• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ashamed to admit I have never actually eaten at Cape May. I know I could look this up in shorter time than it took to write this, but how does the new dinner plus crab leg per pound add on cost compare to the prior price?
Probably not good considering before it was all you can eat crab legs and now you are paying per pound plus base rate of the meal. I believe I paid less than 65 a person when we went .

Ashamed to admit I have never actually eaten at Cape May. I know I could look this up in shorter time than it took to write this, but how does the new dinner plus crab leg per pound add on cost compare to the prior price?
It was probably 4 years ago when we ate dinner here and it was around $50 if I remember correctly. Not my favorite, but breakfast is wonderful!

Hmm. .
Presently, I have an ADR at II Mulino next door at the Swan. Wondering if I should drop it for Cape May if I am able??? I have never eaten at either restaurant. Just when I thought I had it all figured out.

Probably not good considering before it was all you can eat crab legs and now you are paying per pound plus base rate of the meal. I believe I paid less than 65 a person when we went .

Not my thing, but my wife and father could chow down on some crab legs like nothing else. Seems like that could get pretty costly pretty quick.

I will definitely book a few breakfasts but I will pass on the dinner.
As someone posted previously , I will stalk the site late Thursday night and try at 5am CST on Friday . I feel slightly bad for all the regular dining openings that morning because the new offerings are going to flood the system.......

I have some information about the boat to Hollywood Studio.

They are currently running four boats to DHS, starting at 8am for a 9am park opening. (We saw all four at once). One boat sits at Boardwalk, one at Yacht Club and one at Swan/Dolphin. The fourth boat comes in from the Epcot side of the lake and goes to the BW after the first boat leaves, then YC, then S/D, then DHS.

We crossed the bridge between the Yacht Club and S/D at 8:08am and the fourth boat was heading to the Yacht Club. The first three boats unloaded at DHS very quickly. The fourth boat got to the DHS boat dock just about the same time as we got to the temperature check point, around 8:26am.

so are you are you saying if you can get on the first boat out at 8 or the next one that comes to Yacht, you should take that instead of walking? My family always thinks the boats are slow, but that sounds pretty good to me

As always, thanks for your beautiful pictures!
:goodvibes
:cool1: :cool1:
...you are quite welcome...I always take too many pics [well, that's what my family keeps telling me]. I like to capture 'nuances' of a location so that the viewer almost feels like they are there too....

so are you are you saying if you can get on the first boat out at 8 or the next one that comes to Yacht, you should take that instead of walking? My family always thinks the boats are slow, but that sounds pretty good to me

We were on the first boat from YC in December, stopped at S/D and then went to the Studios. it would depend on your walking speed, but I don’t think we could have walked faster than the boat.

I went to Cape May for the crab legs. So delicious. 29 a pound isn't worth it to me. I could do that here at home and chow down in comfort. I have been known to do that from time to time. I'm bummed no characters for breakfast. I think some people will book not realizing that. Regardless, I'm glad things are opening up. Fingers crossed for Yachtsman.

How has the pool been lately with waits to get in? Are there long lines/waiting lists? Also, does the whole pool have the sand at the bottom or just a certain area of it?

....just certain areas.
enhance

enhance

The four boats that I saw at 8:08 all got to DHS before 8:26am

So whether you decide to walk or take the boat depends on what time you start walking and how long the line is for the boat

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter