Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are planning on trying to get one of the cabanas at SAB for a day during our week at the BC. I see where it says a max of 6 people. We‘ll be 6 adults and 4 children ages 5, 3, 3 and 1 1/2. Has anyone here had more than 6 in a cabana? Can you pay an additional price for over 6 people or is it 6 period?

I‘ve searched for the answer here and elsewhere and have seen conflicting answers.

I‘ve never done a cabana, but I‘m familiar with the area. I think I’ve read post or 2 about having more than 6 people However, you want to have 10 people. That’s almost double the stated capacity. The cabanas aren’t that far apart from each other. It seems like it would be intrusive to the other people renting cabanas to have that many people in one cabana area. You might need to consider reserving 2 for a group your size.

Since this is out first BCV stay we have no idea where we should request our room it. Any suggestions? We are staying in a studio.

Since this is out first BCV stay we have no idea where we should request our room it. Any suggestions? We are staying in a studio.
You do not want to request a room near the elevators. You can hear annoying whirring sounds from the elevators when you are in nearby rooms.

You might be able to see fireworks if you are on a high floor facing Epcot, but the trees keep growing so the fireworks get harder and harder to see.

Some people like facing the BCV pool more than facing the road.

None of the rooms have great views. And it's always at full capacity, so who knows if someone will be checking out of a room that you would want on the day that you are checking in.

You might know this, but a reminder for others: if you have a cash reservation, you can make a room request by calling 407-W-DISNEY. If you are staying on points, calling that number won't help; the request has to be made through Member Services and only the member can do it. Anybody can pay for a subscription at www.touringplans.com and use their room request service (even non-members staying in DVC rooms).

BCV floor map:
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

You do not want to request a room near the elevators. You can hear annoying whirring sounds from the elevators when you are in nearby rooms.

You might be able to see fireworks if you are on a high floor facing Epcot, but the trees keep growing so the fireworks get harder and harder to see.

Some people like facing the BCV pool more than facing the road.

None of the rooms have great views. And it's always at full capacity, so who knows if someone will be checking out of a room that you would want on the day that you are checking in.

You might know this, but a reminder for others: if you have a cash reservation, you can make a room request by calling 407-W-DISNEY. If you are staying on points, calling that number won't help; the request has to be made through Member Services and only the member can do it. Anybody can pay for a subscription at www.touringplans.com and use their room request service (even non-members staying in DVC rooms).

BCV floor map:
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/floor1.php

Thanks! We have a paid touring plans membership and have used the room requester before to mised results (which is fine bcause its only a request, not a guarantee). The person I am renting points from also said she could put in a request for me with member services so I may just go that route.

has anyone tried recently to get a guest day pass for the resort/SAB? the 4 of us are staying at bcv but my brother is staying at pop for a few days during our trip and wanted to see about getting him in for our pool day.

has anyone tried recently to get a guest day pass for the resort/SAB? the 4 of us are staying at bcv but my brother is staying at pop for a few days during our trip and wanted to see about getting him in for our pool day.

If you have capacity in your room, the best way to do that is to add him to your reservation for the night. There's a small per person charge, but it gives him full access to SAB. Otherwise, it's hit and miss as to whether they would allow it. If they're booked to capacity- which they seem to be most times, you'll likely be told no. You just won't know until you ask at the desk. Putting him on the reservation guarantees access but you have to do it day of.

Any updates on the lighthouse at the Yacht Club boat dock? I know it’s being refurbished but I’m hoping it’s finished by the last week of September! I just love the look of it and hope it’s clear of construction and that the boats are running accordingly.

Congratulations on reaching 40,000 posts!

Now please forgive me but I have searched and can't really find a good answer (plus have checked Touring Plans and was equally confused...) so hoping this isn't a duplicate Q:

We're due to arrive at BC in about 40 days so starting to think about room requests. We paid for a standard room and Mr Eskimo wants to request a full balcony, which I know are few and far between for a standard view. I think there are some with a roof view that then looks out into SAB, and I think there are some that look over the rear entrance to the hotel. Any pros / cons to these and are there any that I haven't seen? There are conflicting floor plans with what's a standard view and what isn't so I'm just confused 😆 Plus we really don't want to be overlooking the front entrance of the hotel due to possible noise.

Once again, sorry if it's been asked before!
Hi - we've stayed standard view at BC several times. There were drawbacks to the room right above the valet and the room looking out over 'pebble beach' - i.e., fantastic view of Stormalong and the lake! So the room facing the valet was much quieter (the pool isn't quiet until about 11pm, and then the cleaners start up around 5am iirc - this is late August so ymmv). None of this bothered my kids, and I'm up anyway at 5am. The valet view: while the balcony was in full shade, which was nice, the smell and sound of cars/trucks made it so I didn't ever spend time out there. But: we could see a bit of the Epcot fireworks (on the valet facing balcony)! Definitely could see them at the pebble beach room. So the big drawback for us on the pebble beach room: it smelled like seafood afternoon to late at night (its over Cape May), and there is a whirring sound most of the day and night from the service elevator in the corner of that area. We got a box fan from the front desk to mostly drown out the sound. ANyway, I'd go with the smell and sound issues and choose pebble beach room again because the view is important to me. I live on a busy road so really don't care for vehicle view/sound/smell. ymmv!! hth.

We are planning on trying to get one of the cabanas at SAB for a day during our week at the BC. I see where it says a max of 6 people. We‘ll be 6 adults and 4 children ages 5, 3, 3 and 1 1/2. Has anyone here had more than 6 in a cabana? Can you pay an additional price for over 6 people or is it 6 period?

I‘ve searched for the answer here and elsewhere and have seen conflicting answers.
So this is not an official answer by any stretch...but I'll report what I overheard when I was in cabana 4 beginning of July.

A large group probably 8 adults and 5 or 6 children rented cabana 2 and 3. I overheard two of ladies discussing how they did not think it was necessary for them to rent two cabanas. I also heard them say "we should have been allowed to rent one".

They definitely set up and used both cabanas and from my perspective of being in cabana 4 - it would have been a bit overwhelming to have that many people next to me in one cabana.

Again, nothing official!

Any updates on the lighthouse at the Yacht Club boat dock? I know it’s being refurbished but I’m hoping it’s finished by the last week of September! I just love the look of it and hope it’s clear of construction and that the boats are running accordingly.
No announced date for the Lighthouse work but the Friendships are running as normal. They just hold you earlier on the Dock area.

Dave

So this is not an official answer by any stretch...but I'll report what I overheard when I was in cabana 4 beginning of July.

A large group probably 8 adults and 5 or 6 children rented cabana 2 and 3. I overheard two of ladies discussing how they did not think it was necessary for them to rent two cabanas. I also heard them say "we should have been allowed to rent one".

They definitely set up and used both cabanas and from my perspective of being in cabana 4 - it would have been a bit overwhelming to have that many people next to me in one cabana.

Again, nothing official!
Going to try for two now. The budget is already blown for this “once in a lifetime” trip so what’s another $300🤣🤣

Given that view I would be very worried about noise during the day. Did they mention if there was any sound proofing? I love the idea of a suite - and have stayed in the Vice Presidential Suite at Grand Floridan - but I wouldn't want to hear pool noise from early morning until 11pm.
Thank you! We are staying in the Newport Presidential suite in September and it is so hard to find any information on the suites. Even from the cast members at the resort and guest services…

Here are a couple of YouTube videos of the Newport Presidential suite:

It is located on the 5th floor (CL Floor) of the Beach Club

Here is an older review from 2016 with more details:

https://www.glassslipperconcierge.c...mpaign=March+2016+newsletter&utm_medium=email

Dave
Thank you! I have seen these but unfortunately you can’t get confirmation on the type of couches they have? When speaking to the manager at the resort, he didn’t even know which were pullouts vs regular. He said they change things around often but the couches in all the photos and videos look the same. I just can’t tell what kind they are?

Ahh you are looking for the number of sleeping surfaces for your group. Since you already talked to the "manager" on duty at the resort. You might want to contact Disney Signature Service (DSS).

You should call 407-939-7777 or email disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com as they provide assistance for your CL stay planning. Note: they are available seven days a week from 9 to 5 Eastern Time.

DSS should be able to contact a CM at the Stone Harbor CL desk to get you a specific room layout. If you use email make sure to include your Reservation information.

Dave

Hi - we've stayed standard view at BC several times. There were drawbacks to the room right above the valet and the room looking out over 'pebble beach' - i.e., fantastic view of Stormalong and the lake! So the room facing the valet was much quieter (the pool isn't quiet until about 11pm, and then the cleaners start up around 5am iirc - this is late August so ymmv). None of this bothered my kids, and I'm up anyway at 5am. The valet view: while the balcony was in full shade, which was nice, the smell and sound of cars/trucks made it so I didn't ever spend time out there. But: we could see a bit of the Epcot fireworks (on the valet facing balcony)! Definitely could see them at the pebble beach room. So the big drawback for us on the pebble beach room: it smelled like seafood afternoon to late at night (its over Cape May), and there is a whirring sound most of the day and night from the service elevator in the corner of that area. We got a box fan from the front desk to mostly drown out the sound. ANyway, I'd go with the smell and sound issues and choose pebble beach room again because the view is important to me. I live on a busy road so really don't care for vehicle view/sound/smell. ymmv!! hth.

Thanks, so much for the info. Think we're inclined to try for a "pebble beach" view and see what happens! Great to hear actual feedback on what it's like there!

ETA:

Well thanks to some (GA)Disney(Dad14) Magic, here I am at Post #40,000 so now I have to write something sappy!

I should have waited until tomorrow to post- I joined the DIS 14 years ago on July 19, 2008. Which also is the anniversary of my wedding date (July 19, 1986).

Who knew at that time what an incredible impact this website, and this forum in particular, would have on my life? I have made lifelong friends while we all answer questions and provide helpful information to guests/fans of the Yacht Club/Beach Club and Beach Club Villas.

Thank you all for your contributions, wickedly detailed info, kind words, fierce defense, hilarious stories and antics on the arguably "Friendliest Thread on the DIS" (trademark)

Here's to the next 40,000!!!
OMG. I have the exact same anniversary! My husband and I honeymooned at WDW. We stayed at the Polynesian, and we got up to dance at the Hoop Dee Doo because we were newlyweds! We are going back to Hoop Dee Doo in September, but no way will DH get up and dance now! Please add us to the list, Yacht Club, 9/10/22 - 9/15/22.
Congratulations on not only 40,000 posts, but 36 years of marriage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter