Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am so sorry! We leave on 6/21 around 9 pm and only our flight number was changed. I would be so irritated if the time changed to 4 pm. DD has 6 different flights this summer and every single one had a change yesterday. Last August, we flew to WDW and our morning flight was pushed to later in the day which was sad. I was hoping all the changes were COVID related. So far, we still arrive at 9 am on 6/13 and leave 9ish on 6/21. I hope Southwest stops making changes.
Right! I thought flights were becoming more stable after our early March flights weren't touched. They also changed our initial flight to leave 10 minutes later but it's because they actually added another non-stop to MCO that day.

Right! I thought flights were becoming more stable after our early March flights weren't touched. They also changed our initial flight to leave 10 minutes later but it's because they actually added another non-stop to MCO that day.
I think airlines just eliminate flights if they aren’t selling well. We got bumped up to a slightly earlier flight two years ago by Southwest. We usually take the last flight out, which is usually around 8:45pm. They moved us to one leaving at 7:45 instead.

Just booked one this morning And I was wondering the same. I have a confirmation number, but no email and not showing on my plans. I also gave my dvc number, but not sure I got a discount even though she said there was one.
I told the CM I had an AP and asked her if I could get the discount applied. She just told me to show my AP to the attendant on the day of, but I was still charged $318. Currently on hold for 2+ hours to see if they can apply the discount and see if anything else opened up for our week (lol).

I told the CM I had an AP and asked her if I could get the discount applied. She just told me to show my AP to the attendant on the day of, but I was still charged $318. Currently on hold for 2+ hours to see if they can apply the discount and see if anything else opened up for our week (lol).
Update: the phone CM said that discounts should be requested when you arrive for your reservation and that he wasn't able to apply discounts. This tracks with what the first CM told me but this is the first time I've heard this. I booked cabanas in 2019 & 2020 with the discount applied at the time of the reservation.

Update: the phone CM said that discounts should be requested when you arrive for your reservation and that he wasn't able to apply discounts. This tracks with what the first CM told me but this is the first time I've heard this. I booked cabanas in 2019 & 2020 with the discount applied at the time of the reservation.

I had a cabana booked for a Saturday in March which we ended up cancelling due to cold weather. However, the CM applied my AP discount right when I booked. I had to give him the number of 1 if my magic bands so he could verify I did indeed have an AP. Probably a matter of people working these phone lines that don’t normally do it. What a mess.

I was told this same thing when I booked, from 2 different CMs when I booked cabanas for my upcoming trip. I didn’t think it sounded right at the time. I was told that the recreation CM would process a refund for the discount at check-in. I haven’t had the time to sit on hold to ask about it a third time...

I am so sorry! We leave on 6/21 around 9 pm and only our flight number was changed. I would be so irritated if the time changed to 4 pm. DD has 6 different flights this summer and every single one had a change yesterday. Last August, we flew to WDW and our morning flight was pushed to later in the day which was sad. I was hoping all the changes were COVID related and they would stop changing so much. So far, we still arrive at 9 am on 6/13 and leave 9ish on 6/21. I hope Southwest stops making changes.
I don't fly SW but jetblue has changed my times as well. Since it was over an hour change I was able to change my flights at no cost. I actually added a day on the end and arrive earlier now. Worth looking into if any of the changes don't work for you.

As others have said, this doesn’t seem right to me and I suspect you encountered poorly trained CMs or CMs not provided with good information, which sadly happens far too often with some of the more obscure recreation bookings such as cabanas.

Note, AP/DVC discounts aren’t always available - they are sometimes blacked out, such as many (or maybe even all) weekends, most holidays, etc. If the phone CM is unable to apply a discount, that ‘may’ be a contributing factor.

Well, the changes keep coming! Now we don't leave until just after 10 pm and won't be back home until almost midnight. DD is happy - more time in the parks!

Uh, oh. You're in trouble now. Once you stay in a 1-bedroom, you do not want to go back to a studio or regular room. This is how addonitis (add-on-itis) happens; you'll want more points.
Yes that is exactly what I’m afraid of. One trip at a deluxe and no looking back at the All Stars and Pop/AOA.

Hi all,

Just wondering whether valet parking is up and running yet for guests with disabilities please?

Plus will bell services transfer luggage over to GF for the last few nights of our stay? Many thanks

Hi all,

Just wondering whether valet parking is up and running yet for guests with disabilities please?

Plus will bell services transfer luggage over to GF for the last few nights of our stay? Many thanks

Yes, valet is only available for guests with disabilities at the moment.

Yes, Disney will transfer luggage between resorts. Just drop your things off at Bell Services that morning and they’ll be at GF around 4ish, generally speaking (although you sometimes read reports of that being earlier or later).

Enjoy your trip!

I think it was universal that had this where you could text the hotel with questions, does Disney have this at all? Like if we are at the park, can we text the hotel to see if there is a wait at the pool? I'd hate to leave the park to find out the kids can't go swimming. It does seem from reading here that when there are waits, they tend to be fairly short, but I'm not the luckiest person.

I think it was universal that had this where you could text the hotel with questions, does Disney have this at all? Like if we are at the park, can we text the hotel to see if there is a wait at the pool? I'd hate to leave the park to find out the kids can't go swimming. It does seem from reading here that when there are waits, they tend to be fairly short, but I'm not the luckiest person.

Disney does have a “chat with us” feature in the app, but it’s not connected to people who could actually answer if there is a pool wait. It’s better for other needs during a stay, such as requesting more coffee, towels, letting them know of a problem in the room, etc.

Hello! I’m so excited to be booked at BC for June 23-27 (Covid willing). Last time I was there Teena was at the front desk (HI TEENA if you lurk).

3 questions- I would like to pay for an upgraded view at check in if available. Has anyone tried to do this post covid? (At any resort)

2nd- do all rooms have the sleeper sofa now? I don’t know why I can‘t retain this info, so ty in advance

third- does anyone know what this little wing of rooms is called? I want to request it. Thank you!

73A98486-276C-46B8-9391-0E391BC8BFFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello! I’m so excited to be booked at BC for June 23-27 (Covid willing). Last time I was there Teena was at the front desk (HI TEENA if you lurk).

3 questions- I would like to pay for an upgraded view at check in if available. Has anyone tried to do this post covid? (At any resort)

2nd- do all rooms have the sleeper sofa now? I don’t know why I can‘t retain this info, so ty in advance

third- does anyone know what this little wing of rooms is called? I want to request it. Thank you!

View attachment 571122

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't think Teena lurks here, but I'll send her a message and let her know you are thinking of her! She did relocate from Las Vegas to Florida recently, so you never know. You might run into her at one of the parks! (I would bet on Animal Kingdom) ETA: As a guest, not a CM

As far as your questions.

1. I don't know. I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask
2. Not sure how many rooms have the sleeper sofas. They are not in every room. Place a request if you want one.
3. You could describe your request as "Room in the wing between Stormalong Bay and the back entrance, please." or by using the block of Room Numbers X675-X691.

Last edited:
I was told this same thing when I booked, from 2 different CMs when I booked cabanas for my upcoming trip. I didn’t think it sounded right at the time. I was told that the recreation CM would process a refund for the discount at check-in. I haven’t had the time to sit on hold to ask about it a third time...
This is what happened with us in November. When we arrived to check in at the cabana we mentioned it, they processed a full refund and then charged us the discounted rate after confirming we were AP holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter