• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are starting our trip at Poly, I'm so happy with the renos, especially having Hei Hei a coffee buddy :)
We have a similar trip a few weeks later. I've started some planning but keep switching ideas around. Plenty of time to finalize though!

Page 1785-1787

:welcome: to this thread!

Are you staying at YC or BCV?

The cabanas do seem pretty popular, and as others have pointed out, since there are only 4 of them, they can book quickly. If you are interested, you probably should book at the 60 day mark.

:cool2:
Thank you! I'll definitely make sure to reserve on the 60 day mark. We are staying at BCV from May 14-22. :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.
:)
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the add. If we go, and I think it is likely, we will be at the Beach Club June 19-26 with a great PIN code deal. My in-laws will also tag along but I haven't seen any discounted BC rooms available in ages. They are currently booked at the YC.

Thanks for this thread! We are joining the club. Just moved our reservation to the Yacht Club May 8-16. First time staying in a deluxe, got a good rate with the AP discount, very excited. We are normally Pop Century people, with a moderate thrown in from time to time. But when you reschedule your trip 3 times in the last year (originally April 2020), and it now lands on your 40th birthday week, it's time for a splurge. :) So much info in this thread has answered all of my questions so far. Excited for Stormalong Bay and walking to EP and HS.

Assuming that BC opening goes off w/out a hitch on 5/30, when would everyone guess that we’d hear anything about what other restaurants (Hannah’s grill, cape May, etc.) might open?

We took the MK bus from the BC this past Thursday and we had to wait about 20 minutes for it, but we had arrived 65 minutes before park opening, which might have made a difference. We had taken the MK bus from the BC stop back in October and January with very little wait.

We have taken park buses from both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club our last three trips and the Yacht Club has a much better line system than the Beach Club. The Yacht Club has clearly marked lines for the Magic Kingdom bus and the Animal Kingdom bus with "stand here" markers on the ground, spaced at least 6 feet apart. The Beach Club doesn't have any markers on the ground. It is the same old system of everyone bunching together, trying the keep some sort of line and frowning at people who cut ahead of you. I wish the Beach Club would adopt the system that the Yacht Club uses.
Are YC and BC still sharing buses?

Assuming that BC opening goes off w/out a hitch on 5/30, when would everyone guess that we’d hear anything about what other restaurants (Hannah’s grill, cape May, etc.) might open?
Tough question. I’ll start off by saying that I never thought Big River Grill would reopen on the BW. I was wrong. Not Disney owned, but still pleasantly surprised! I think HHs grill has a better chance of opening before Cape May. Cape May is designed for a buffet and I know they can repurpose the space, but it will be determined by safety protocol first and then demand for people wanting or being comfortable to go to restaurants.
I also think that the Yachtsman Steakhouse will open later vs. sooner.
When conventions start up in earnest thats when it will open.

Thanks for this thread! We are joining the club. Just moved our reservation to the Yacht Club May 8-16. First time staying in a deluxe, got a good rate with the AP discount, very excited. We are normally Pop Century people, with a moderate thrown in from time to time. But when you reschedule your trip 3 times in the last year (originally April 2020), and it now lands on your 40th birthday week, it's time for a splurge. :) So much info in this thread has answered all of my questions so far. Excited for Stormalong Bay and walking to EP and HS.

Oof, I feel your pain but congrats on the new plans! I will also be down for my 40th birthday in May though the actual day I will still be at GF, then move to YC. You are in for a real treat, BC/YC is a lovely resort complex and perfect as a home base during festival season. I hope you enjoy your big day!

Oof, I feel your pain but congrats on the new plans! I will also be down for my 40th birthday in May though the actual day I will still be at GF, then move to YC. You are in for a real treat, BC/YC is a lovely resort complex and perfect as a home base during festival season. I hope you enjoy your big day!
Couldn't think of a better place to turn 40...if we can't avoid it. 😉 Hope you enjoy your big day as well!

Are YC and BC still sharing buses?
They were in January so assume they are now but I’ll defer to more recent experiences.
The morning park buses do not share between the resorts, except when they send an extra "pickup bus" to get people who didn't make it on the first bus. Every morning bus that we took to MK or AK in the morning only went to one resort, except for the one time we were on the pickup bus, which had gone to BC first, then to YC. We took buses from both YC and BC because we often went to BC for breakfast at the marketplace. The afternoon buses went to both resorts.

The return buses, from park to resort, went to both YC and BC. :)

We were there in October, January and March and the bus situation stayed the same for us for all three trips.

Just upgraded my original reservation from Cbr to Yacht Club as a surprise for a quick "sisters" getaway (5/14-5/18).
First time staying at Yacht Club and under the room discount there really wasn't much available. I'm booked in a garden/woods view and put in a room request through touring plans but which area is best to request?
I didn't put in any room requests through mde because it only offers ground floor of king bed. Prefer to have two queen sized beds since I'm traveling with my sister and not my husband lol

From what I have been told and experienced in recent cabana bookings, the AP/DVC discount has blackout dates. It may be most or all weekends at this point, I’m not sure. Definitely holidays. I am somewhat suspect if it has been removed altogether - will report if I find anything different in upcoming bookings.

We were able to book a cabana Saturday 4/10 with a DVC discount a few weeks ago. We were inside the 60 days. We had tried to book 4/11 but that day was unavailable.

interesting enough, during our last trip, which was a 30 anniversary trip last October, none of the cabanas were booked on a Friday and one of the cast members offered one to us as a lot of pixie dust on our arrival day. Apparently there was a glitch in the system as we heard people had tried to book but were told they were unavailable so definitely check when you are on site as well.

Someone else asked about when DVC rooms were generally available. We arrived 9 am on our aforementioned trip. We did have a room request for a quiet pool view. Our room was not available until 6 pm...we had dinner reservations at B&C at 6:15 so the timing was very awkward for us. We didn’t get settled in our room until 8:30 and had dinner at B&C in our swimsuits and cover ups. YMMV especially if you don’t put in room requests but we thought 6pm was a little extreme. We were grateful we had the cabana to hang out in for the day.

Tough question. I’ll start off by saying that I never thought Big River Grill would reopen on the BW. I was wrong. Not Disney owned, but still pleasantly surprised! I think HHs grill has a better chance of opening before Cape May. Cape May is designed for a buffet and I know they can repurpose the space, but it will be determined by safety protocol first and then demand for people wanting or being comfortable to go to restaurants.
I also think that the Yachtsman Steakhouse will open later vs. sooner.
When conventions start up in earnest thats when it will open.
I agree about the logistics being tough. I’m hopeful that HH grill and maybe at least one more will open for the summer. 🤞
I’m trying to remember how early before each resort’s opening they announced what restaurants would open with the resort.

I agree about the logistics being tough. I’m hopeful that HH grill and maybe at least one more will open for the summer. 🤞
I’m trying to remember how early before each resort’s opening they announced what restaurants would open with the resort.

Disney hasn’t really ‘announced’ much regarding things that have reopened along the way... generally a couple of weeks pre-opening somebody will notice operating hours posted on Disney’s website or a website/menu change.

So, we need some eagle eye DISers to start watching the website. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter