Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just managed to get a cabana rental for our extra tag on night due to a flight change -
this is our first time at the resort so I've been perusing this thread (so much information)

I know Hurricane Hanna's is not serving grill items (per WDW website) - is that the only food option we can order from in the Cabana? Is there another menu?
Also - I know this is a rudimentary question - we plan on coming straight from the airport and going swimming/pool day all day - I've read conflicting info on whether or not we will be able to change or take advantage of any changing area?

I just managed to get a cabana rental for our extra tag on night due to a flight change -
this is our first time at the resort so I've been perusing this thread (so much information)

I know Hurricane Hanna's is not serving grill items (per WDW website) - is that the only food option we can order from in the Cabana? Is there another menu?
Also - I know this is a rudimentary question - we plan on coming straight from the airport and going swimming/pool day all day - I've read conflicting info on whether or not we will be able to change or take advantage of any changing area?

Nice job scoring the cabana!

The website is a little misleading about HH. There is food available, just not hot food. Unless this has changed in the last month, this is the menu (someone please chime in with anything more current if it has changed). As an alternative, we mobile ordered from The Market at Ale & Compass and just walked over to pick-it up when ready on our cabana day.

Hope that helps!

Nice job scoring the cabana!

The website is a little misleading about HH. There is food available, just not hot food. Unless this has changed in the last month, this is the menu (someone please chime in with anything more current if it has changed). As an alternative, we mobile ordered from The Market at Ale & Compass and just walked over to pick-it up when ready on our cabana day.

View attachment 532006

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU!

Yes - it all started when I logged into my American Airlines flight to double check confirmation number and realized we had no more non stop to MCO rather it was a 9 hour layover - no thanks - (especially not happening with a 5 year old) - then i found an extra night in a Beach Club studio, coming down one day earlier, switched the flight, and then read that there were cabanas at this pool (had NO idea) and then found one!!

So it went from an "OH NO!" to an "OH YEAH!" in about a week hahaha

But now I just want to make sure I know what I need to know going into it. I like the idea of mobile ordering and picking it up on the way there - the seafood roll looks good too at HH -

This is great - thanks!

i think the public showers are closed at all Disney World hotels. But the bathrooms will be open. I don’t know if YC/BC has other places where you can change clothes.

i think the public showers are closed at all Disney World hotels. But the bathrooms will be open. I don’t know if YC/BC has other places where you can change clothes.

bathroom is fine and dandy - just need to get our suits on and rock and roll!

Just booked a Cabana for next week. I went back and forth on if it is worth it right now, but decided to try it anyways. We have a toddler and extra space/shade with her is important to us. How has SAB been recently? Still plenty of chairs available?

Thinking of booking a cabana for our upcoming trip. Is it worth it right now? My boyfriend isn't a huge pool person but I want to spend half of our day there on our trip. We have a rest day with lunch reservations at Kona at 12pm and then hoping to come back and go to stormalong bay after. Sounds like it may be worth it? Thoughts?

Thinking of booking a cabana for our upcoming trip. Is it worth it right now? My boyfriend isn't a huge pool person but I want to spend half of our day there on our trip. We have a rest day with lunch reservations at Kona at 12pm and then hoping to come back and go to stormalong bay after. Sounds like it may be worth it? Thoughts?

Cabana bookings at the moment are only full day, 10am-7pm... so may not be worth it given your mid-day Kona plan depending on your perspective.

If it's just the two of you, I'd opt for a nice relaxing lunch, leisurely journey back, and just grabbing two chairs when you arrive at SAB and save the $ for something else. Unless you just want to splurge (which is OK too, I've probably done worse!).

Cabana bookings at the moment are only full day, 10am-7pm... so may not be worth it given your mid-day Kona plan depending on your perspective.

If it's just the two of you, I'd opt for a nice relaxing lunch, leisurely journey back, and just grabbing two chairs when you arrive at SAB and save the $ for something else. Unless you just want to splurge (which is OK too, I've probably done worse!).

thank you! I have splurged a ton this trip. I splurged on BC Villas for us already and a be our guest dinner reservation. Trying to make up for the fact we aren’t at euro Disney and splurge a little. Is there a lot of chairs in the shade? I know my boyfriend will probably want to just relax by the pool. We are at the villas so may end up just using that pool but I want to take advantage of storm along bay since I’ve never been and it looks so fun even for us 25ish year olds lol

thank you! I have splurged a ton this trip. I splurged on BC Villas for us already and a be our guest dinner reservation. Trying to make up for the fact we aren’t at euro Disney and splurge a little. Is there a lot of chairs in the shade? I know my boyfriend will probably want to just relax by the pool. We are at the villas so may end up just using that pool but I want to take advantage of storm along bay since I’ve never been and it looks so fun even for us 25ish year olds lol
There are plenty of chairs in the shade, so you will be fine. :)

Snagged a good deal on Priceline the other day for the Yacht Club for a portion of our upcoming trip in early November. Staying Friday, November 6th through Wednesday, November 11th. Always love finding ways to make it back to the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts!

So cabana is worth it to us when we have our godson with us and shade and comfort are important. It is easy to get him to relax when he can enjoy shade away from others, music to listen too and a little Disney TV to watch. When it is just my wife and I we found it really not worth the price for just 2 of us because we tend to spend more time in the pool than out of the pool when it is just us. We haven't done it post covid, but before covid we have done it a couple of times with the little guy and the service was fantastic, the location is great and the drinks and desert trays are incredible. If you have kids I say do it, but if your boyfriend is not a huge pool person...he may not think it is of great value.

Planning a stay at the Yacht Club in January. I know the Friendship boats have not started running, hopefully they will be back by then. But, if not, I am concerned about my elderly parents and the walk to the Studios. Is Disney currently running buses from Yacht and Beach to the Studios?

Planning a stay at the Yacht Club in January. I know the Friendship boats have not started running, hopefully they will be back by then. But, if not, I am concerned about my elderly parents and the walk to the Studios. Is Disney currently running buses from Yacht and Beach to the Studios?

No buses. Disney’s provided transportation method to DHS at the moment (other than walking) is the Skyliner. Definitely not the most ideal situation when mobility concerns are in play.

You can use Uber/Lyft/taxi if you won’t have a car.

Page 1705

There are more changes at B&C, including new costumes/uniforms, which look very boring and dull, IMO. The theming does not match to a soda fountain, especially those newsboy caps! I feel sorry for the female CMs, who need to wear those outfits. The shirt fabric is very thin and semi-transparent, making their bra visible (notably visible on another blog, which is not allowed to be posted on the DIS). I usually think that Disney’s costume designers do an excellent job, but not this time. A couple more changes noted in the article, as well as photos.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ext-visit-to-disney-worlds-beaches-and-cream/

Thanks for sharing these posts about the reopenings and changes at the resort.

Note to self to update page 1 when I get a chance.

:thanks:

Thanks! Our dates are October 21-24. So excited!!!

Got it!

I'll update the listing with your dates.

Almost time!!!

:woohoo:

Just found out our waitlist came through last night for BCV beginning of November. Literally have waitlisted this every year we owned DVC, and this is the first time it came through. It has been about 6-years since we stayed at BCV, so looking forward to that POOL!!!

:welcome: to the thread and the resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

How is Yacht Club since reopening. We are thinking of making our week at pop into a split stay with Pop and ending with 3 nights at YC. It would be a garden view room. Are there any suggestions on Garden Views that may also have a partial view of the lake or pool? Would love to have a partial water view that is considered a garden view. Do all the rooms have a balcony or will there be a chance we don't get one?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Is it a Beach Club Villa split stay with POP?

:goodvibes

We can, but complimentary transport would be better!
I would highly recommend scooters - they are a life saver for any with mobility issues. Disney has a preferred vendor who will drop the scooter at your resort and then at the end pick it up there. (Other vendor will do the same but you need to be there for delivery/pickup for those). Renting from the preferred vendor for a week is less $$ than renting one at the parks every day.

I automatically rent a scooter for any Disney trip - this is really the only place I use one, but for the number of miles we usually put on in the week, there is no way I could manage with my knees and back issues otherwise.

My travel agent actually recommended this after I had knee surgery one trip. Her reasoning was this: "Disney wants you to have the best time you can while you are there.... if you are in pain, or totally worn out, you will not have the best time you can. And from their perspective, you also will not spend as much time in the parks, (or spend as much money!), so it's a win win. The public transportation, parks and most attractions gladly accommodate mobility devices, so there really shouldn't be any stigma about using one. If you need it, you will enjoy yourself... if not, you may end up not having such a great time."

Take a look at this website: https://www.scooterbug.com/book-orlando-ecv/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter