Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks.

Not sure how I feel about it. I do like that little one under the globe, and maybe the smaller ones at the seating groups, but wow, that main one is big. And I picture it in the rainy season, sopping wet and muddy from all the guest shoes tromping over it. Hmmm...

I actually kind of feel like the pictures don't do it justice. I really liked it in person. I think it made the lobby much more modern looking, though I hadn't seen it in person before, only pictures.

I agree the one under the globe is my favorite. It's so perfectly fit!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think those blue swirls are really in the nautical theme, unless they represent a raging wind swept sea. I don't remember the old carpets, but to me, that's really the way decorating should be - blending in so well, they don't smack you in the face.

Sorry, I'm probably in the minority here.

The Skyliner is fun to ride, more fun than a lot of the rides at the parks. It is worth it for the fun factor. Plus, if you just miss a boat and are staying at the BC, then it is a nice way to get back from HS. :)
That's our thought too. We're going to treat Skyliner as a "fun ride". Maybe a post lunch ride, easy on the tummy and a chance to relax and see a few things.

Now that we are staying at BC, we'll likely walk to EPCOT and DHS and bus to MK. We fell in love with the YC/BC and Boardwalk area when we were there for NYE 2017/18. We did MK fireworks the day before and EPCOT on NYE proper. A cast member told us to watch from the bridge by England and France and when the fireworks were over, pop out the international gateway and walk to DHS and pick up a bus to our hotel there. Instead of a 2-3 hour wait using the EPCOT bus area, we were back at our hotel (ASM) in 45 minutes. 30 minute walk to DHS and right onto a bus. That area off the International Gateway is awesome !!

FYI you can see all the available mobile order restaurants and their menus in the MDE app. Just press the + sign at the bottom center of the screen then select 'Order Food' or at least this is how to do it on an iPhone.

Is Beaches and Cream extremely popular or very socially distanced because of it's size? I was checking for reservations and I think my first night only 6:40p and 9:15p was available and another night only 9:30p was available. (probably not a good time to eat a No Way Jose shortly before bed)

Is Beaches and Cream extremely popular or very socially distanced because of it's size? I was checking for reservations and I think my first night only 6:40p and 9:15p was available and another night only 9:30p was available. (probably not a good time to eat a No Way Jose shortly before bed)
Beaches and Cream has been extremely busy lately, especially at night. It follows the rules for social distance and it has included the outdoor tables for additional dining. :)

Is the grill at the pool (Hurricane Hannah’s) still closed? If not, any ideas on when it will open?

We are returning to our home away from home at BCV in late May/early June and love hanging out at the pool and eating a late lunch after rope dropping one of the parks.

Is the grill at the pool (Hurricane Hannah’s) still closed? If not, any ideas on when it will open?

We are returning to our home away from home at BCV in late May/early June and love hanging out at the pool and eating a late lunch after rope dropping one of the parks.

Still closed. No word on when it's opening. I really would have loved some fries by the pool.

Has anyone else noticed that our cute countdown tickers in our signatures have disappeared.... I've tried recreating mine over and over, with no luck... did the DIS removed these or is it another glitch?

Just got back from a long weekend. Everything was great. Saturday was a little chilly, but sunday was sunny and warm.
We asked for a room close to the pool, and got a room about 10 steps away. As a result, my kids hardly ever left the villas pool.

Oddly, my kids (6 kids) did not love stormalong bay. It was a fun novelty, but they complained that:

The slide exit is far from the entrance, taking you outside of the pool area, crossing the main walkway, then back to another pool area. And the slide was not all that fast.

The sand pool was ankle deep. The lazy river was deep, but not sutable for jumping in.

All the pools were so small, you are constantly going in and out and in and out. and if its not really hot outside, you go from warm to freezing to warm to freezing.

As a parent with 6 kids, there is nowhere to sit where you can see even a small section of stormalong bay all at once. Sure, lots of life guards, and I feel safe enough, but the layout, especially with all those darn bridges, makes any parent nervous.

So yes, they just stayed in the villa pool. It was almost always empty anyway, so nobody to complain about cannonballs!

Has anyone else noticed that our cute countdown tickers in our signatures have disappeared.... I've tried recreating mine over and over, with no luck... did the DIS removed these or is it another glitch?

Going by a few threads on the Tech Board, it seems to have been an issue for the last few months.

Not really sure what they’ve done on the tech side of the boards, but you're definitely not alone in having a problem with tickers.

If anyone is having problems with signatures or anything else (eg, there are some issues going on right now with BB-codes, links, etc), I'd encourage you to e-mail: admin@wdwinfo.com

Thanks!

Page 1761

We decided to pull the trigger for this June. We were waiting on news about the Yacht Club Regatta Club reopening...

One of the rooms showing available is the 1BR suite at Beach Club. I saw a video online showing 2 sofa beds - 1 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The Disney site only says 1 sofa bed. Any recent stays knowing which it is?

With our young adult kids (1 girl, 1 boy) - they definitely don't want to share a sofa bed!

thanks

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I have stayed in a BC 1BR.

Thank you so much for all the info on the 1 Bedroom Suites, and particularly for the helpful diagram and pictures!

Question for you, or anyone who knows the answer:

When I started managing this thread, the 1 Bedroom Suites were only available for parties of 3 or fewer results. I totally missed the occupancy change. When did this happen? With the BC remodel in 2015?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

What is the current dining situation like at YC/BC for non-reservation options? I'm spoiled by WL for having Geyser Point and Roaring Fork readily available.
I don't mind going to Boardwalk but I like staying within a resort if possible.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip? YC or BCV?

:cool2:

Do they still have those pool cabanas out during this or no? Would think they’re not needed?

Also, is the pool area crowded these days? Would think not given no Beach Club hotel side and sparse Yacht club occupancy,

:welcome: to this forum.

Do you have an upcoming trip?

Yes, pool cabanas are still available at Stormalong Bay. Although having a guaranteed seating area is one of the reasons people rent them, many also like the shade and amenities provided.

I haven't been to the resort, so I can only comment about the crowds at the pool that others have reported. Other than a couple of crowded holiday weekends, there has always been space and seating at the pool. Especially now, during the winter months, I can't imagine having any issues finding a spot.

Are the recreation CMs still helping people find loungers poolside?

:fish:

Last edited:
Page 1762

So we now have two BCV trips booked.
First is June 25- July 2. Next trip is week of Thanksgiving 20-27 Th.
Does anyone know if they still offer a topper for the pull out ? Or is it wisest to bring my own air mattress topper?

Got it!

If you want the mattress topper, you probably shouldn't chance it and bring your own.

::yes::

I just booked my family's first stay at Beach Club Villas for August 21-26! Very excited to have snagged the reservation.

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Dee-Can you add me to the BOG list?

YC-4/5-9 My 1st Solo trip. Not 100% by choice though. :/

Sure thing!

:cool2:

We are staying at the Beach Club Villas from Jan 30 - Feb 8. We will be the ones (hopefully) to hand our Green Bay Packer Banner somewhere on our balcony!! First time staying at the Villas.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

Go PACK Go!!!

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Sorry about last week's game. We have a Packers fan staying with us this spring- my son's college roommate and best friend. Sunday night was a rough one here.

:sad1:

Thanks! I'm having a wonderful trip! The lockers seem to be closed. I have been just leaving my stuff on a chair and circling back to check on it. Things are pretty quiet here this week.
Almost ready to book Beach club for a September trip. We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge but think we'd like to try something different. We see proximity to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Skyliner as plusses.

Anyone with both WL and Beach Club experience? Pros/Cons? Any other tips appreciated.

:welcome:

Hope you were able to get the input you were looking for.

Did you ask this question on the WL thread, too? I'll have to go over there and see if there are any comments there I can add to the comparisons that have been posted here.

I see that you did book your September trip, so I will add you to the list.

:dogdance:

My family loves them both! WL is just a short boat ride to MK, but is just far enough away that you truly feel like you are escaping the hustle and bustle of the entire area. The theming is amazing there, and I cannot wait to try out Geyser Point!

Having said that, BCV is our home resort and we love being in the middle of everything there. To be honest, I was afraid that the Skyliner would ruin the experience there with the disrupted sight lines and increased traffic, but we didn't experience any of that went we last winter. That may change as you'll be there right in the middle of Food and Wine....

Hey friend!

Hello, and thanks so much for your comments!

:thumbsup2

Does the in-room dining at YC come from the Ale & Compass kitchen?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip here booked?

:goodvibes

[:welcome:

Hope you were able to get the input you were looking for.

Did you ask this question on the WL thread, too? I'll have to go over there and see if there are any comments there I can add to the comparisons that have been posted here.

I see that you did book your September trip, so I will add you to the list.

:dogdance:
========================
Yes....got tons of help and info. Disboards is awesome for planning. Did not ask the question on the WL board. Felt like we know that resort well enough, as it has been our go to for a while. Really looking forward to BC. Its location, ambiance, eats, and pool look awesome. I'll be here a lot for planning tips.
For all the times we've been to WDW, even being AP holders when we lived in Orlando in the 90s, we have never been there for the Food and Wine Festival. Can't wait to 'eat my way around the world".

Thanks for adding us to the list. Hopefully we can find others that will be there at the same time and we can meet up for a drink or a Mickey Bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter