Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm sitting on our balcony right now, waiting for Epcot to open early. We have heard that it opens around 10:10am. We are all packed and ready to go home. This is our fourth, and last, trip with Covid restrictions. This was also a very hot trip and wearing a mask in this heat is awful. It was fine when it was cooler out, like in January. ;)

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your posts during this trip.

Thank you, this is very helpful information, taking 15 of my extended Family to Yacht Club next week. Three generations of us and I’m really worried about my older parents and the young children wearing masks in the heat and not being able to hydrate enough. Well, I’m really worried about A LOT of things regarding this trip, I’m getting a bit bonkers about it.

Anyway, if you have any tips about masks in the heat, pls share. We are planning on taking mid-day pool breaks and have enough two layer, cotton masks for 5 each per day but starting to worry that this is going to be a problem.

I hope that you have a wonderful trip and TY!!
Hi, please join my anxiety club! Taking a group of 8 (3 generations) to YC in 5 weeks and so stressed! It's easy with me, my husband, and our daughter--we're the professional Disney nuts! But trying to make other people happy is stressing me out, especially since I CAN'T CONTROL THE WEATHER 😂. They keep asking about crowds and heat, and I keep saying "it's going to be crowded and hot!" Anyway, we can do this! I keep trying to remind myself what I saw on another post--your family trip is not Saving Private Ryan! Sometimes people are going to have to be okay on their own lol.

This is our fourth, and last, trip with Covid restrictions.

Don’t mean to pry here, but just curious on this statement. Last as in you don’t want to return with Covid restrictions? Or last as in you assume things will be better when it’s time for your next trip? I always appreciate your perspective on things so just curious.

Our TA was able to swap our Ale & Compass breakfast ADR for a Cape May breakfast on one of our Epcot days in June. It was her suggestion that we switch if we could as she thinks we'll enjoy the lighter and brighter atmosphere more. And of course the DDs want all the Mickey waffles they can eat.

Hi, please join my anxiety club! Taking a group of 8 (3 generations) to YC in 5 weeks and so stressed! It's easy with me, my husband, and our daughter--we're the professional Disney nuts! But trying to make other people happy is stressing me out, especially since I CAN'T CONTROL THE WEATHER 😂. They keep asking about crowds and heat, and I keep saying "it's going to be crowded and hot!" Anyway, we can do this! I keep trying to remind myself what I saw on another post--your family trip is not Saving Private Ryan! Sometimes people are going to have to be okay on their own lol.
I so feel your PAIN!! Hubs, myself, and my kids are very good travelers and have been to Dis more times than I want to admit. Rest of my extended family, NOT getting it. We had to have an hour long zoom meeting to get everyone’s MDE app on their phones and linked. Forget about them understanding rope drop concept or ADRs. Thankfully, I have AMAZING Dis TAs but there’s still so much to do. I’m bringing an entire suitcase of brand new items that people will forget - extra sunscreen, ponchos, flip flops for the pool, face masks, and the list goes on and on. LMAO about not Saving Private Ryan and agree! But Disney first world problems are REAL. In all seriousness, during these incredibly challenging times, I realize how fortunate and blessed we are that my biggest problem today is that Dis reservations made a mistake and booked one of my cabanas at GF not YC. I think you and I will need to continue this convo and encouragement. Any info I can help you with while I a there, absolutely will!

Took a year off from here, so I’m catching up.

Have two questions:

1) Touring Plans used to fax my room request. I did not renew my subscription. What is the best way to add a room request on my own?

2) Are the toasters/microwaves available to guests at the Market at the Ale & Compass? I know they were not available for guests to use last summer.

Thanks for your help! Summer can’t come soon enough!!!⛱

Don’t mean to pry here, but just curious on this statement. Last as in you don’t want to return with Covid restrictions? Or last as in you assume things will be better when it’s time for your next trip? I always appreciate your perspective on things so just curious.
I’m calling it our last trip with COVID restrictions because I am very optimistic that the restrictions will have ended by the last week of October. :)

Have two questions:

1) Touring Plans used to fax my room request. I did not renew my subscription. What is the best way to add a room request on my own?

2) Are the toasters/microwaves available to guests at the Market at the Ale & Compass? I know they were not available for guests to use last summer.

Call Disney resort reservations and have them add the request to your reservation. I know that they read them but they can’t always honor them.

They don’t have the toasters and microwaves available for guests at the marketplace right now.

Thank you, this is very helpful information, taking 15 of my extended Family to Yacht Club next week. Three generations of us and I’m really worried about my older parents and the young children wearing masks in the heat and not being able to hydrate enough. Well, I’m really worried about A LOT of things regarding this trip, I’m getting a bit bonkers about it.

Anyway, if you have any tips about masks in the heat, pls share. We are planning on taking mid-day pool breaks and have enough two layer, cotton masks for 5 each per day but starting to worry that this is going to be a problem.

I hope that you have a wonderful trip and TY!!
Don’t stress out too much. :)

I’m sorry but I don’t have any advice about wearing masks. We wore cloth masks most of the time because they fit better than the paper surgical masks. But the paper ones aren’t as hot as the cloth masks. The mid- afternoon pool break will be good because you won’t have to wear a mask.

I’m calling it our last trip with COVID restrictions because I am very optimistic that the restrictions will have ended by the last week of October. :)
I love your optimism! Are you thinking CL might be back then too? We have reservations for the first week of December, at both the BWI and YC. Like many, we cancelled multiple trips last year and just don't want to get our hopes up for this year. Hope you're right!

I'm so excited to read about boo to you night time event. We are going in August so hoping it's one of our nights. We are Sunday- Friday. Any guesses on what night it is?

So what happens to the pool lines when BC opens up on May 30th? If there are waits already, I can't see that helping the situation.

Is there a way to find out which 1 bedroom dvc rooms have the larger sofa bed? I checked touring plans but it doesn’t say. I’m really hoping to be on the first floor...

I'm so excited to read about boo to you night time event. We are going in August so hoping it's one of our nights. We are Sunday- Friday. Any guesses on what night it is?
We will know next month when the tickets go on sale next month. Currently the only dates we know are Aug. 10 & Oct. 31st.

Interesting comments on the blog post:

Tickets will go on sale next month, with an early purchase window available to guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Click here for more information and stay tuned for more details to come. We’ll share additional information about “Disney After Hours BOO BASH” as it becomes available, so keep checking Disney Parks Blog for more tricks and treats.

source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-bash-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park-this-fall/

Dave

Is there a way to find out which 1 bedroom dvc rooms have the larger sofa bed? I checked touring plans but it doesn’t say. I’m really hoping to be on the first floor...

This came up once before, but I can't remember the whole discussion.

Disneyworld.com says this regarding the BCV 1-bedroom villas:
1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa or 1 King Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa

But the DVC member website says this regarding the BCV 1-bedroom villas:
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa

I am not aware of BCV 1-bedrooms having the smaller double-size sleeper sofa.

If somebody on here knows more about it than I do, I'm sure they will mention it.

This website shows how many 1-bedrooms there are on each floor.
(Reminder that you can click on a link even if it looks like it is still loading.)
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

Have two questions:

You can add a room request through the My Disney Experience app "Chat With Us" feature. I did this and it was much quicker than waiting on hold to speak to someone. :)

Could use a reminder from anyone there now or recently. What’s the status of the HH walk-up window and drink refill station?

:thanks:

Here now. No refill station. Just show your mug and they'll give you a cup of what you want. They are not touching the mugs.

P.S. Congrats on being a resorts mod now. When did that happen? I guess I've been out of the loop!

Last edited:
I’m sure it’s a resort wide thing but today the marketplace went back to allowing guests to get their own drinks at the refill station. I personally was happy to see this, hated bothering the CMs for something I could easily do myself.

Here now. No refill station. Just show your mug and they'll give you a cup of what you want. They are not touching the mugs.

P.S. Congrats on being a resorts mod now. When did that happen? I guess I've been out of the loop!

so it was back on 4/21 and now gone again? Or we can refill at marketplace but need a CM at HH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter