Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks @jemtx for the heads up! This is now posted on Disney’s reopening info page for BCV/YC. Little short notice there, eh Disney?

Starting in February 2021, the Stormalong Bay waterslide will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Stormalong Bay and the other 3 pools at Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will remain open.

Before long, the Stormalong Bay waterslide will be back with its treasured 230-foot-long plunge that begins on the mast of a pirate shipwreck.

Thanks @jemtx for the heads up! This is now posted on Disney’s reopening info page for BCV/YC. Little short notice there, eh Disney?

Starting in February 2021, the Stormalong Bay waterslide will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Stormalong Bay and the other 3 pools at Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will remain open.

Before long, the Stormalong Bay waterslide will be back with its treasured 230-foot-long plunge that begins on the mast of a pirate shipwreck.
Wow, super short notice—yes. I wonder how far in advance they planned it or if something broke? I just need to know how long the closure is planned for. I would hate to reschedule another trip. I know it’s just a slide, but...

Hope that 'soon' means open by April!

I just booked a garden view room at YC for May 17 - May 22. My husband and I have never stayed at YC before, so we’re excited to try this resort! What room requests should I make to try to get the best view?

Question about the TVs. It's been a while since I've stayed in a BC Villa. Are you able to put a fire stick in the back of the TV and use it while there? Trying to think about after parks closed activities we can do and would love to watch movies/shows with the fam.

Last edited:
Question about the TVs. It's been a while since I've stayed in a BW Villa. Are you able to put a fire stick in the back of the TV and use it while there? Trying to think about after parks closed activities we can do and would love to watch movies/shows with the fam.
Yes....Even in a BCV Villa. :rolleyes1 All TVs have HDMI ports.

We’re on ME on the way to the YC! 🤩
Assigned room 3001. Looks like quite a hike! LOL!

Enjoy your trip!

Not sure the hike can get any further at YC. But it has a great view! If I’m not mistaken that room is slightly larger/a nonstandard layout and has the balcony plus a second wall of windows.

We’re on ME on the way to the YC! 🤩
Assigned room 3001. Looks like quite a hike! LOL!
You could call or stop by the Front desk and ask if anything else is available be for you make that walk to the end of the building.

But if you don't mind the stairs you are near the secrete exit at the YC. That is if you are OK with 3 flights of stairs with no elevator delays due to social distancing.

Dave

Our trip to Beach Club is still a long way off but I am obsessively planning. We have a standard room booked. Is it worth requesting a certain area or do all standard rooms have plusses and minuses? Kind of like the idea of the short walk to EPCOT and DHS. Not sure if the rooms on the outer edges have any walking advantage or if its just best to be as close to the lobby area as possible. We tend to prefer quiet over everything else. If any BC regulars have suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

(Fingers crossed....we do get a little lucky catching upgrades. Last time we were at WL, we chatted up the person at check in. Turned out they grew up about 10 miles from where I did in Pittsburgh. She bumped us from a standard room to a Courtyard view room. )

You could call or stop by the Front desk and ask if anything else is available be for you make that walk to the end of the building.

But if you don't mind the stairs you are near the secrete exit at the YC. That is if you are OK with 3 flights of stairs with no elevator delays due to social distancing.

Dave

we kept it and it’s huge! We have 3 boys, 17,10, and 8 so the extra room is nice!

Attachments

• A35F78F7-7936-44B9-9A57-D43373A34606.jpeg
    A35F78F7-7936-44B9-9A57-D43373A34606.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 133
  • AD0450B0-2E32-4C6A-9AB3-16922432204D.jpeg
    AD0450B0-2E32-4C6A-9AB3-16922432204D.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DCD6D799-923E-4C81-96D6-228B8C8B509C.jpeg
    DCD6D799-923E-4C81-96D6-228B8C8B509C.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 6A51E4C3-BEA3-4D8E-9974-058EA9E26485.jpeg
    6A51E4C3-BEA3-4D8E-9974-058EA9E26485.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 684F6FC9-E8DC-4806-A9C4-781AA87C5E5E.jpeg
    684F6FC9-E8DC-4806-A9C4-781AA87C5E5E.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 105

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter