• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the coffee bar in the solarium is open? and if so does it still open at 5:30?

what coffee bar? I checked out the solarium yesterday. I saw a big tv, tables and chairs. No sight of any coffee bar, not even cups.

what coffee bar? I checked out the solarium yesterday. I saw a big tv, tables and chairs. No sight of any coffee bar, not even cups.
Pre-Covid there was a specialty coffee bar set up in the Solarium which did open at 5:30 AM. If you're facing the TV it would have been located to the right of the TV. I think you confirmed that it has not reopened!

I think the problem is probably that Disney increased park & hotel capacity & reopened more hotels without hiring more (enough) people first. In May that’s pretty much what I was told by a hotel CM, who was severely overworked & overwhelmed.

On the way home after a 6 days 6 nights stay at YC. This was our first time staying at YC. In the past we have stayed at AKL and GF (CL). I would say YC is a lovely place, much better than AKL and GF. The smell of YC’s lobby is addictive. I love the decor and the earthy color schemes. The CMs were so helpful and friendly.

Our room was 1074. I really like the location. It’s around the corner from the laundry room, door to the quiet pool and an emergency exit that leads to the ferry dock. It has a day bed and a connecting door to room 1072. I paid for a garden view room. Although the patio is facing the quiet pool, the line of vision is blocked by bushes and shrubs.

Mousekeeping service was definitely limited during this trip. But that didn’t bother us as we don’t need daily housekeeping services. If we need towels, I just get them from a mouse keeper who I saw in the hallway.

the Market at Ale and Compass was nice. The lines were never long. There are two Coke Freesyle machines. The store-made chips were delicious!! The first time I saw them I asked if I could buy a bag. The CM sz no. Yesterday my DH came back to the room with a bag of chips. He asked for a bag of chips and the CM just gave him a bag, for FREE.:love2:

SAB was better than I expected.
Love taking the friendship boats to HS and Epcot. One morning my DS was under the weather. We had DHS reserved that day. Since Epcot passes were still available that morning, I went to Epcot with DD while DH and DS rested in the hotel room. We took the ferry to Epcot and just walked around the world showcase. That night we left our hotel room at 9pm to see the fireworks and came back. Comparing to our stay at GF, I love the Epcot resorts much better!

I wonder how the CL would be like at YC. DH misses CL so much during this trip.

Just arrived and the pool… holy cow. Suggestions for best time to visit and actually find a couple of seats? Wondering if 10am opening or evening will be a better option.

Just arrived and the pool… holy cow. Suggestions for best time to visit and actually find a couple of seats? Wondering if 10am opening or evening will be a better option.
We haven't had any problem in the late afternoon and early evenings. I imagine around 3 is the time most people take a break from the parks. That being said, we are about to go down now and we will see if that is still holding true today.

So we finally got our room requests--I was only on hold for 2 hours :rolleyes1 Question--why in the world doesn't Disney have an online option for room requests? I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I must've missed it :confused3

Edit to correct--we finally got to make our room requests, as the kind CM told me, nothing is guaranteed :drinking:

So we finally got our room requests--I was only on hold for 2 hours :rolleyes1 Question--why in the world doesn't Disney have an online option for room requests? I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I must've missed it :confused3

Edit to correct--we finally got to make our room requests, as the kind CM told me, nothing is guaranteed :drinking:

I've used Touring Plans to make room requests. I go onto their website, select a room I like (within the category I booked) and they send in a room request for me. It's super easy and no long waits on hold to speak with a CM. Like you mentioned, a room request is just that, a request, but it doesn't hurt to try. I hope you get what you requested.

Next time use the chat function on the dvc website. Granted it’s not always readily available, but waiting 10-15 mins for chat to pop up seems better than 2 hour wait times recently. They can put in for room requests for you :)

Next time use the chat function on the dvc website. Granted it’s not always readily available, but waiting 10-15 mins for chat to pop up seems better than 2 hour wait times recently. They can put in for room requests for you :)
Well I must admit the hold music was nice, but when it started to loop around a third time...Thanks for the tip :)

Page 1878-1879

Staying at the BC for the first time Aug 15-21. We have been to WDW many times and this has been our dream resort for years. 50th Birthday and A covid-postponed high school graduation celebration! Can’t wait !!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

A great place for a milestone birthday and postponed graduation celebration.

:cool1:

Heading to Beach club next month, 16th -18th. What is the security like at Storm-along Bay right now? Are they scanning magic bands? Do you show a room card to prove you are a resort guest if you don’t have a magic band?

I'll add you to the list!

Yes, you will be asked to show proof that you are staying at the resort before entering Stormalong Bay- either a Magic Band scan or key card.

::yes::

Hello! We are getting ready for our first YC stay! We have stayed at BC before and loved it. Sad there is no CL available anywhere on property, but happily looking forward to being back at SAB. We are in the middle of a move, our family is split into different living arrangements while we build a house, so we are all getting together to stay at YC for one night (July 5) and doing one day in MK (July 6).

What are they sending out now prior to arrivals? I received an envelope in the regular mail that contains luggage tags and vouchers for the things like mini golf. Then on the same day I got a phone call and an email from UPS saying they tried to deliver a package from “WDW fulfillment” but somehow it got sent to my old address and can’t be forwarded. I’m not sure what this package could be because I wasn’t expecting anything else. Any thoughts?

:welcome: back!

Hope you had a great stay!

:thumbsup2

A little advice please : ) I have already called and put in a room request (booked standard room because that was all they had at the time but we would like to not look at the roof top with cooling towers as DH works on them for a living and would like to not see them on vacation lol), but when I go to online check in it gives me a green check mark saying "These details are on file". Does this mean the resort has the request and I should leave the room request blank? What about mousekeeping part? Leave it blank too? Thanks for any help!

When is your trip.

Hope that the room assigners are able to meet your request!

:dogdance:

Arriving to the YC on Oct 23-30th. :flower1: This is my SO's first time ever staying on property, and our 4-year anniversary... we originally had a split stay of garden view YC / standard BW, but I managed to grab the only full-week room I could find for YC. (Water view.) Is it worth the extra $100 from garden?

I am fingers crossed for any type of discount or garden view room opening, as I feel weird staying at such a high-level rack rate. Trying to remain positive and excited, but mostly just nervous about all of the 50th hype! It was the only week we could take this Fall.

I'll add you to the list.

Keep checking for available rooms or discounts. As you have noted, occupancy is really tight due to the 50th anniversary. Not sure how likely it is for discounts to be offered, but it is very possible for guests to make changes, or perhaps there are rooms blocked for conventions or other reasons, so maybe a GV room will open up.

:cool2:

We are here now and they told us the bar can refill the mugs but you have to stand in line which so far when we have checked has been wrapped around the building. Why they don't just open the drink refill station is beyond me. It is too hot out here to not have easy access to drinks. We stayed at Wilderness last month and AKL last week and both have self serve stations open. Zero consistency across resorts which is maddening.

Yes. I saw some yogurt parfait next to the cupcakes/desserts/salad grab & go items today in the BC Marketplace.

Thanks for sharing this info.

:thanks:

Just returned from yc last night. since 6/18. water view room standard double beds walkin shower room #3177. beautiful view. balcony overlooked back center of resort staring straight at the lighthouse.

*snip*

Thanks for sharing the review of your stay! Glad you had a great time!

Was there a daybed/couch in your room?

:magnify:

I think the problem is probably that Disney increased park & hotel capacity & reopened more hotels without hiring more (enough) people first. In May that’s pretty much what I was told by a hotel CM, who was severely overworked & overwhelmed.
In our first two days here we’ve seen LOTS of “earning my ears” on the name tags - many of them are the new college program kids - so it’s exciting to see they are ramping up but it’s still clear they have a LONG ways to go to be fully staffed and have things back to the normal we are all accustom to around WDW.

After a lot of back and forth between the hubby and I, we are switching for the Poly to a Epcot resort. The price is almost identical for a garden/woods view at YC and BC, any recommendations?
Our 9 year old loves to sit out on the balcony and people watch. It’s her ‘chill time’ when she wakes up or after a long park day.

After a lot of back and forth between the hubby and I, we are switching for the Poly to a Epcot resort. The price is almost identical for a garden/woods view at YC and BC, any recommendations?
Our 9 year old loves to sit out on the balcony and people watch. It’s her ‘chill time’ when she wakes up or after a long park day.
For a guaranteed (99.9%) chance of having a full-size, sit-out balcony, you will want to book at the YC. Only about half of the BC rooms have sit-out balconies, with the others just being Juliette (small, standing, only) balconies. For good people-watching, request a gazebo-view room.

Pre-Covid there was a specialty coffee bar set up in the Solarium which did open at 5:30 AM. If you're facing the TV it would have been located to the right of the TV. I think you confirmed that it has not reopened!

That was removed before the resort reopened at all. The espresso machine is in the marketplace now and you can mobile order those drinks or just buy in the store. A cast member still makes them for you but you can only get 2% milk no other milks. If you need other milks, you have to go to the Yacht side as they have the steamer wand.

That was removed before the resort reopened at all. The espresso machine is in the marketplace now and you can mobile order those drinks or just buy in the store. A cast member still makes them for you but you can only get 2% milk no other milks. If you need other milks, you have to go to the Yacht side as they have the steamer wand.
Just to put things in date context, the coffee bar was open when we were there for marathon weekend
in January 2020 [Pre-Covid]. The resorts and everything associated with it shut down two months later in March, 2020. Many things have fallen victim to the shutdown.

Just to put things in date context, the coffee bar was open when we were there for marathon weekend
in January 2020 [Pre-Covid]. The resorts and everything associated with it shut down two months later in March, 2020. Many things have fallen victim to the shutdown.

Yes, the coffee bar closed with the resort, maybe a week or so before the resort closed? But it was slated for closure the whole time due to the Marketplace remodel that was supposed to start May 2020 (then pushed to summer 2020). It's not closed due to staffing, it was never a permanent fixture. It was relocated as planned into the Marketplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter