Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I miss the Minnie Vans, for us it was a no brainer to use the Minnie Vans to MK to avoid all that nonsense.
Most of the Minnie Van fleet is parked onsite, with them occasionally driven to keep them in good operating condition. As WDW has stated, the service temporarily is not available. So, the Minnie Vans might come back, once the pandemic is over and things return to some form of normalcy.

Minnie Vans recently spotted parked on property

Most of the Minnie Van fleet is parked onsite, with them occasionally driven to keep them in good operating condition. As WDW has stated, the service temporarily is not available. So, the Minnie Vans might come back, once the pandemic is over and things return to some form of normalcy.

Minnie Vans recently spotted parked on property
Thanks for the update! I thought they were gone for good.

Just switched my res from OKW 1 BR to YC garden view room. Hope I made the right choice to go for the proximity to Epcot instead of more space in the room. (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 9 yo) First time staying in that area. Anything special that I need to know??

Well, we just couldn't stay away! After several reservation changes including initial reservations at BLT, Boulder Ridge Villas, and OKW, we finally realized that we couldn't stay away and are coming home for our next trip this coming July! We'll be staying at BCV July 18-24. Dee, put us on the list!

Beginning to think about packing for an April trip and we are staying at the YC. When we stay at Disney, we usually use their dry cleaning services. Can anyone confirm that the YC is still offering the dry cleaning services. I think there's a self-serve laundry somewhere but we'd rather avoid that if we can since we're on vacation and would only need a few items done. Any current info welcome. Thanks!

My DW, DS and DD are planning a trip to BC in early June. We have never stayed at an EPCOT resort and we do not frequent guests of WDW. We have stayed at FW, WL, POFQ and CR before so we know the bus transport drill generally speaking and pre-COVID. I saw an image of the BC bus stop and it appears to have 3 separate terminus. Is each terminus for a different park destination? E.g. Terminus 1 is for MK, Terminus 2 is for AK, and Terminus 3 is for DS? I'm assuming there are there now physically distanced queues for each terminus? Curious if there is one line for all 3 terminus or a separate line for each Terminus? If there are some BCV folks who visited recently that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. May the Force be with you, always.

My DW, DS and DD are planning a trip to BC in early June. We have never stayed at an EPCOT resort and we do not frequent guests of WDW. We have stayed at FW, WL, POFQ and CR before so we know the bus transport drill generally speaking and pre-COVID. I saw an image of the BC bus stop and it appears to have 3 separate terminus. Is each terminus for a different park destination? E.g. Terminus 1 is for MK, Terminus 2 is for AK, and Terminus 3 is for DS? I'm assuming there are there now physically distanced queues for each terminus? Curious if there is one line for all 3 terminus or a separate line for each Terminus? If there are some BCV folks who visited recently that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. May the Force be with you, always.
As you have noted there are 3 drop zones [terminuses] for the Beach Club bus stop. The first zone is for Animal Kingdom, the second for Magic Kingdom, and the third for Disney Springs. The first zone is the one closest to the covered bridge/walkway leading to the bus stop. Blizzard Beach shares the Disney Springs zone and Typhoon Lagoon [when open] shares the Animal Kingdom zone.

There are no formal queues, or at least there haven't been in the past at the Beach Club stop. We were there in early January. It is somewhat on the honor system to allow guests who have arrived first to board the bus first, but that doesn't alway work. The most congestion you will get is first thing in the morning generally an hour before a park's opening. The only time we saw impromptu physically distanced queueing was for the Animal Kingdom zone which backed up to the covered bridge and walkway.

As you have noted there are 3 drop zones [terminuses] for the Beach Club bus stop. The first zone is for Animal Kingdom, the second for Magic Kingdom, and the third for Disney Springs. The first zone is the one closest to the covered bridge/walkway leading to the bus stop. Blizzard Beach shares the Disney Springs zone and Typhoon Lagoon [when open] shares the Animal Kingdom zone.

There are no formal queues, or at least there haven't been in the past at the Beach Club stop. We were there in early January. It is somewhat on the honor system to allow guests who have arrived first to board the bus first, but that doesn't alway work. The most congestion you will get is first thing in the morning generally an hour before a park's opening. The only time we saw impromptu physically distanced queueing was for the Animal Kingdom zone which backed up to the covered bridge and walkway.

This is correct and frankly, there is no space to do so.

YC has two separate queues for MK and AK with six foot spacers which runs on either side of the sidewalk from the bus stop to the front entrance. Those queues do reach from the bus stop back to the front entrance in the mornings, but it is far more orderly than BC/BCV.

Speaking of bus queues, has anyone navigated the YC bus stop using an ECV (scooter) recently? My mother will be using one there in May. Curious to know if ECVs are still asked to wait near the square in the loading area, or stay in the socially distanced queue. Mom and Dad are not a rope-droppers, so hopefully the stop won’t be crowded and this won’t be an issue, but still want to do it right.

Mom and Dad are both fully vaccinated and can’t wait to get out into the World again!

Thank you for the helpful information. For all the COVID-19 related rules and restrictions I have read and researched at WDW, I'm surprised that there are no social distance marked queues. Ground markers seemingly are all the rage these days. The fact that people just impromptu social distance from each other is quite refreshing and restores my faith in humanity, or at least the YC/BC/BCV humanity. Cheers!

Has Stormalong Bay been hitting capacity? I have been reading about waits at pools and I was just wondering what the system is. I have a few weeks still but I like to be prepared.

Has Stormalong Bay been hitting capacity? I have been reading about waits at pools and I was just wondering what the system is. I have a few weeks still but I like to be prepared.

We were there Thursday-Monday this past week and the pool did hit capacity on Saturday. There was a short wait to get in. Makes sense for a typical check in day, plus I think they are keeping capacity pretty low in the pools. Since we couldn't go to Stormalong Bay, we just went to a quiet pool and the kids still had a blast. We went to Stormalong Bay Thursday, Friday, and Sunday with no problems finding chairs/table.

I was hoping someone could answer some Stormalong Bay cabana questions for me,

1. How many days out can you rent them?

2. How many hours does a full day rental mean?

3. How many cabanas do they have available to rent?

4. How hard is it to get a cabana during busy times?

We were there Thursday-Monday this past week and the pool did hit capacity on Saturday. There was a short wait to get in. Makes sense for a typical check in day, plus I think they are keeping capacity pretty low in the pools. Since we couldn't go to Stormalong Bay, we just went to a quiet pool and the kids still had a blast. We went to Stormalong Bay Thursday, Friday, and Sunday with no problems finding chairs/table.
If you wanted to wait do you just stand in line? Only having the issue on Saturday sounds promising, thanks for answering!

I was hoping someone could answer some Stormalong Bay cabana questions for me,

1. How many days out can you rent them?

2. How many hours does a full day rental mean?

3. How many cabanas do they have available to rent?

4. How hard is it to get a cabana during busy times?
1. Likely as many days as you want to spend $350.00ish per experience.
2. The last time we did it we did a 1/2 day...but the hours were 10-2, then 3-7 so maybe safe to assume full day is 10-7?
3. 4
4. Very difficult to book during busy times.

Well, I have another trip planned for November to the Yacht Club! We are going November 2-7 and taking our youngest daughter to celebrate her being 10 years cancer free! She hasn’t been to Disney for quite some time, so it is time to go. Got a water view room at a great cast rate.

1. Likely as many days as you want to spend $350.00ish per experience.
2. The last time we did it we did a 1/2 day...but the hours were 10-2, then 3-7 so maybe safe to assume full day is 10-7?
3. 4
4. Very difficult to book during busy times.

Thank you for the response. I meant how many days out can you book them. Is it 60, 90, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter