Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There used to be two freestyle machines at the BC Marketplace and I was thrilled when they took them out. Two machines were not enough for the amount of people using them. There was a learning curve to the machines and the endless flavor choices made the lines for the machines rather long at time. I hated the fact that the only way you could get ice and water was from the freestyle machines, which were often busy.

The Yacht Club marketplace still has two freestyle machines, which is nice for people who enjoyed some of the beverages that are available.
There were a few lines last time we were there (now that I know I was remembering correctly lol). However, I have a different feeling on them. I love the resorts that have the freestyle machines, and while it wouldn't directly make me choose one resort over another if all things were equal it would play into it then. We did go to the YC for their machines and gift shop a few times during our stay, they never had a line. They also had 3 of them at Riviera and I never waited more than 1 person to fill my mugs. We also never had a problem with them at the CBR. So IME I love having the choice of ginger lime diet coke, and the kids get flavored lemonade or Hi-C, and I've luckily never run into the lines. It would be nice if they had a separate water filling station, one for water bottles as well would be great. I hope they never give up and eliminate all of the freestyle machines, I would be so sad! was thrilled when they started putting them in.

another quick question. for those who use TPs room viewer, am i missing something? or are the only choices for water view 1 king or 2 queens? i know there are like 5 different room options, so i was hoping to narrow down to the specifics (like 1 king 1 day bed) but it looks like i can only see what is a king and what is a 2 queen. anyone know of somewhere else i can see the full details of sleeping arrangements? if not no worries.

another quick question. for those who use TPs room viewer, am i missing something? or are the only choices for water view 1 king or 2 queens? i know there are like 5 different room options, so i was hoping to narrow down to the specifics (like 1 king 1 day bed) but it looks like i can only see what is a king and what is a 2 queen. anyone know of somewhere else i can see the full details of sleeping arrangements? if not no worries.
I don't think TP gets that specific, and from what I've gathered they often have errors on the bed type anyway. I've seen multiple comments under a room that says 2Q that it is a king. The main benefit that you can more or less count on (but still use common sense when looking at the photos vs where the room is ) is seeing the view from a particular room number, and seeing which rooms are standard vs garden vs water vs theme park, etc... (depending on which resort sine they classify differently).

(first post on these forums)

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I have a split-stay trip booked for mid-October. I'm checking into Riviera Resort on 10/9 and checking out on 10/12 (staying at the Contemporary after that). I finally talked my wife into switching this reservation, if possible, to Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk (in that order) due to the close proximity to EPCOT and the larger room size (we have a Tower Studio booked for Riviera and it's tiny). I've been checking the website periodically every day for the last two weeks but nothing in any of these three resorts has become available. I can't say I am exactly surprised since Magic Kingdom and EPCOT park reservations are already booked for that Saturday we check in, so clearly they will be very busy that weekend.

I guess my question for some of the veterans here is if it is common for reservations for previously booked rooms to open back up closer to the 30 day mark as folks' plans change and they cancel reservations, or if perhaps Disney has not opened up their full inventory of rooms for reservation due to staff shortages or some other circumstances (a theory I read elsewhere on here) and that those rooms will likely open up soon.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated here. This is the first trip to Disney World for both of us in 30 years, and our first together.

(first post on these forums)

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I have a split-stay trip booked for mid-October. I'm checking into Riviera Resort on 10/9 and checking out on 10/12 (staying at the Contemporary after that). I finally talked my wife into switching this reservation, if possible, to Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Boardwalk (in that order) due to the close proximity to EPCOT and the larger room size (we have a Tower Studio booked for Riviera and it's tiny). I've been checking the website periodically every day for the last two weeks but nothing in any of these three resorts has become available. I can't say I am exactly surprised since Magic Kingdom and EPCOT park reservations are already booked for that Saturday we check in, so clearly they will be very busy that weekend.

I guess my question for some of the veterans here is if it is common for reservations for previously booked rooms to open back up closer to the 30 day mark as folks' plans change and they cancel reservations, or if perhaps Disney has not opened up their full inventory of rooms for reservation due to staff shortages or some other circumstances (a theory I read elsewhere on here) and that those rooms will likely open up soon.

Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated here. This is the first trip to Disney World for both of us in 30 years, and our first together.
I've noticed that things change all of the time, so keep checking frequently. Just keep the page up and minimized or in a different window, and refresh as often as you can. That being right after the 50th starts and during F&W makes it busy, particularly for those Epcot resorts, but even so I would expect a room at one of them to pop up eventually. If you see it at a price you will pay book it, then decide and cancel the one you don't want. You could also check for a studio at the Riviera, and even CBR if you wanted. Whenever I've been watching for a room and think it's hopeless, I've always been able to eventually get something that I want - maybe not my #1 choice, but something (Like any MK resort, or any Epcot resort).

If we are at SAB and order something from a roving server, how do you tip them? We usually don't take cash with us to the pool. Is there a slip we sign and can add a tip?

Yes....I've used it quite often with fair success......but it doesn't tell us which rooms are/are not pet friendly. It really isn't that big a deal, I was just curious and apprecaite your insight.
Not sure where the dog rooms are but our two daughters are allergic to dogs so I have in the past put in a request for a non dog room due to daughters being highly allergic to dogs. We also request a deep cleaning before checking in due to our one daughter having severe food allergies.

51322512305_aa6e382cb8_b.jpg

Monday Magic Mail! Trip is so far away but couldn't resist these ears for our next Beach Club stay! :sail: :love:
What website did you order these ears from? My daughter just peaked in as I was looking at your post and said they are cute. We're going next summer. It'll be a nice surprise for her.

Questions for the runners out there-
Husband is trying to train for a marathon and will want to get in a daily run. Is there a route that he could do around YC to get some distance in or will he be doing a lot of laps?

Husband is trying to train for a marathon and will want to get in a daily run. Is there a route that he could do around YC to get some distance in or will he be doing a lot of laps?

He can run up the path towards Studios and then back down/around the Boardwalk but depending on where he is in his training I think laps become inevitable :/

552452A4-C1AD-46E6-9E65-1EB54F3DC17D.jpeg

There is a sign like this by the SAB. As other’s have mentioned, he can also run to DHS and back. That route would be 1 mile one way.

I've noticed that things change all of the time, so keep checking frequently. Just keep the page up and minimized or in a different window, and refresh as often as you can. That being right after the 50th starts and during F&W makes it busy, particularly for those Epcot resorts, but even so I would expect a room at one of them to pop up eventually. If you see it at a price you will pay book it, then decide and cancel the one you don't want. You could also check for a studio at the Riviera, and even CBR if you wanted. Whenever I've been watching for a room and think it's hopeless, I've always been able to eventually get something that I want - maybe not my #1 choice, but something (Like any MK resort, or any Epcot resort).
Thank you for the advice. I'll cross my fingers and keep stalking the website for the room I want.

Hello, I haven’t paid much attention to the thread as I haven’t had a trip to BC/YC planned. However, I’m now considering a trip in August. Would anyone update me as to capacity at SAB? Are they still limiting the number of people allowed into the pool? If so, has it been capping out a ton?
I’m just debating on whether or not it would be worth it to pay to upgrade to YC. I love the hotel itself but the defining feature for me is SAB. If we couldn’t use it (we are not early risers), it would not be worth it for me to go.

OH MY GOD I NEED THOSE!!!
What website did you order these ears from? My daughter just peaked in as I was looking at your post and said they are cute. We're going next summer. It'll be a nice surprise for her.
Where did you find those? Love them!

They are from an Etsy store here in Scotland, The Merry Ear Market, the fabric was super limited so there were only three pairs made, I think there might be 2 left.... I think you'd have to message Rachel and ask! Good luck! She does resort collections, I've got a pair of Poly ears too as they are perfect for an Ohana or MK day too. The GF ones are beautiful too but not my resort! The bags are unlimited though so she has plenty of those in different sizes, that's an accessory one but she has ear bags! You can find her on Instagram too.

There's about a 2.5 loop using the sidewalks that encircle the Epcot Resorts on Epcot Resorts Boulevard and E Buena Vista Drive. If you head out the front of the YC, past the guard shack you'll pick up the sidewalk. I usually head left past the Dolphin, Swan, then left on Buena Vista, over the canal and take a left back past the BW. Sidewalk disappears for about 150 feet after BW but you can run on the grass. Under the canal that goes to Epcot and you'll be back to the BC and then YC. I'll repeat this for a 5 miler and then do some loops around Crescent Lake and up the path that leads to HS. It's pretty easy to get a "non boring" 8 - 10 miler in, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter