• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We returned on Saturday from our stay at Yacht Club. Our room was 1110, Garden View - sorry we didn't take photos. two queen beds and a nice little patio outside. Since we both had scooters, we specifically had requested ground floor, no daybed and close to handicap ramps (back entrance). This room was great, as with no daybed, (the desk and chair was where the daybed usually is, and an easy chair and foot stool next to the patio wall), there was plenty room for both scooters. It overlooks the tennis court, and mostly was very quiet. There were more dogs in the resort, and the parks, than I remember ever seeing before, but the only time we could hear them was our last night. Apparently a small dog was bothered by our noise (getting both scooters into the room was a bit of an effort) and did bark until we were in and the door was closed. We only heard it again when the occupants returned, and there was a barking welcome.... :rotfl2:Since both of us are dog owners it wasn't an issue at all for us.

NOTE: Since the Market opens at 7:00, be prepared to wait in line to be allowed to enter, as there are CMs at the side door allowing only so many in at a time. (Entrance is on the hall side, exit is on the elevator side, but is really only enforced if there are lots of people in there). If you want to mobile order hot food, do it early, as you wait outside the store until your food is ready before being able to pick it up. Also, if you just want stuff from the fridge (we had the yogurt/fruit parfaits) you may find they are not available in the AM and might want to stop by the night before.

I can't give any info on SAB pool or cabanas, as we didn't use them. We did go to the leisure pool one evening just to put our tired feet in, and there was only one other family there.

Bus times are not posted very well in early AM, and since we both had scooters, we always boarded first (with everyone watching - no pressure there!!), but I only remember one time when they couldn't get everyone waiting on to the bus. (We usually were not there in time for the first bus, so I'm not sure about that one). Waiting at the park for the MK return bus to resort was definitely a pain, but there's nothing new about that. Bus to Park Hop started around 1:30 or so. We went from Epcot to MK and opted to take the Contemporary instead of the MK bus and scoot to MK, but I don't think it was a whole lot faster, since as we were approaching the stop we saw a Contemporary bus pull away.... but, we really weren't in a huge hurry, and eventually got there.

Most guest were pretty good with masks - some had to be reminded, and some had to be reminded several times. Distancing was also pretty good, but at times, families got a little close in the lines. Some folks did walk and eat, but there were constant announcements that all eating and drinking was to be done in a stationary manner. Some folks of course just didn't pay attention, but I would say for the most part, people did a good job of following the restrictions.

All in all, we had a blast.... it was a trip that had been rebooked 4 times over the last two years, and we are so blessed to have been able to finally do it.

Yacht Club first timer here! I booked a Garden View in October. I made my only request that the room be facing the gazebo. I’ve found, at other resorts, that if I only have one request, I usually get it. What are my chances of me having that request honored at Yacht Club?
Well there are at least 55 Garden View rooms that surround the gazebo so it should be an an easy request.

Dave

Hi there, my DH and I are staying YC water view in June. I would love a view of the boardwalk (and lighthouse would be amazing) instead of a pool view ( I think that counts as water view also?) . What's the best room request for this, is there a certain section or wording I should use? Thanks!

Could anyone that recently visited the BC/YC verify whether the BC courtyard construction (adjacent to the lobby) has been completed? I saw several photos and articles notifying of the construction, but I cannot find any follow-up stories.

May the Force be with you.

We’re currently at the Yacht Club. About half the BC walkway is open now. You can go out the back door at the center of the lobby now. The small side door that leads from the walkway to YC is closed & they are still working on that small area. At least as of yesterday afternoon. Didn’t go that way this morning.

Last edited:

Well there are at least 55 Garden View rooms that surround the gazebo so it should be an an easy request.

Dave

You would think, but gazebo view is a very popular request.

If you look at the map posted on page 1 for YC rooms, the majority of rooms seem to be garden view rooms. Many of those people will also be requesting gazebo view & most people won’t get it. My family never has.

Hello All! Thank you again for all of the valuable info on the YC. We are getting so excited for our first stay there in June. I wanted to use Garden Grocer to order some food and beverages for our room. In very fine print on the Garden Grocer website, it says that the YC and BC only accept deliveries after 4 pm. Can anyone confirm this to be true? I was hoping to have our order delivered earlier in the day since we are arriving around 11am. I understand that our room may not be ready, but I wanted to get settled with everything as soon as we are allowed in our room.

I have a question for those of you who have rented a cabana before. I have a cabana booked for my upcoming YC stay, and I’m unsure about tipping. How do you normally handle tips for the cabana staff? Do you tip a percentage of the cabana rental cost?

I haven’t done a cabana at SAB, but other cabanas we base our tip on how much we use the services of the cabana host and how attentive they are. If all they do is show you to your space and stroll by now and then, not much tip. If they provide quite a bit of service like getting drinks and food, the tip would go up from there.

I have a question for those of you who have rented a cabana before. I have a cabana booked for my upcoming YC stay, and I’m unsure about tipping. How do you normally handle tips for the cabana staff? Do you tip a percentage of the cabana rental cost?

Unfortunately something is jacked up with the DISBoards “search” function in the top right, but I seem to recall writing a probably way too long post about cabana tipping not too long ago. If I can find it, I’ll link it here.

Another cabana question... I see the # of guests per cabana is 6. If I’m successful in reserving one, may I invite people not staying at Yacht & Beach to join us for the day? I think the answer is yes but just want to confirm.

if anyone has any tips on maximizing the cabana experience, I’m all ears. Hoping to book one in late July for a birthday celebration.

Another cabana question... I see the # of guests per cabana is 6. If I’m successful in reserving one, may I invite people not staying at Yacht & Beach to join us for the day? I think the answer is yes but just want to confirm.

I think the answer might be no. People not staying at GF and CR can rent their cabanas, but only YC/BC guests can rent cabanas at SAB and you have to to be staying at YC/BC to get the wrist band to enter SAB. Maybe there is an exception if you rent a cabana, but otherwise you cannot invite guests to SAB.

if anyone has any tips on maximizing the cabana experience, I’m all ears. Hoping to book one in late July for a birthday celebration.

I think the answer is no. We had a cabana booked for March (had to cancel because of cold weather). It was to be DH, myself & our son & DIL. If I recall correctly, the CM questioned if son & DIL were also guests at the Yacht or Beach Club in order to access SAB.

I’m not sure if this has changed but when we rented one in 2019 the cabana host refused a tip from another family and said she couldn’t take it, so we didn’t try to tip her after that. We did tip our server that brought us food and drinks.

They do not allow non-resort guests access to Stormalong Bay or the cabanas. They are pretty strict about that and stress it on the phone when you book that the entire party must be staying at the hotel.

Is the kiddie pool area under the Jib Slide currently open? I haven't seen any news one way or the other, or if there have been any capacity issues.

Guppy Bay Kiddie Pool and Slide

There's even a place for little pirates to slide and splash!

Water depth is approximately 2 1/2 to 3 feet throughout this section.

kiddieslidearea.jpg

kiddieslide1.jpg

kiddieslide.jpg
It was open last Night and had plenty of people in it. To the people asking what time we have been going, mostly off times I guess? After 4pm for the most part. Plan to be there for more around prime time tomorrow so will report back if I experience anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Page 1815-1816

Yes - we were there two weeks ago and there was one. If I recall correctly, it is full sized.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Hope you had a fantastic trip!

Thank you for the info.

:thumbsup2

Hey @natebenma, here's something that might be of interest to people on this thread:

I learned on the Swan & Dolphin thread that there is a Swan and Dolphin app. You can search for "Swan and Dolphin" in your phone's app store.

When someone is staying at YC/BC/BCV, they might want to eat at the nearby Swan or Dolphin. If they have this app on their phone and click on RESTAURANTS, they can then choose the type of restaurant (Signature, Casual, Quick Service, Lounge). It then gives them current hours of operation for each restaurant.

So, for example, for PP who asked, "which ice cream place is open and good near the yc area?"

The Swan and Dolphin app shows that the Fountain at the Dolphin currently is open:
Wed, Thurs & Fri from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Sat & Sun from noon to 11:00 pm
Mon & Tues closed.
It also tells you that it is located in the Dolphin Lower Level.
And it has the menu.

If you look at Signature Restaurants on the app, it has a link to Opentable.com for each restaurant, if someone wants to make a reservation.

Thanks for our heads up on this. A great resource to finding info on our neighbors to the West.

::yes::

Well called 60 days out at exactly 7am est and managed to get a cabana the last day of my trip on 6/19. Completely booked for the week already.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Which resort?

:cool1:

You called at 6am? I thought that phone line did not take calls until 7a.

I have also seen articles mentioning being able to book Enchanting Extras at 70 days out if you are a Resort Guest. I do not if they are meaning 60+10 or it changed to 70. Does anyone know?

As far as I know, there has been no change, so it must be the 60+10.

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:goodvibes

Question about the Yacht Club "secret" entrance? Does that have stairs near it to go up any floors? I was going to request a room near there but if it is only an entrance/exit it may be pointless. I've tried searching and the Beach entrance comes up frequently but not Yacht.

When is your trip?

As others have indicated, the stairs nears all of the "secret" entrances/exits do lead up to the other floors in the resort, except for the 5th floor, club level, which has restricted access.

:magnify:

And, our potential May YC stay is a no-go. Airline cancelled our flights again. No direct flights to Orlando until at least June. And no point in trying for a June stay, since the park and hotel reservation availability is lousy. And it would probably be cancelled anyway. Sigh.

Hoping for July...can people please cross their fingers (and toes) for an open border and the possibility of travel for us Canadians by summer? I’m really suffering from SAB withdrawal. ;-)

Sorry to hear that. Again!

Others are crossing their fingers and toes for you that you will get here soon.

I'll cross my eyes.

o_O

How long is your stay? We're hoping to book a cabana for our trip in July, but our trip is only for 5 nights.

I'll add you to the list for July. Which resort?

Are you talking about the door all the way at the far side, near The Swan and Dolphin? About 3 years ago, we stayed in a room on the second floor in that location. It took us a day until we realized that it was there, but we used it the rest of the trip. It was in August, so it was hot and, while it was tempting to walk through the hallways, it was a lot more convenient to use that entrance.

:welcome: back to posting here!

:cool2:

I haven't stayed at the BC for many years and didn't realize that there were cabanas for rent at SB. I'll be staying there a few days in October so I'll try to snag one.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October.

:dogdance:

They just released more park reservations for June!

:welcome: to the thread!

Thanks for the info.

:yay:

Staying at a deluxe resort, especially YC/BC, has always been a dream stay for me. I have wanted to go to SAB since I first saw it. We have usually done CB or Riverside, but now since DH and I have a camper our stays are at the beautiful Fort Wilderness and our resort stays are over. Lo and behold my BFF and I have decided to do a Disney Cruise and then we conspired to add a few days at WDW. Now with looking at the prices for August/Sept 2022 I am pulling the trigger and booking YC or BC and am so excited. I know its over a year away but you can never do too much planning. :rotfl2:I am going to sit back and read the boards and dream of the day I am relaxing in SAB on a raft.

Page 1817-1818

We have an upcoming stay at YC and I was able to pick up a 7:30 am reservation at Topolinos. I’m assuming that since HS doesn’t open until 9 am on that date that the skyliner won’t be running early enough correct? Would an Uber be the best for this early?

Yes, I think Uber is your best option at that time.

When/where is your upcoming stay?

:goodvibes

I have been searching for a while and cannot find the YC marketplace on the disney mobile app at all, so there is no place to do a mobile order. Am i missing something and how do i get it back! TIA!

Are you there now? Wishing you an excellent trip/hope it was fantastic!

:thumbsup2

Chances of getting a cabana for Labor Day Sunday? This would be the last day of a 9 day trip, so would we have any advantage? We would like to use it as our "home base" until we leave for the airport, but otherwise I'm assuming we could still hang out by chairs and use the restroom to change.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August-September. Which resort?

***************************************************************************************************

I'm so sorry to hear that. We are in the same boat, my partner is Canadian and our 2 week trip next month got cut down to 8 days solo for me due to the border situation. We changed our 50th anniversary weekend trip to 2 weeks in hopes that she'll be able to come in October. Definitely hoping it's better before then, I have not seen her in over a year. :(

I'm so sorry to year this! My husband is Canadian (still going through immigration and has been for 2 years). We got lucky though. He was visiting me for my birthday last year when they closed the boarders. We were then eligible for a new visa time which would allow him to stay in the US while he applied. But, he hasn't been able to see any of his friends and family since last February and since he thought he'd be going back soon, he never got a chance to say "Goodbye, I'm moving to the US", so he didn't get any closure. And on top of that, all of his belongings are stuck in Canada so he's been living out of suitcase for over a year now. I know it's not the same as being separated from a partner, I couldn't imagine. We're use to being apart for 3-4 months at a time (we were long distance for 4yrs), but I couldn't imagine being separated because of the border closures.

I hope that you are reunited soon and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. And the second I can get back into Disneyland I'm throwing some coins in Snow White's wishing well and making a wish for you.

I'm so sorry for what your husband is going through...so many people on both sides of the border have similar stories and I feel like it's maybe lost a little in all of this. I hope he's able to see his friends and family again soon.

Thank you so much for your kindness. I'm having an awful time of it at work right now and this meant so much to me. The Disboards family has been such a comfort to me.

I second this thought! I am teaching hybrid first grade and go home just wiped out. I can't wait to get home and check on my "friends." I love to escape to the Dis!

Just sending out :grouphug: to all of you, and everyone facing loss or disruption of life due to the COVID pandemic. I'm glad this is considered a safe spot where people can share their stories and disappointment or offer encouraging words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter