Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That's so interesting! We were there last week and never saw a CM asking, I would say I was in the minority mobile ordering, too. A few times I came in just to grab fruit loops or whatever and it was fine

By contrast, we had come over from Riviera and you could not get in their QS without a refillable mug or a ready mobile order.

Well, I’ve been down a few times this AM and seems no door CM today. I’m sure there’s some method to when/why they put someone there, but I can’t figure it out! :-)

The Market at Ale & Compass gives me anxiety. :rotfl:

Friday AM walked in just to get a cup of coffee - no issues, CM at door waved me right in, worked just like old times.

Saturday AM got lectured (not really hyperbole, she was very serious/stern) by door CM that I really needed to mobile order, even after I told her I just wanted coffee. She finally conceded, but it was like she was doing me a big favor letting me in. :confused3

This AM no one at the door so no issues.

They may have always had these and I’ve never noticed (very possible), but the two registers on the shop side have coffee/drink cups, so an easy way to save some time if the market registers are backed up.
Wow. That would cause me anxiety too. Sorry that happened. Getting coffee shouldn't be so hard lol!

I am not sure if this is a simple or complex question. Can some one send me the Beach Club room number range for club level? I’m trying to figure out if I just got move there as an upgrade since club level is not technically open.

I am not sure if this is a simple or complex question. Can some one send me the Beach Club room number range for club level? I’m trying to figure out if I just got move there as an upgrade since club level is not technically open.
It's not really an upgrade, the rooms aren't any nicer, they are just using those rooms for now like regular rooms until CL reopens (which isn't for a while).

Just wanted to add pics of our room, 3065. Loved this room. Great view, corner room, and right next to the stairs so we could pop out to the pool or Epcot walkway whenever. It did have a daybed. It would have been a walk to the lobby using interior hallways but we just went outside and walked which was much faster.View attachment 586848View attachment 586849
Awesome view! We will be visiting BCV in November. Any room recommendations with views such as this one … much appreciated!

Awesome view! We will be visiting BCV in November. Any room recommendations with views such as this one … much appreciated!

I don’t think you can get a Crescent Lake view from any room at BCV. If you look at a YC/BC/BCV resort map, BCV is sort of in front of BC (if the lake is considered behind BC).

It is frustrating to sit here and watch people who reserved cabanas at SAB only use them for a few hours and then leave for the day after trying countlessly to get one. Two out of the four have been open for 2.5 hours with only 3 hour left in the day now

Question: when we were there last week, the wait at Hurricane Hannah's was about 20 minutes all the time. Is that typical?

The club level is the 5th floor, so rooms would be numbered 5xxx.

It is frustrating to sit here and watch people who reserved cabanas at SAB only use them for a few hours and then leave for the day after trying countlessly to get one. Two out of the four have been open for 2.5 hours with only 3 hour left in the day now
I think part of the problem is that you can only book for the full day not half day. We have several days booked for our upcoming trip(Poly) and only want/ use for half days but have to book the entire day. I’m not sure if SAB cabanas we’re available half day before. I hope they go back to this soon so more people can book them.

QUOTE="DisneyGirlMI, post: 63140298, member: 452655"]
Any word on when the Beaches and Cream walk up window is going to reopen? That’s a nightly tradition for us.
[/QUOTE]
I understand it has been moved next to ESPN and its now called Boardwalk Ice Cream, replacing Ample Hills which declared bankruptcy.
2021-wdw-walt-disney-world-disney-world-disneys-boardwalk-boardwalk-ice-cream-former-ample-hil...jpg2021-wdw-boardwalk-inn-boardwalk-ice-cream-menu.jpg

Last edited:
Question: when we were there last week, the wait at Hurricane Hannah's was about 20 minutes all the time. Is that typical?

That would be extreme cases in my experience. Possible, yes, but not always.

Although I did wait 20-30 mins (I didn’t time it exactly) at HH for a drink just now (8:30 on 7/4). Disney resort holiday staffing has never been a strength, even pre Covid.

So long as two bartenders are working, the line tends to move reasonably well even if it “looks” long.

Checking in Sunday.

Is it easy to connect a firestick/Roku to the TV at the Yacht Club?

My son cannot miss a Loki episode. (He will bring his iPad but would prefer to watch it on the tv)

Friday AM walked in just to get a cup of coffee - no issues, CM at door waved me right in, worked just like old times.

Saturday AM got lectured (not really hyperbole, she was very serious/stern) by door CM that I really needed to mobile order, even after I told her I just wanted coffee. She finally conceded, but it was like she was doing me a big favor letting me in. :confused3

They may have always had these and I’ve never noticed (very possible), but the two registers on the shop side have coffee/drink cups, so an easy way to save some time if the market registers are backed up.

Very bizarre. We were there Father’s Day weekend. Never saw anyone at the door. And YC has cash & carry items, even more so than hot foods. I’m not mobile ordering a cash & carry muffin or croissant. For those things, you need to see what’s available & how it looks before you buy (I do at least). If it was just a counter service it would be different. But it’s not. Sounds like someone was being a bit over zealous in their duties.

Last edited:
Well now after going through Traditions Saturday and seeing the size of the group I went through. Disney is working to get more of us CMs in so things can get back to normal. Will say there were well over 200 people there Saturday so staffing issues while yes it will still take time it is a work in progress.

So odd! We arrived at YC on June 15 - the very day the mask mandates dropped throughout the resort. When we arrived mid-afternoon, I mobile-ordered lunch from Market at A&C and very diligently waited in the roped off, mobile order line outside the shop, trying very hard to abide by any rules that were still in place. The CM waiting outside said happily, "you can go right inside!". We were also able to either mobile order or order at the counter that entire week with zero issues. Hope you will be able to get your coffee without a lecture from here on out!!! :)

So odd! We arrived at YC on June 15 - the very day the mask mandates dropped throughout the resort. When we arrived mid-afternoon, I mobile-ordered lunch from Market at A&C and very diligently waited in the roped off, mobile order line outside the shop, trying very hard to abide by any rules that were still in place. The CM waiting outside said happily, "you can go right inside!". We were also able to either mobile order or order at the counter that entire week with zero issues. Hope you will be able to get your coffee without a lecture from here on out!!! :)

Well, final tally was three days normal access and just that one morning where they gave me a hard time - so who knows. I’m assuming they either put a newer CM out or maybe higher Sat AM crowds they wanted monitor? I give up trying to figure things out sometimes. 😂

We just returned and had an amazing trip. Honestly, my only real complaint is what you mention…the wait at HH. While I do think adding food orders to the bartender’s role is a big part of the problem, the woman working there the days we we were there was not only very slow, but really not even remotely friendly. Major disappointment. We saw some of it elsewhere, but not as bad. Disney is rehiring so many CMs in a short time and clearly has some training yet to do. I’m fine with inexperience and learning, but the woman at HH was downright rude, I thought.

Wooo! Less than 60 days and I am starting to get nervous/excited! Packing lists are started, which made me think of questions.

One is if you can get dishwashing soap at any of the marketplaces. We will have reusable cups plus sippy cups and I'm wary of soap bottles leaking.

The second is ac temp. I'm one of those people who hate to be cold. Should I bring light sweaters or shawls for around the hotel?

Last is if they have infant life vests by the pool? We have one my 21 month old tolerates, but it takes a lot of space.
I sometimes soak a new sponge with water and a few drops of dish soap. Then I let it dry and bring it with us to use when cleaning out our refillable mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter