Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for the info. I would like them to get scooters, but they are proud and independent and my 81-year-old folks say scooters are "for old people".
Ha ha ha, never argue with a senior - you can't win!

But maybe talk about how many other folks use them that are NOT old people at Disney, just because of the distance between rides, restaurants, bathrooms, etc. Better to be fresh and eager for the next adventure than worn out from walking what seems like miles crisscrossing parks.....

They will be amazed at how many folks use scooters there. We usually put on over 20,000 steps a day, and that's with taking a break during mid-day (when the parks had normal hours...) perhaps you could practice with them by doing laps at the local mall.... so they get an idea of how much walking a Disney trip involves.

And having someone in the group that can't keep up slows down the whole group.

And if they don't feel they need to use one that day, heck leave it behind, but my philosophy is "it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Good luck!!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Is it a Beach Club Villa split stay with POP?

:goodvibes

We will be at Beach Club Villas 10/27-10/31. We start our stay at POP on 10/24. We can not wait!

Another question for everyone. We are planning on doing grocery delivery when we arrive at POP. When we transfer to BCV will any cold items be stored properly? OR should we consider doing two deliveries, one at Pop for non perishables and then any cold items when we get to BCV?

Besides having a Keurig in the room, I like to get up before others in my group and go have coffee. What is open for coffee or expresso drinks at YC or close by?

We will be at Beach Club Villas 10/27-10/31. We start our stay at POP on 10/24. We can not wait!

Another question for everyone. We are planning on doing grocery delivery when we arrive at POP. When we transfer to BCV will any cold items be stored properly? OR should we consider doing two deliveries, one at Pop for non perishables and then any cold items when we get to BCV?

Yes! We just did this last week. They asked us when the picked up our luggage if we had any items to be refrigerated and it was no issue at all! We went from Beach Club to Boardwalk.

We are doing a split stay between BCV and Pop the first week of Nov. Anyone know if bell services still moving bags between resorts? If not can we bring our bags on the skyliner and transfer them ourselves?

TIA

Page 1706-1708

Must be a popular weekend on here. Wife and I will be at YC Oct 16-19, and have a cabana for the 17th!

:welcome: to the thread!

Happy Cabana Day! (Sorry I didn't have a chance to do this before you arrived. )

I hope your stay is absolutely magical!

:goodvibes

Scheduled for a 1Br BCV for 11/15-11/19 and really looking forward to it! Based on my research, it sounds like the views aren't much to write home about but are there any suggestions for room requests?

Got it!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Good morning! Thank you to everyone who was posting on here prior to our trip! It was very helpful. We went to WDW Sept. 13-20, and work has been super hectic since my return, so I'm just now getting on the DisBoards again!

We absolutely adored the YC and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

I have started a trip report mainly to share our experiences with things since the WDW re-opening, but there are details about YC as well. If anyone would like to read along or has any questions feel free to check it out. It's titled "Retirement Means I'm Going to Disney! The COVID Edition."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/retirement-means-im-going-to-disney-the-covid-edition.3815436/

Thank you so much for your feedback and especially the link to your trip report.

I'll add your link to the Trip Report/Review section on Page 1, Post 16 as I'm sure it has a lot of interesting and useful information about what a trip to WDW staying at the YC is like now.

:thanks:

Is the Compass shop open right now? Anyone know if the Marketplace is open too at BC? TIA

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15 for October.

I believe that both The Market at Ale & Compass (YC) and The Beach Club Marketplace are currently open. Well, not right now. It's 5 am. But later today!

::yes::

I just managed to get a cabana rental for our extra tag on night due to a flight change -
this is our first time at the resort so I've been perusing this thread (so much information)

I know Hurricane Hanna's is not serving grill items (per WDW website) - is that the only food option we can order from in the Cabana? Is there another menu?
Also - I know this is a rudimentary question - we plan on coming straight from the airport and going swimming/pool day all day - I've read conflicting info on whether or not we will be able to change or take advantage of any changing area?

What are the dates of your trip?

As others have indicated, there is a large bathroom near Beaches & Cream. That's where I used to change before they opened the now-closed poolside changing rooms and showers.

:fish:

Snagged a good deal on Priceline the other day for the Yacht Club for a portion of our upcoming trip in early November. Staying Friday, November 6th through Wednesday, November 11th. Always love finding ways to make it back to the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

FYI, Ale & Compass To Go ordering coming soon. This follows Kona Cafe, Sanaa, Olivia’s Cafe, and The Wave, where to go ordering has also recently been added.

View attachment 532311

Thanks for the info!

:thumbsup2

Planning a stay at the Yacht Club in January. I know the Friendship boats have not started running, hopefully they will be back by then. But, if not, I am concerned about my elderly parents and the walk to the Studios. Is Disney currently running buses from Yacht and Beach to the Studios?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

I do hope that it will be safe enough to run the Friendship boats soon.

:boat:

Besides having a Keurig in the room, I like to get up before others in my group and go have coffee. What is open for coffee or expresso drinks at YC or close by?

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

There used to be an early morning coffee station with grab and go pastries open at the Beach Club Solarium early in the morning, 5:30. I'm not sure if it is still there after the period when the BC Marketplace was operating out of that space but has since reopened.

As far as I can tell, the Market at Ale & Compass and BC Marketplace both open at 7, and offer "specialty" coffees. Here is the menu listing for BC Marketplace.

Caffè Latte
Hand-crafted, Fresh-pulled shot of Artisan Roasted Joffrey's Coffee™ fused with Steamed Milk

$3.99

Cappuccino
Hand-crafted, Fresh-pulled shot of Artisan Roasted Joffrey's Coffee™ Espresso blended with Frothed and Steamed Milk

$3.99

Double Espresso
Hand-crafted, Fresh-pulled shot of Artisan Roasted Joffrey's Coffee™ Espresso blended with Frothed and Steamed Milk

$3.49

Espresso

$2.49

☕

Thanks for the dates!

That's a great question. I really don't know. But others do. Keep reading! :sad2:

Will you be sending your belongings, including food, via Disney luggage delivery service (is that still running at the moment- no idea). If so, they will take your stuff and it (used to) moves in the afternoon. You certainly would want to emphasize to the people picking up your things what needs to be kept cold. Then you need to rely on bell services at the receiving resort to realize that some of your things need to be refrigerated.

If you are driving your things over to the resort yourself, and giving it right to bell services, I would have more confidence.

note to self: Please read further in the thread before crafting a long reply.

::yes::

Yes! We just did this last week. They asked us when the picked up our luggage if we had any items to be refrigerated and it was no issue at all! We went from Beach Club to Boardwalk.

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience! Very helpful!

:thumbsup2

We are doing a split stay between BCV and Pop the first week of Nov. Anyone know if bell services still moving bags between resorts? If not can we bring our bags on the skyliner and transfer them ourselves?

TIA

As indicated below, yes, Disney is currently offering luggage transfer service.

I don't believe that guests may bring luggage aboard any of their park transportation vehicles- skyliner, resort boats (when running) or non-DME buses.

:cool2:

It looks like the luggage transfer service between Disney resorts is still being offered.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/is-luggage-transfer-between-resorts-still-happening.3807642/

:thanks:

Last edited:
When is your trip?

There used to be an early morning coffee station with grab and go pastries open at the Beach Club Solarium early in the morning, 5:30. I'm not sure if it is still there after the period when the BC Marketplace was operating out of that space but has since reopened.

As far as I can tell, the Market at Ale & Compass and BC Marketplace both open at 7, and offer "specialty" coffees. Here is the menu listing for BC Marketplace.
Thank you for replying. Potentially it's in December, although I'm uncommitted on location for one, and uncertain if December we can still go. However, I did go ahead and book a room only reservation, and make park reservations. Admittedly, going back and forth on switching to CR or CSR, though.

With your advice on the Market at Ale and Compass, I went onto mydisneyexperience and then to Yacht Club restaurants, and best I can tell it appears to be open for business.

I've just booked for our honeymoon (Covid bride on my third date for my wedding so everyone fingers crossed!). We've booked 8 nights in September 11-19th. We were really torn between here and French Quarter, however a pretty great deal came up for UK guests finishing on the 12th Sept so we just decided to go for it! 2 nights free and $200 gift card. So pretty excited! Last time we were at Disney was 2016 in ASMu and we were poor new graduates, so it's quite an upgrade for us!

Hopefully we'll get to go!

I've just booked for our honeymoon (Covid bride on my third date for my wedding so everyone fingers crossed!). We've booked 8 nights in September 11-19th. We were really torn between here and French Quarter, however a pretty great deal came up for UK guests finishing on the 12th Sept so we just decided to go for it! 2 nights free and $200 gift card. So pretty excited! Last time we were at Disney was 2016 in ASMu and we were poor new graduates, so it's quite an upgrade for us!

Hopefully we'll get to go!

:welcome: and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter