Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It’s a sign. :goodvibes

After all the bad breaks we've had with the Poly, I'll take what I can get! The gf doesn't have a preference either way, and I kind of want to try a "new" resort, but had a couple of concerns about YC. I have an intense phobia of dogs, is the main one. I'm fine with service animals, because they're always exceptionally well behaved while working, but I'm no good with pet dogs at all. At BC we would avoid that, but lose the guaranteed balcony. I'm genuinely torn!

Will I be kicked out of this thread if I say I haven’t necessarily missed Cape May or its evening fishy smell and would be OK if it stayed closed a little longer?

:duck::crutches:

I’ll see myself out. :-)

I am torn on the reopening date--we enjoy the fishy smell of Cape May and the crab legs, but the low census at BC when we are there in May will be nice too. Then again, we kind of missed the hustle and bustle, but then again. . .quiet. . .*sigh*. But we will miss Cape May unless by some miracle it opens in early May to get up to speed.

Of course BC opens a day after we arrive for our end of May/beginning of June trip (and much to my husbands dismary, WL opens when we will hopefully be about to go for a cruise *cross your fingers*) . At least I know it'll be open for other trips, was getting worried about them (I do LOVE the BC rooms).

We had booked for YC for Dec 2021 (as BC wasn't an option at the time) and my plan was to switch to BC when it became available .... but we've decided to stick with YC for now (being the first bus stop seems good since our main grumble with BC was bus service.)

For those who have stayed YC do you find it noisier in the room with the hard floor than BC with the carpetted floors (since carpet acts as a sound dampener and doesn't reflect noise as much)?

Last edited:
Will I be kicked out of this thread if I say I haven’t necessarily missed Cape May or its evening fishy smell and would be OK if it stayed closed a little longer?

:duck::crutches:

I’ll see myself out. :-)

I'll join you then. That's one of the things giving me pause about BC. I otherwise really enjoyed my short stay there but that smell was the worst...it probably doesn't help that I'm an avowed seafood hater and am sensitive to smells.

Speaking of things giving me pause, I don't mean to start the dreaded Dog Discourse but are they really very present at YC? We are drawing up pros and cons to both resorts and YC is edging out so far but for the pet factor. I did not spend much time there on my BC weekend besides eating at Crew's Cup so I couldn't make a fair assessment. But my phobia really is bad enough that it would be a dealbreaker for me.

I'll join you then. That's one of the things giving me pause about BC. I otherwise really enjoyed my short stay there but that smell was the worst...it probably doesn't help that I'm an avowed seafood hater and am sensitive to smells.

Speaking of things giving me pause, I don't mean to start the dreaded Dog Discourse but are they really very present at YC? We are drawing up pros and cons to both resorts and YC is edging out so far but for the pet factor. I did not spend much time there on my BC weekend besides eating at Crew's Cup so I couldn't make a fair assessment. But my phobia really is bad enough that it would be a dealbreaker for me.

We usually take 3 trips a year & stay at YC each time, usually for 5 -7 nights per trip. We see a dog once in awhile. Certainly not everyday, maybe once or twice a trip. Most dogs are smaller & we have seen them being pushed around in strollers. 🙄. We probably saw more dogs at Disney Springs than we did at YC the last few trips (2019). Is your phobia triggered just seeing a dog? Or is it that you can’t be in close proximity to one? I personally think it is pretty easy to avoid dogs at the resort. The outside walkways are pretty big, so if someone is coming toward you with a dog, you can take a wide pass around them. You can wait for a different elevator if someone with a dog gets on, or take the stairs. They aren’t allowed in restaurants or the market, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that. And if you end up in a room next to one, you can always request a room change. Of course, if someone walking past you in a hotel hallway on a rare occasion will ruin your whole trip, you might want to reconsider. You shouldn’t have any prolonged or close contact with any dog on property as there are very few dogs there & lots of ways to avoid them.

We usually take 3 trips a year & stay at YC each time, usually for 5 -7 nights per trip. We see a dog once in awhile. Certainly not everyday, maybe once or twice a trip. Most dogs are smaller & we have seen them being pushed around in strollers. 🙄. We probably saw more dogs at Disney Springs than we did at YC the last few trips (2019). Is your phobia triggered just seeing a dog? Or is it that you can’t be in close proximity to one? I personally think it is pretty easy to avoid dogs at the resort. The outside walkways are pretty big, so if someone is coming toward you with a dog, you can take a wide pass around them. You can wait for a different elevator if someone with a dog gets on, or take the stairs. They aren’t allowed in restaurants or the market, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that. And if you end up in a room next to one, you can always request a room change. Of course, if someone walking past you in a hotel hallway on a rare occasion will ruin your whole trip, you might want to reconsider. You shouldn’t have any prolonged or close contact with any dog on property as there are very few dogs there & lots of ways to avoid them.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, this is very reassuring. Proximity is the main thing that freaks me out aside from barking, so if I have enough space I should be ok.

@kylenne - Perhaps a topic for another thread, but my most obtrusive/in your face dog moment at WDW to date was at GF Sugarloaf - a non-dog hotel! In the CL lounge for that matter. Much to the adoration of the CL CMs. :oops:

Anyway, to answer your question - I’ll occasionally see a dog or two or three at YC. I saw more than normal at YC over Labor Day weekend, but I chalked it up more guests who drove so can bring Fido along, shorter park hours so they’re not leaving Fido alone for hours on end, and a holiday weekend with potentially shorter stays. And I would say a good chunk of those sightings were when I was out running in the early AM.

Generally speaking (key word) I see more service dogs across property than I do pets at YC.

Normally I am very sensitive to smells. However, I have been in BC lobby many times and I have never noticed a fishy smell from Cape May Cafe OR a lovely smell which people like so much they search out products with the same scent. If debating YC or BC, I personally would not use “smells” as a criteria.

I know other people have different opinions.

Normally I am very sensitive to smells. However, I have been in BC lobby many times and I have never noticed a fishy smell from Cape May Cafe OR a lovely smell which people like so much they search out products with the same scent. If debating YC or BC, I personally would not use “smells” as a criteria.

I know other people have different opinions.

I'd concur with this. I am super sensitive to smells. I'm actually allergic to 99% of perfumes and most Scentsy things for example I've gotten. I hate cooking fish at home because the smell bothers me, however I've never noticed a fishy smell in the BC lobby or the area of Cape May. To my knowledge they use the same scent products that Contemporary/BLT uses, which is an amazing smell! One of the few I'm not allergic to!

We had booked for YC for Dec 2021 (as BC wasn't an option at the time) and my plan was to switch to BC when it became available .... but we've decided to stick with YC for now (being the first bus stop seems good since our main grumble with BC was bus service.)

For those who have stayed YC do you find it noisier in the room with the hard floor than BC with the carpetted floors (since carpet acts as a sound dampener and doesn't reflect noise as much)?

I haven’t stayed at BC in what seems like forever (but have at other WDW carpeted resorts), have stayed at YC several times. I don’t personally find the hard flooring adds to any additional noise level over normal hotel noise (plumbing, thumps, doors, etc), from my experience. I do find it a little harder to keep quiet in our room though. I usually get up before everyone else to go run or get coffee and my family complains I’m noisy trying to tip toe around. 😐

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter