Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone have an update as to how busy Stormalong Bay is now? We are planning on going during Thanksgiving week but worry about spacing at the pool. Thanks!

Anyone have an update as to how busy Stormalong Bay is now? We are planning on going during Thanksgiving week but worry about spacing at the pool. Thanks!
It wasn't busy when we were there last week. They have the lounge chairs set in groups of four, and the tables spaced apart. They will limit how many people are in the pool area during busy times, but that wasn't necessary during our trip. We saw plenty of open seats and tables. :)

What is the current status on toiletries at YC? Individual bottles or just the big containers in the shower? Also wondering if they have the individual tubes of body lotion?

Anyone currently at the resort tell me if the TVs in the rooms have the Big10 Network? I’m assuming not (from past stay recollection) but thought I’d check again just to be sure...

So bummed spent 5 hours on the phone rescheduling our trip to next month December 2020 we were suppose to check in tomorrow but due to the storm and the weather forecast for the week we decided to post pone. I guess this should not surprise me this is 2020 after all!!!!

Quick question how is it getting a walk up at beaches and cream can you do take out from there as well.

Quick question how is it getting a walk up at beaches and cream can you do take out from there as well.
You can now join the Walk-Up List from within the MDE app. The ability to walk up is really dependent on the weather and how busy the resort is on any given day.

Select the "Map" icon on the bottom of the app screen, first icon right of the Home Screen icon. Filter your map for Dining and scroll the map to be over the YC.

If you don't sit / dine-in you can't get take out. However you may order select items from to go window.

As a side note: Ale & Compass Restaurant now has To Go via Mobile Ordering so that might be an option.

ETA: Add Mobil Ordering from Ale & Compass.

Dave

Last edited:
Anyone currently at the resort tell me if the TVs in the rooms have the Big10 Network? I’m assuming not (from past stay recollection) but thought I’d check again just to be sure...
They had several different ESPN’s but I did not see a listing for Big 10. (We watched a lot of football last Saturday after Pop was wore out at the park.)

Morning, less than a week til our arrival. Finally! Quick question for those of you that have been on-property since they reopened..

My wife and I typically get up and get a run in before we start our day, usually early (7am) before most folks are out/about. Can anyone confirm if they are requiring masks be worn (or what have people seen) on runners since the reopening - we typically make our way down to HS, back and then around the Lake a few times. Here at home we stick to non-populated areas without masks - I saw on some other threads it's a crap-shoot depending on who you ask but thought I'd check on any recent YC/BC experiences...

Just curious, what, if any guidance folks have seen when it comes to folks running around property during the early hours...

We were there Mid-October and I ran multiple days on the trip - typically 6-7am start time. I did not wear a mask while running nor did my SO when he ran with me. We saw the majority of other runners sans masks as well, although there were a few that had them on. We did have them on our wrists, just in case someone said we couldn't be running without them, but no one said a word about it. In recent weeks, I think they have made mask mandates a bit more strict, so who knows what they are doing now.

Resorts seem to be less strict than the park when it comes to the masks. Just my experience.

Good morning! Leaving the Yacht Club this morning. Have some left over drinks if anyone is interested. 12 pack of Coors Light cans, bottle of Strawberry Moscato, 5 bottles of Gatorade (Strawberry and Orange) and 5 pouches of Honest Kids Apple juice. Leaving in about 1 hour.

Apologies if this has just recently been discussed, but is the Yacht & Beach Club sharing a bus with Boardwalk? Or does it depend on the time of day and crowd levels?

Gonna be there in 2 days (yea!) and wanted to psychologically prepare myself for transportation to/from Magic Kingdom.

There was nothing available for anything we wanted. I found it odd, especially for places that always have openings. I think there maybe still a glitch in the system.

It seems to be working now - or was as of about 10 minutes ago. If you need 2, try 3 or 4. As long as someone shows up you're not penalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter