Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We've never stayed in the EPCOT area, but we're considering a future stay somewhere not-at-MK-resorts. I have a quick question about Beach/Yacht club.

Since COVID, we've been going to Disney Springs to get take-out or ordering food from a resort to bring back to eat on the balcony. On our last trip, we had one of the railing balconies at Polynesian and so we ended up eating our meals in the room. We had a nice view but it still got too confining to come back to the room to eat inside the room.

Is there a category at Beach or Yacht with either balcony or patio, something large enough to include small table/chairs? More specifically, do the water-view rooms at Beach Club all have either balcony or patio? I don't want to book a category that might have a balcony (like we did at Polynesian) but rather one that will have a balcony.

Thanks, all!

Only about 50% of rooms at the BC have full balconies. Not all water view rooms have balconies. If you want a full balcony, I'd recommend booking a room at the YC. I'm pretty sure almost all but a few rooms have full balconies there.

Not sure if it will ever return, but the best spot ever was on the YC veranda in front of Crews Cup/Yachtsman and overlooking SAB. It was removed during COVID and the NBA invasion and I don't think it ever returned. Hope springs eternal that it will once CC and Yachtsman reopen--it was still on the map last spring.

I’ve got to say, as a nonsmoker, I hated the smoking areas along that walk. When you had to walk by, it wasn’t too bad. But often the only pool chairs we could find were right in front of the smoking areas. Not the smokers fault, but really poor planning on Disney’s part to put the smoking area that close to other sitting areas.

I’ve got to say, as a nonsmoker, I hated the smoking areas along that walk. When you had to walk by, it wasn’t too bad. But often the only pool chairs we could find were right in front of the smoking areas. Not the smokers fault, but really poor planning on Disney’s part to put the smoking area that close to other sitting areas.
The worst thing Disney did was to put the Epcot smoking area in the little shortcut walkway that goes under the bridge to Boardwalk. It is a sidewalk from the International Gateway to the Beach Club that goes under the bridge. It used to be a great way to avoid going up that big hill but now the smoke has ruined it. :(

Page 1913-1914

Bringing my 6 yr old daughter for her first Disney trip 9/18 - 9/25. ASM the first night then over to BC (standard view...there for the parks) for the rest of the time. It will be a birthday surprise two weeks prior to arriving. It has been super hard to plan it and not accidentally let her find out. 19 days until she finds out...not that the wife and I are counting!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

What a fun age and great time of year for your daughter's first trip!

:cool1:

Change of Plans, postponing our Family Trip until May 4 to 14th 2022, sad to miss the actual 50TH Celebration!

Got it!

I'll make the change to the list.

::yes::

Was it the separate machine with the gold peak? I don’t do sugary drinks so the unsweetened tea and coffee are worth it for the mug for me. but without the tea, don’t know that coffee alone is.

I could be wrong, but I have seen the separate Gold Peak machines at other resorts, so I am assuming the same at the Yacht & Beach.

:thumbsup2

Are there any spots around Crescent Lake where someone can sit and enjoy a cigar without it bothering too many guests? I am not a fan of camping out in the smoking areas right under guests rooms. Basically, are there any smoking areas around the lake (including the Boardwalk), that have a bench?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip planned?

:cool2:

We've never stayed in the EPCOT area, but we're considering a future stay somewhere not-at-MK-resorts. I have a quick question about Beach/Yacht club.

Since COVID, we've been going to Disney Springs to get take-out or ordering food from a resort to bring back to eat on the balcony. On our last trip, we had one of the railing balconies at Polynesian and so we ended up eating our meals in the room. We had a nice view but it still got too confining to come back to the room to eat inside the room.

Is there a category at Beach or Yacht with either balcony or patio, something large enough to include small table/chairs? More specifically, do the water-view rooms at Beach Club all have either balcony or patio? I don't want to book a category that might have a balcony (like we did at Polynesian) but rather one that will have a balcony.

Thanks, all!

:welcome:

As others have advised, it is about a 50-50 shot for a full balcony with table and chairs at the Beach Club, across all room categories, but almost 100% of the rooms at the Yacht Club have balconies with tables and chairs where there is room to eat outside.

Let us know if you book a trip here.

:dogdance:

For anyone who knows, or can check, does Stormalong Bay have any clocks visible? I don't want to bring my phone, don't wear a watch, but would like to keep an eye on the time while I'm there. Thanks!
No, no they do not. I’ve resorted more than once to asking a lifeguard. The only clock I ever saw was by one of the hot tubs and you can only see it if you are in the hot tub.

Change of Plans, postponing our Family Trip until May 4 to 14th 2022, sad to miss the actual 50TH Celebration!
Hey Dee, could you change our dates, we were originally going Sept- October 2021. Thanks so much :flower:

First Time staying at yacht club tomorrow! Does anyone have updated menus for quick service at yacht and beach?
You can find the menus for dining at the Yacht and Beach Clubs by using the MDE app for your account. Go to My Plans, Resort reservation, View room details. You will find a tab called Dining. Click on that and you will see all the restaurants, lounges and marketplaces listed. Just click on menus from there. It is very handy. :)

Can someone tell me if they have the iced tea and hot chocolate machines as well as soft drinks for the refillable mugs? Trying to see if we will buy them again this time, but I don’t drink soft drinks, just tea and coffee. I usually only buy if they have the tea machine.
I was just at the Marketplace this morning and can confirm that they have the hot cocoa machines, right next to the coffee station. Iced tea dispensers as well. Sweet and unsweetened.
Unfortunately, they swapped out the touch screen soda dispensers with traditional soda dispensers. No more creatively flavoring your magic cup drinks. My kids loved those machines, and I loved having a nice strawberry lemonade after a long day in the parks.

I was just at the Marketplace this morning and can confirm that they have the hot cocoa machines, right next to the coffee station. Iced tea dispensers as well. Sweet and unsweetened.
Unfortunately, they swapped out the touch screen soda dispensers with traditional soda dispensers. No more creatively flavoring your magic cup drinks. My kids loved those machines, and I loved having a nice strawberry lemonade after a long day in the parks.
The Beach Club Marketplace replaced the Freestyle machines (touch screen) with the regular drink dispensers, but the last time we were there, they still had the Freestyle machines at the Yacht Club marketplace, which is called the Market at Ale and Compass. :)

Oh no, really! We were just there last week and they had 2 freestyle machines.....(Yacht Club.....maybe you meant Beach club in which case, sorry for alarm!)

Thank you for this! Yes, we are BCV so we go to the Beach Club marketplace; but the kids would gladly walk over to YC if it meant they can use those touchscreen soda machines. Their little faces dropped when they saw the machines were replaced at BeachClub Marketplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter