Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question about the Yacht Club "secret" entrance? Does that have stairs near it to go up any floors? I was going to request a room near there but if it is only an entrance/exit it may be pointless. I've tried searching and the Beach entrance comes up frequently but not Yacht.

Are you talking about the door all the way at the far side, near The Swan and Dolphin? About 3 years ago, we stayed in a room on the second floor in that location. It took us a day until we realized that it was there, but we used it the rest of the trip. It was in August, so it was hot and, while it was tempting to walk through the hallways, it was a lot more convenient to use that entrance.

Are you talking about the door all the way at the far side, near The Swan and Dolphin? About 3 years ago, we stayed in a room on the second floor in that location. It took us a day until we realized that it was there, but we used it the rest of the trip. It was in August, so it was hot and, while it was tempting to walk through the hallways, it was a lot more convenient to use that entrance.
Yes that is it!! I wasn't sure what floor it reached.

Well called 60 days out at exactly 6am est and managed to get a cabana the last day of my trip on 6/19. Completely booked for the week already.
I haven't stayed at the BC for many years and didn't realize that there were cabanas for rent at SB. I'll be staying there a few days in October so I'll try to snag one.

I haven't stayed at the BC for many years and didn't realize that there were cabanas for rent at SB. I'll be staying there a few days in October so I'll try to snag one.

Totally worth it if you can manage to get one of the 4. We had a glorious pool day when we had one this month. I prefer #1 and #2 as they are right there on the edge of the pool but I know some prefer 3 or 4 as they are more secluded.

We are staying at BC June 18-27 and I'm looking for suggestions on what to do for dinner on arrival day. Our flight arrives at MCO at about 6:00 pm and our plan is to head straight to the BC and to our room then have a casual dinner or even grab and go then hit the pool before bed. We're flying in from Seattle so our internal clocks will be 3 hours behind and I though it would be a nice way to help reset and tire us out for bedtime. DDs are all teenagers, but still a little bit picky on food items. They don't all like pizza! :rolleyes2 Was hoping to not have to make an ADR somewhere but still stay close to the resort.

And, our potential May YC stay is a no-go. Airline cancelled our flights again. No direct flights to Orlando until at least June. And no point in trying for a June stay, since the park and hotel reservation availability is lousy. And it would probably be cancelled anyway. Sigh.

Hoping for July...can people please cross their fingers (and toes) for an open border and the possibility of travel for us Canadians by summer? I’m really suffering from SAB withdrawal. ;-)
They just released more park reservations for June!

We are staying at BC June 18-27 and I'm looking for suggestions on what to do for dinner on arrival day. Our flight arrives at MCO at about 6:00 pm and our plan is to head straight to the BC and to our room then have a casual dinner or even grab and go then hit the pool before bed. We're flying in from Seattle so our internal clocks will be 3 hours behind and I though it would be a nice way to help reset and tire us out for bedtime. DDs are all teenagers, but still a little bit picky on food items. They don't all like pizza! :rolleyes2 Was hoping to not have to make an ADR somewhere but still stay close to the resort.
You can get a meal at BC marketplace if you don’t want to make an ADR. Check the menus at the restaurants in the vicinity, including the ones at the Dolphin. :)

Ale & Compass at the YC does the mobile order take out. Not as big a menu as usual, but a decent variety. You could even order ahead, say when you land at MCO. Take it to the pool or back to the room.

How long is your stay? We're hoping to book a cabana for our trip in July, but our trip is only for 5 nights.
We’re staying 6 nights. You may want to try for your last possible day first. I tried to book for 2 separate days and after my earliest option wasn’t available she suggested going ahead and looking for the latest possible date before someone got it. It seemed like she had to check each individual cabana for availability so it wasn’t exactly a quick check.

Totally worth it if you can manage to get one of the 4. We had a glorious pool day when we had one this month. I prefer #1 and #2 as they are right there on the edge of the pool but I know some prefer 3 or 4 as they are more secluded.
I'm only staying at the BC for three nights after checking out of the Contemporary. I'd guess my chances of getting one would be slim!

I'm so sorry to hear that. We are in the same boat, my partner is Canadian and our 2 week trip next month got cut down to 8 days solo for me due to the border situation. We changed our 50th anniversary weekend trip to 2 weeks in hopes that she'll be able to come in October. Definitely hoping it's better before then, I have not seen her in over a year. :(

I'm so sorry to year this! My husband is Canadian (still going through immigration and has been for 2 years). We got lucky though. He was visiting me for my birthday last year when they closed the boarders. We were then eligible for a new visa time which would allow him to stay in the US while he applied. But, he hasn't been able to see any of his friends and family since last February and since he thought he'd be going back soon, he never got a chance to say "Goodbye, I'm moving to the US", so he didn't get any closure. And on top of that, all of his belongings are stuck in Canada so he's been living out of suitcase for over a year now. I know it's not the same as being separated from a partner, I couldn't imagine. We're use to being apart for 3-4 months at a time (we were long distance for 4yrs), but I couldn't imagine being separated because of the border closures.

I hope that you are reunited soon and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. And the second I can get back into Disneyland I'm throwing some coins in Snow White's wishing well and making a wish for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter