Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

How have the parks crowds been lately? Sometimes the numbers in the middle of the day don’t look too bad, but wondering just how bad the lines really are. I know it’s a gamble to wait for some sort of FP to return, but starting to doubt how enjoyable a summer trip will be with lines for everything.
Thanks for any recent observations.

I booked a last minute trip to BC today. I picked my check in day the day they open - 5/30. I plan on spending a few days at Grand Floridan first and then switching over to BC.

Does everyone think they plan on opening on time - 5/30? Should I have a back up plan in case they don't open?

I booked a last minute trip to BC today. I picked my check in day the day they open - 5/30. I plan on spending a few days at Grand Floridan first and then switching over to BC.

Does everyone think they plan on opening on time - 5/30? Should I have a back up plan in case they don't open?

I think you will be fine, especially since YC and BCV have been open for so long. But, you do not need to be concerned. If BC does not open on time, Disney will provide you with alternate accommodations so you do not need to make your own backup plan.

I think you will be fine, especially since YC and BCV have been open for so long. But, you do not need to be concerned. If BC does not open on time, Disney will provide you with alternate accommodations so you do not need to make your own backup plan.
Thanks!

I hope they do open. I have Grand Floridian booked a few days before so if they don't open, I would rather just stay at GF for the entire trip.

All Ears posted a fun video today comparing how long it takes to get to HS from BC/YC via the three different methods (walking, Friendship boat, and Skyliner). Skyliner came in dead last as I expected due to long queues at CBR’s transfer hub, but I was surprised to see the boat didn’t take much longer than walking.

I think the speed of the boat getting from YC to the studios is all dependent on when you get on the boat. If you have just missed one, then you have to add about a 20 minute wait to that transportation. However if you’re able to get on one right away, then it’s not a very long journey.

I think the speed of the boat getting from YC to the studios is all dependent on when you get on the boat. If you have just missed one, then you have to add about a 20 minute wait to that transportation. However if you’re able to get on one right away, then it’s not a very long journey.

I always walk so I’ve never taken it at rope drop, just when going back or hopping after my midday break, so I was curious to see how it was at that time of day. He definitely lucked out with the boat pulling right up when they started. Knowing that they have guests exit starting with the back of the boat was a nice tidbit, I prefer to sit out there anyway for the nice breeze and the view.

How have the parks crowds been lately? Sometimes the numbers in the middle of the day don’t look too bad, but wondering just how bad the lines really are. I know it’s a gamble to wait for some sort of FP to return, but starting to doubt how enjoyable a summer trip will be with lines for everything.
Thanks for any recent observations.

Hi hi! Just got back on Thursday from a 5-day trip and we stayed at the Beach Club. We did not wait longer than 25 minutes for any ride except Runaway Railway. DISCLAIMER, I'm 15 weeks pregnant so I sat out some of the headliners, but here's what we rode in under 25 minutes:
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Na'vi River Journey
- Space Mountain (didn't ride, but walked through the line with my husband and BFF)
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates
- Peoplemover (!!!!)
- Winnie the Pooh
- Ariel
- Smuggler's Run
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Frozen Ever After
- Spaceship Earth

Longer than 25 mins:
- Runaway Railway, but we probably waited 35-40. mins even though the app said 50. We were continuously moving the entire time, which made the wait feel shorter.
- Rise of the Resistance boarding group was called at about 1PM.

Also I never encountered a line for Stormalong Bay, and had no issue finding a lounge chair when I arrived (I usually hit the pool around 1:30PM for a break between parks :)

Hope this helps!

Hi hi! Just got back on Thursday from a 5-day trip and we stayed at the Beach Club. We did not wait longer than 25 minutes for any ride except Runaway Railway. DISCLAIMER, I'm 15 weeks pregnant so I sat out some of the headliners, but here's what we rode in under 25 minutes:
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Na'vi River Journey
- Space Mountain (didn't ride, but walked through the line with my husband and BFF)
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates
- Peoplemover (!!!!)
- Winnie the Pooh
- Ariel
- Smuggler's Run
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Frozen Ever After
- Spaceship Earth

Longer than 25 mins:
- Runaway Railway, but we probably waited 35-40. mins even though the app said 50. We were continuously moving the entire time, which made the wait feel shorter.
- Rise of the Resistance boarding group was called at about 1PM.

Also I never encountered a line for Stormalong Bay, and had no issue finding a lounge chair when I arrived (I usually hit the pool around 1:30PM for a break between parks :)

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much. Hope you had a great trip. Sounds like you had a great time.
Best wishes for you new little one.

I always walk so I’ve never taken it at rope drop, just when going back or hopping after my midday break, so I was curious to see how it was at that time of day. He definitely lucked out with the boat pulling right up when they started. Knowing that they have guests exit starting with the back of the boat was a nice tidbit, I prefer to sit out there anyway for the nice breeze and the view.
Power/speed walk if I recall correctly! And elbows at AK? :rolleyes1

Page 1827-1828

New to the board! We booked Thanksgiving week 2021 at YC. So excited! It's just myself, my husband and my son. In the past, we've gone on larger extended family trips so we are looking forward to the "ease" of moving around with just us 3 :) Very curious to see what things look like at that time... will they increase capacity? will fast passes come back? will we be able to eat at liberty tree on thanksgiving? :rolleyes1 will we still be wearing masks? So many questions that cannot be answered! LOL.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Stay tuned! We will all be interested in getting answers to your great questions!

:cool1:

Storm Along Bay Question:

Has anyone had recent experience with brining their own floats/inner tubes to SBA ? I know in the past they allowed it as long as the inner tube/float was clear, but that was before COVID.

Forgot to give you a :welcome: when responding to your question.

Sorry about that!

::yes::

Rant coming on: I am so done with Disney (sort of, for now).

*snip*

So sorry to hear about the disappointing aspects of your trip. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, and especially for passing along your comments to managers/higher-ups at Disney.

:thumbsup2

I'm back home now. {sigh}. We were at YC from 4/18 through 4/23 and had a wonderful stay.

*snip*

Thank you very much for the review of your stay and very detailed info about Room 4082.

I read somewhere May 31, 2021. I hope it is true. We are going in late June and love the place.

Which resort have you booked?

:goodvibes

Oh, I'm happy to hear that! I was worried it would be too small for my 18 yr old son. He's not 6' so I guess I don't have to worry!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June.

:cool2:

Page 1829

Actually, the quiet pool view is garden view, not water view. It used to be water view but there were always complaints because it’s not nearly the same view as looking out over the lake. It was changed to garden view several years ago.

That is my understanding as well.

::yes::

The quiet pool is actually listed as water view now. You got me excited for a minute and I went to change to water view, lol. I have garden view booked because my kids didn't want the quiet pool.

Your best bet for a view of the lake with a booked garden view is to requiew "Wedding Gazebo view, lake view, if possible"

:goodvibes

View from our room 3171

King bed, shower only, first room on the hall coming off the elevator, slightly larger balcony. We did like the view, but you have to be a little bit careful in this room. The rooms that are perpendicular to it can see directly into this room if people are on their balcony. This would be especially true at night if you have the lights on.

View attachment 570732

Thank you so much for the picture and view of Room 3171

:thanks:

Hello, first time posting on this thread. I first stayed at BCV as a cash stay in 4/2019. It gave us a taste for the Deluxe Resorts. Prior to that we had mostly stayed at value with one stay at POR. We have APs so since then we have stayed at AKL, WL and Grand Floridian.

I took the plunge in September and bought into DVC before the direct purchase minimum points increased since the AP discounts are a big benefit because we live out of state. I bought into AKL due to the price, length of contract, dining options and atmosphere there. We are staying at BCV for our Welcome Home stay from 5/31-6/5. We have a 1 bedroom, this is the first time not staying in a regular room or studio.

My 13 yo is most excited about SAB, she had a great time there on our last stay. we should arrive about 10am on our first day and she doesn’t even want to go to MK that day. Does anyone have any hints on getting a reservation at Beaches & Cream?

Julia

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Any who has currently stayed at the BCV recently tell me the procedure for getting TP and garbage bags etc. Do I just call housekeeping and they leave it at the door?
Our recent stay at Universal, that is what we did , they left it hanging in a bag from your door handle.
Also, hello Dee we now have three trips on the books.
Can you please add us to the list for 3/20/22 to 3/26/2022 BCV.:)

Got it!

:woohoo:

Yes, call housekeeping. They will leave it in your room if you're not there.

:thumbsup2

All Ears posted a fun video today comparing how long it takes to get to HS from BC/YC via the three different methods (walking, Friendship boat, and Skyliner). Skyliner came in dead last as I expected due to long queues at CBR’s transfer hub, but I was surprised to see the boat didn’t take much longer than walking.

Thank you for this link. Reassured me that DD and I will leave YC way before 8 on our walk over.

Also, this video lead me to a second video about the Perfect HS Day. It really gave me a feel for how the lines snake through the parks. It is one thing to imagine it and another to actually see it.

Thank you for this link. Reassured me that DD and I will leave YC way before 8 on our walk over.

Also, this video lead me to a second video about the Perfect HS Day. It really gave me a feel for how the lines snake through the parks. It is one thing to imagine it and another to actually see it.

Molly’s vids are always great, and she has Perfect Day ones for all four parks. Invaluable for planning purposes in COVID era touring.

Does anyone have the movies under the stars schedule for May? I’m wondering what movie will be playing Friday night while we are there.

So anyone who has taken the Magic Express lately tell me who besides YC do we ride share with? Also , the drop off order from MCO please?

So anyone who has taken the Magic Express lately tell me who besides YC do we ride share with? Also , the drop off order from MCO please?

It all depends on when you arrive and how many people are going to which resort. There really is no way to predict it. We have had everything from first drop off on a bus that had only YC/BC/BW to being last after dropping off at 6 other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter