Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are staying at the BC in a standard room in August. 2 questions:
1) do any of the standard rooms have the normal balconies?
2) do any of the standard rooms have 2 queen beds and the flip down couch/daybed?

We are a family of 4, but our two kids are at the teenager/preteen age. Sharing a bed may not be ideal.

Thanks!

Hi all, haven’t posted much at all recently, but definitely checking in every day. We arrive at the Yacht Club tomorrow for just three days! Let me know if anyone would like any pictures or information. Thanks so much for everyone’s updates. Can’t wait!

2) do any of the standard rooms have 2 queen beds and the flip down couch/daybed?

We are a family of 4, but our two kids are at the teenager/preteen age. Sharing a bed may not be ideal.

Thanks!

Yes to both of your questions. We stayed in a standard room once. It was on the third floor and overlooked a roof looking towards the bus stop. I think most of the rooms on the third and fourth floors in this same area are standard. The view was awful, so we now pay more for words/garden view. We always request a daybed and have always received one.

Thanks!
We had our travel agent change our room to garden/woods view today. I’d love to hear some good room request suggestions!

We would love a full balcony and daybed!

Just returned from a wonderful week at YC. Room 1042, 2 beds, daybed & shower only (no tub) was classified as garden/woods view but view was of quiet pool. Long walk from lobby but close to secret entrance. Many conferences going on while we were there, marina area held various private events & one night there was a massive awards dinner on the beach. Pool area wasn’t crowded at all & we never waited for a bus or didn’t get a seat. All the staff we encountered were wonderful!

We had our travel agent change our room to garden/woods view today. I’d love to hear some good room request suggestions!

We would love a full balcony and daybed!
The majority of the garden view rooms face the woods between BC and Epcot. There are some nice garden view rooms facing the volleyball courtyard, but not too many. Only approximately 50% of the BC rooms have a full balcony. So I would request what is most important to you first. :) The majority of the rooms have daybeds, but not all of them. So I would make the daybed the most important request. :)

Last edited:
Is yacht club still pet friendly? We were thinking of staying there since the rooms are redone with no carpet. But I’m allergic to pet dander. Are the pets only on certain floors or certain buildings or room type? I just don’t want to be in a room where a dog was on the pillow since that would bother my allergies with my face on the pillow. Is there a room category to pick that I would not get a pet room for sure? Thanks? Really want to try the pool here.

Is yacht club still pet friendly? We were thinking of staying there since the rooms are redone with no carpet. But I’m allergic to pet dander. Are the pets only on certain floors or certain buildings or room type? I just don’t want to be in a room where a dog was on the pillow since that would bother my allergies with my face on the pillow. Is there a room category to pick that I would not get a pet room for sure? Thanks? Really want to try the pool here.

We were there last week. And yes dogs are still allowed. We were there for 5 nights & only saw a dog once. When they first started with dogs, they were supposedly limited to the quiet pool area. But now they can be placed anywhere. You could ask for a deep cleaning & explain your dog allergy. I don’t know how that applies to pillows tho.

Here now and have only seen 2 small dogs. I imagine they have rooms that are never
Used for guests with pets.

Pleasant surprise when we returned to room. It’s not bad to have maid service every other day, I thought it might be but nope. They are a phone call away if
You need anything.

Attachments

• 551EBA20-F278-4154-8F64-9302E8C21D6E.jpeg
    551EBA20-F278-4154-8F64-9302E8C21D6E.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 86

We were there last week. And yes dogs are still allowed. We were there for 5 nights & only saw a dog once. When they first started with dogs, they were supposedly limited to the quiet pool area. But now they can be placed anywhere. You could ask for a deep cleaning & explain your dog allergy. I don’t know how that applies to pillows tho.
Make a room request and ask for a deep clean for dander allergy and specifically mention the bed covers and pillows. I would even go so far as to request hypoallergenic pillows. While before covid, I asked for a deep clean at Wilderness Lodge club level right before the remodel. We went at Christmas, and I have severe reactions to mold once leaves fall until after several hard frosts. Our balcony and furniture, sliders, curtains, etc. and all the tops of interior furniture and shelving were spotless. While that should always be true, requesting a deep clean for an allergy makes mousekeeping and management more aware. By making an official request, it will be recorded on your reservation and hopefully management will be more accommodating and act quickly if your room does not meet your expectations.

ETA, We have been at Yacht a club since it became pet friendly, and it did not affect my allergies. I do have my own dogs, but I have stayed in hotels before that dusty and/or dander filled bedding affected me. Our water view rooms have not been an issue.

I must be missing something. If you really want to try the pool, why not try Beach Club or Beach Club Villas, since they all share all the pools? Not available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter