Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just an update from my post about my bad experience at YC over the weekend: I juset got off the phone with someone at guest relations who called me about the incident, we had a really nice long chat. She is sending my correspondence over to the general manager, and notes about our talk today. I even talked to her about what the manager had said to me over the phone when he contacted me while I was still there, all about his excuse of "well we've been closed for a few months so some stuff might not be working", and she was pretty upset he made excuses like that. She said they were supposed to have maintenance go and check all rooms to make sure everything was in order before opening, and obviously that hasn't happened. She assured me that changes would be made, and we can expect a better experience on our upcoming trip. *fingers crossed*. She is also sending me an email with a phone number to call and a code to book two free nights on a future stay, so that was a nice touch. I honestly didn't ask/expect for anything to be done, I just really want to make sure that this resort makes some needed changes for the future (especially when I have to stay there again in a few months) that can really benefit everyone.

We come in September 11, a Friday. Our flight doesn’t land until 9, and I’m thinking we MAY be at the resort 10:30ish- anywhere we will be able to grab a bite that late??
Not on property, they close things down around 9 or so every night. I noticed Ale & Compass was still serving people, but those were probably people who had reservations before closing. If there happens to be someplace in the airport open I'd grab from there, or if you're renting a car and driving I'd stop somewhere on the way in.

Where in the resort is this posted? In the main lobby?
This weekend the sign was just past the now closed off check-in desks on the way to the elevators and hallway to the market, on the right. I saw it every day walking back in going to my room.

We come in September 11, a Friday. Our flight doesn’t land until 9, and I’m thinking we MAY be at the resort 10:30ish- anywhere we will be able to grab a bite that late??

people at other resorts have reported having food delivered. I don’t remember which service they used (grubhub, doordash,etc.) That might be a possibility.

Not discounting anyone's experience but I have been to YC several times with no MB issues. We did have issues when we stayed at GF RPC. They told us we had too many MBs and deactivated some of them. I don't think anyone knows why the bands sometimes don't work.
I had issues with my MB at BWI in January which is why I deactivated all but the 3 I took with me on this trip. When I stayed at YC last year I had zero issues, and aside from BWI have never had issues. I was dumbfounded when the guy told me I had too many, and needed to just have one, I wanted to invite him to help me choose which one I should bring since we obviously don't know until we get there if it's going to be a dud or not. At least I found out which one was the magic one to open my room, I just put it in my bag on the second day and left it there so I could get in my room, which I shouldn't have to do but oh well. At least at BWI they were willing to try and fix the issue, especially since it kept me from being able to use the stairs up to the CL lounge from my cottage room. I feel like he just didn't want to take the time to deal with it.

can people staying at the yacht club use the beach club pool?

:welcome: back!

Do you have a trip booked or are you in the planning stages?

As pointed out below, guests of the Yacht Club and Beach Club (and Beach Club Villas) can all use the feature pool, Stormalong Bay.

Additionally, I believe the YC Quiet Pool and BCV Quiet Pool are both currently open. Can someone confirm that for me? Assuming the Beach Club Quiet Pool is not currently open, but that is just a guess on my part.

:fish:

Yes, Yacht and Beach share Storm A Long Bay.

:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what time Stormalong Bay closes? I couldn’t find the info online.

Sadly, I cancelled our trip for next week this afternoon. We just can’t quarantine for 2 weeks when we get home. We were considering trying again Thanksgiving weekend & luckily I was able to book the AP discount Tuesday morning. So we have 2 trips to YC to add to the Be Our Guest list please Dee.

November 27- December 2 & April 17 -24.

We also have a long weekend planned in March for a family member’s birthday celebration but don’t think that one will be at YC. So now we’re up to 3 trips cancelled in 2020 with 3 new ones planned. Hoping at least some of these ones happen. 🤞🏻

Last edited:
I just really want to make sure that this resort makes some needed changes for the future (especially when I have to stay there again in a few months) that can really benefit everyone.
Thanks for posting your experience. When things go wrong on a vacation, it just feels that much worse. Just out of curiosity what room number were staying in? I travel with a CPAP and ECV and will need all of the electrical outlets to work.

Thanks for posting your experience. When things go wrong on a vacation, it just feels that much worse. Just out of curiosity what room number were staying in? I travel with a CPAP and ECV and will need all of the electrical outlets to work.
I was in room 4098, it's a garden view room. I would hope that they get these fixed asap since the plugs at the bedsides are the ones most needed/used by guests (unless there are a whole lot of people who don't plug their phone in at night at their bedside). I would definitely, with any room at this point, check to make sure the outlets work when you enter the room so you can get the issue resolved asap. My dad has to have his CPAP so I understand how important that is for you.

I was in room 4098, it's a garden view room. I would hope that they get these fixed asap since the plugs at the bedsides are the ones most needed/used by guests (unless there are a whole lot of people who don't plug their phone in at night at their bedside). I would definitely, with any room at this point, check to make sure the outlets work when you enter the room so you can get the issue resolved asap. My dad has to have his CPAP so I understand how important that is for you.
Those desk mounted outlets WDW is using are terrible. Granted, US-style outlets are among the worst design in the world, depending solely on friction to hold plugs in. But still, the desk-mounted ones Disney's contractors are putting in really don't hold up very well at all. We've had several at BCV that were broken (both the 110V plus *and* USBs), even just a few months after the 2016 refurb. I've been to other hotels that have much older setups and that style of outlet is still fine.

You can bet they got those things on the cheap..... :rolleyes:

I have a standard YC room booked for next summer. I've stayed standard at BC but not YC. Any advice on room requests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter