24. Honestly, at this point I would be ok with the quiet pool though!
So Dee, if you have time, you can switch up back to YC GV for the same dates- thanks!

He did also say that SAB is still scheduled to open on Aug. 24.

I’ve never seen this date published anywhere, is there an official source? Even before NBA, Disney told Travel Agents that SAB would be closed initially due to capacity. Hard to see it’s open at this reduced capacity. Suppose we may see YC have delayed opening next. During first round of NBA playoffs never made sense anyways.

I’ve never seen this date published anywhere, is there an official source? Even before NBA, Disney told Travel Agents that SAB would be closed initially due to capacity. Hard to see it’s open at this reduced capacity. Suppose we may see YC have delayed opening next. During first round of NBA playoffs never made sense anyways.

I suspect YC will stay open, mainly because there is a cost and hassle to shut down and reopen again later on. That being said, that's no guarantee SAB will be open. The main web site says it won't be open "during the initial reopening period" which is a fancy way of saying "it may be open if we decide it's worth it, but don't count on it".

If this works out for the NBA players staying in the "bubble" at Disney to finish off the 2020 season, what do you think the chances are that they will do the same thing to start the 2021 season on Dec 1?

Just something to think about people before you book reservations where the NBA players are staying now, you could be disappointed again.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Has anyone been to the quiet pools at the BC? We were hoping to get more pool time this trip but I'm worried with SAB being closed the quiet pools will be way more crowded. We're prefer to not have to walk all the way over to the BWI pool if possible.
We used the BCV pool and walked by the BC quiet Pool several times last week. Neither were crowded, but the BCV pool was used more and was where they did pool games etc. We only saw 1-2 people max in the BC pool

Last edited:
We also were able to switch are Beach Club reservation to the Yacht Club for November 28th through December 5th. So when you're in making all your changes, Dee, could you please change us on the Be Our Guest list also. Thanks. 😁

I got an email from my travel agent around 1:40pm, letting me know that we had been moved by Disney to Yacht Club (with same view) for no additional cost. If I remember correctly, Yacht is usually $10-20 more a night than Beach. So I'm happy with that. Glad I use a travel agent!

travel agents are great but Disney is moving people with and without :)

I can’t believe that about BC! We have April 2021 booked right now. I’m just going to leave it because a lot can change. I have a split stay BC/CR during that trip and was really looking forward to trying out BC. Just hoping/praying/wishing life is more normal by then.

I can’t believe that about BC! We have April 2021 booked right now. I’m just going to leave it because a lot can change. I have a split stay BC/CR during that trip and was really looking forward to trying out BC. Just hoping/praying/wishing life is more normal by then.

When I read this, the movie My Best Friend's Wedding popped into my head because of lyrics from a song which is in the movie:

"Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'"

Disappointing news about BC. Booked for our first ever stay there Dec 5th.

Debating whether to wait and see if BC does open in a few months or call and make the switch now before YC/Poly fills up.

Thoughts?

Disappointing news about BC. Booked for our first ever stay there Dec 5th.

Debating whether to wait and see if BC does open in a few months or call and make the switch now before YC/Poly fills up.

Thoughts?

I'd say be proactive and switch now so you have your choice of accommodations - you can always switch back if they do open by December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter