Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all! It's been a VERY long time since I posted here (stupid work gets in the way of my Disboarding). We are arriving Saturday for a 7 night stay in a 1 bed at BCV. BC is my FAVORITE resort on property and I'm so excited to stay there again. I stayed at BCV twice in the fall and I can't wait to be back at my happy place. We rented a cabana for next Thursday....kinda bummed that the slide will be closed but that won't damper my spirits at SAB. Dee, would you like a cabana report? I am more than happy to answer any questions while I'm there about anything BC related.

I'm not Dee but would love a Cabana report. We have one reserved for a day for our May trip and anything you could fill in would be amazing. Thank you in advance!

Sad morning. Our airline cancelled our March and April flights, so even though the border closure hasn’t been officially extended yet, it looks like we’re not going anywhere interesting until at least May. We have an end of May YC trip booked, so here’s hoping things look different by then. Sigh.

Crying along with you!

This morning, for the second year in a row, we cancelled (postponed) our dream family spring break trip to Costa Rica. :(

Hoping we are able to go in late December or early January if the boys' schedules allow.

:hug:

Last edited:

Hi all! It's been a VERY long time since I posted here (stupid work gets in the way of my Disboarding). We are arriving Saturday for a 7 night stay in a 1 bed at BCV. BC is my FAVORITE resort on property and I'm so excited to stay there again. I stayed at BCV twice in the fall and I can't wait to be back at my happy place. We rented a cabana for next Thursday....kinda bummed that the slide will be closed but that won't damper my spirits at SAB. Dee, would you like a cabana report? I am more than happy to answer any questions while I'm there about anything BC related.

Thanks for the offer. I may send you on a couple of photo missions- the one I really need is the February activities/movie schedule board in the lobby.

:goodvibes

Hey everyone! It’s been ages since I’ve posted here, but I’m back. Well, sort of. Need to get some thoughts (and maybe some sympathy :rolleyes:). I’ve had a package in my cart to stay at the YC in March, been there for weeks, but my mom convinced me to wait to actual book until I got my second dose of the vaccine (no idea why, but I’m totally blaming her for this now). So I waited, and finally went to book today, and of course whomp whomp, my cart is empty. When I went to go add it back the discounted rooms are all gone and it’s over $1k more now for the same trip. Ugh. Can’t justify that price increase, so I guess I’ll have to see what else is available. Anyone think there is be a chance rooms maaaay become available again? I was so looking forward to getting back to my home resort and I don’t want to give up hope just yet!

Magic 8 ball says the outlook is cloudy. On a serious note all you can do is to keep checking as guests are always changing plans.

In the future ignore your mom and book the reservation. You can always cancel with the current WDW flexible policies.

Dave

Availability is changing all the time. It’s definitely worth to keep checking once or twice a day. Good luck.

Magic 8 ball says the outlook is cloudy. On a serious note all you can do is to keep checking as guests are always changing plans.

In the future ignore your mom and book the reservation. You can always cancel with the current WDW flexible policies.

Dave
Availability is changing all the time. It’s definitely worth to keep checking once or twice a day. Good luck.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm now wondering if there is something going on with the website. I was playing around with other dates in my cart, and suddenly got a prompt to select my dining plan, so something seems off since I'm pretty sure dining plans aren't available right now. :rotfl:

Going to wait until tomorrow, hopefully things are back to normal and rooms are available again!

The site can definitely be wacky. I’ve had it sign me in to the Canada version or log me off. Maybe try logging off and back on. I usually have the best luck with the regular web version rather than the app.

Excited to be staying at BCV! We arrive NEXT SUNDAY 🥳🥳🥳 We will be there for our little princess' 👸 5th birthday! (2/28-3/6)

Any suggestions for the room requests for check in? I selected "near elevator" because when we stated at BWV last trip it seemed like a 3 mile hike from elevator to our room through winding halls.
Our priorities will be accessing the big pool and park transportation (which on the map seem to be opposite directions)

Thanks for all the info here, I've really enjoyed reading along!

Last edited:
Any suggestions for the room requests for check in? I selected "near elevator" because when we stated at BWV last trip it seemed like a 3 mile hike from elevator to our room through winding halls.
Near elevator is a good request. BCV hallways aren't quite as long and winding as BWV, though. And the fire exits can get you outside so you can get out of the hallways for your walk to parks and pools. :)

I'm coming back! Total change of plans, going in April now, but was able to get a discount then so worth pushing the trip back. Additional plus, now I may actually get the ADRs I want!

Dee, can you add me to the BOG list, April 25th-29th at the YC. Thanks!

Page 1769

How many of you do a room request? Also what are some things you request? Do you just do it on the app or call Disney? We are going to be at YC mid March.

There's a section on Page 1, Post 13 regarding requests.

For Beach Club, I always request a full balcony (not necessary with the Yacht Club)

If you want a daybed in the room, you could request that.

Location preferences can differ from family to family- close to (or away from) elevators, close to lobby (bus stop/pool/etc), high floor, low floor.

I have always made my room requests through the Central Reservations Office phone number.

:thumbsup2

From The Disney Food Blog, info and photo for burger and chicken sandwich options, which are available in addition to menu offerings noted on Disney's site:

View attachment 554476

Thank you so much for posting this picture.

:goodvibes

Tasmen...I thought I'd bump this up so you can get an idea of the food choices...

Holy Carp!!!

Thank you for posting those pictures. Everything looks fantastic!!!

😋

Officially booked at the BC for June 8-13th. Been a while and can't wait to be back!! Just my lovely wife and I for our 30th wedding anniversary and first trip with just the two of us since 1997!! Our honeymoon was at WDW (Grand Floridian) so all things come full circle!!

Jay

:welcome: back, my bud!

Great choice- Mark and I celebrated our 30th at the resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

And I'll try to catch up with you over the weekend.

Dee

:woohoo:

Just throwing out an update from our trip (we came home Friday). The exterior painting by the Dune's cove pool should be done by the end of the month to the beginning of March. That will open the sidewalk on the parking lot side of the pool. Painting will then finish on a small area on the parking lot side of the BCV building. In the corners you will still see construction as more indepth work needs to be done with the supports to the overhangs in the corners. We had a super informative chat with one of the imagineers about this project. Also, as we were leaving we walked past the Cape May restaurant and a Chef was in there setting up a limited type buffet. I asked if they would be opening soon and his response was that they were doing a tasting for the future. When I zoomed in on the picture I took, all of the items were in there own package and the the ones I could see clearly were desserts. So I think they were using the space to taste test items for the BC market place. Purely speculation. Anyone else walk by last Friday about 12:30????

There are two sets of elevators at BCV (one with three and another with just one - that one is close to the parking lot). Stormalong Bay will be far from nearly every villa at BCV since the villas were built behind the BC resort on the old cast member parking lot. BCV is much smaller than BWV. To catch a bus to the theme parks, you'll need to either walk along the sidewalk between the villas and the villas parking lot or through the courtyard and come out by the Solarium then cross over to the walkway to the bus. It's no longer than walking to the BW bus stop from the villas.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm now wondering if there is something going on with the website. I was playing around with other dates in my cart, and suddenly got a prompt to select my dining plan, so something seems off since I'm pretty sure dining plans aren't available right now. :rotfl:

Going to wait until tomorrow, hopefully things are back to normal and rooms are available again!

My standard reaction is: (a) delete your cookies, (b) try a different web browser. I find that Chrome works better than Firefox for the Disneyworld website.

Excited to be staying at BCV! We arrive NEXT SUNDAY

Our priorities will be accessing the big pool and park transportation (which on the map seem to be opposite directions)

I got a room near the elevator once and couldn't stand the noise. I could hear the elevator whirring as well as the bell dinging every time the elevator reached the floor. My advice is to never select "near elevator" at BCV unless you have mobility issues.

Also, the general consensus is that the options at online check-in are worthless. Sometimes they offer options which don't even apply to your hotel. If you made a cash reservation through Disney, call 407-W-DISNEY to make a room request. If you are staying on DVC points, the DVC member needs to contact DVC Member Services to make the request (email, chat or call).

To get to the bus for MK and AK: if you go out the entrance of BCV, you don't have to go inside the BC building. There is a path where you walk outside past the BC entrance and continue on to the bus stop.

There is no bus to Epcot; there is a shortcut for walking once you get outside the BCV building.

There is no bus to DHS; either you walk to DHS or walk to the boat launch (which is toward YC) or walk to pick up the Skyliner near Epcot (but it does not go directly to DHS).

Word of warning, and maybe it was because it was a holiday weekend and it’s not normally that bad. We wanted to ride on the skyliner because we love it. We were at YC this past weekend. We grabbed breakfast at BC marketplace one morning and decided to walk to skyliner to get to DHS. This was for park opening. When we got to the switch station The wait for the skyliner to DHS was 25 min! We stayed at POP a year ago and never had that kind of wait so we were surprised!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter