Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just got back, we had a great trip BUT our room was a bit rough. It was a ground-floor garden view room overlooking the quiet pool.

1. We had bugs in our room, tiny little black bugs, on the marble coffee bar area and tv stand/dresser.
2. 1/2 of the USB outlets did not work.
3. The floor was dirty at check-in.
4. 1 sink would not drain.
5. The cooler door would not shut and therefore would not cool.
6. The nightstand drawers had dried very sticky soda/juice/Gatorade inside the drawers.

1-5 were fixed after talking to the front desk.

6. This required 3 trips to the front desk including having the manager come with me to the room to show him.

$100 room credit.

Just got back, we had a great trip BUT our room was a bit rough. It was a ground-floor garden view room overlooking the quiet pool.

1. We had bugs in our room, tiny little black bugs, on the marble coffee bar area and tv stand/dresser.
6. The nightstand drawers had dried very sticky soda/juice/Gatorade inside the drawers.

6. This required 3 trips to the front desk including having the manager come with me to the room to show him.

$100 room credit.
wow, that's a lot of stuff :| and 100 dollars room credit sounds a little....meh....considering how much is a night there...

at least they resolved all the problems

$100 room credit.

I’m sorry, that sounds horrible! Was it YC or BC? We had tiny ants in our YC CL room several years ago. Didn’t notice them til about 10:30 at night. They called the exterminator immediately , had to make sure it wasn’t bed bugs. Although I knew it wasn’t but they had to verify. We got moved to a different room & got a credit for 1 night. $100 sounds pretty skimpy for all that.

Were you offered a different room? And I have to ask, which thing wasn’t fixed? I hope it wasn’t the bugs!

I’m sorry, that sounds horrible! Was it YC or BC? We had tiny ants in our YC CL room several years ago. Didn’t notice them til about 10:30 at night. They called the exterminator immediately , had to make sure it wasn’t bed bugs. Although I knew it wasn’t but they had to verify. We got moved to a different room & got a credit for 1 night. $100 sounds pretty skimpy for all that.

Were you offered a different room? And I have to ask, which thing wasn’t fixed? I hope it wasn’t the bugs!
They offered a different room but, we had 5 people and it seemed like a huge hassle at the time. The only thing that was not fixed immediately was the dried juice/Gatorade in the nightstand drawers.

$100 room credit.

For the price of these rooms, that is unacceptable. Since you're home, maybe send an email and let them know about your room. I'm not one for complaining, but that is a lot of problems.

The only thing that was not fixed immediately was the dried juice/Gatorade in the nightstand drawers.
Sorry you had some many issues but very happy that you took time out of your visit to get these issues addressed for the rest of your stay. These things tend to happen when previous guests don't report issues.

They offered you a different room and a $100 credit. Did you ask for a full room credit or counter with a $250 offer for your lost vacation time?

This is likely down to a communication issue between the Front desk and the Mousekeeping supervisor and then to the individual Mousepkeeper. The Mousekeepers are not conditioned to open drawers while your room has guest(s) are occupied (guest reservation active) to clean up spills inside.

It's for your privacy and their protection from snooping accusations.

When you have housekeeping issues you should call using the Housekeeping button from your in-room phone ask the on duty manager. It really cuts down the time to resolve specific cleaning issues.

Dave

$100 room credit.
Stories like this just burn me to the core. My grandfather and father owned multiple hotels in Wisconsin. The Innkeeper has 2 responsibilities to the guest: a clean and safe place to stay. It isn't rocket science.

Last year, I was very upset with the very poor housekeeping my family received at BC. We understood that there was going to be limited services (because WDW was using a COVID excuse), but housekeeping didn't even accomplish the tasks that we were promised, such as removing garbage on an every other day basis. I gave a scathing review of housekeeping in a survey, which is something I rarely do in surveys. But, I felt compelled. If and when you get a survey, be honest, tough and fair.

We've had the issue with dried soda/juice/Gatorade in the nightstand drawer at Boardwalk on two different visits.
It's kind of a head scratcher. How does that even happen, and then how do you just walk away from it and not wipe it up? Also, shouldn't housekeeping wipe out the drawers between guests anyway?

I don’t think they even check the drawers. We’ve had the previous guests call our room during our arrival for stays in the Poly and BC asking if their clothes were in a drawer and if they could come get them.

We always do split stays and live out of our suitcases/use the closet.

I don’t think they even check the drawers. We’ve had the previous guests call our room during our arrival for stays in the Poly and BC asking if their clothes were in a drawer and if they could come get them.

We always do split stays and live out of our suitcases/use the closet.
Personally? We live out of my suitcases. I'd assume that drawers aren't likely to get much attention from the cleaning crew.

Does anyone know if it's possible to park a scooter to charge in the Nantucket Suite at the Beach Club?
The videos show a sharp right to the living room beyond the hallway. There may be more room there than it appears, I can't tell. Thanks!

We've had the issue with dried soda/juice/Gatorade in the nightstand drawer at Boardwalk on two different visits.
It's kind of a head scratcher. How does that even happen, and then how do you just walk away from it and not wipe it up? Also, shouldn't housekeeping wipe out the drawers between guests anyway?
WDW has set new rules for housekeeping since the start of COVID. They have reduced the number of times housekeeping will be in the room. Fine. They also set new rules regarding what services they provide. Fine. But, one of the things that WDW promises is a deep clean between resort stays and sanitizing surfaces, which includes drawers. Judas Priest, they put the TV remote in a little baggie claiming it is cleaned but they fail to wipe out drawers? It is utterly disingenuous by WDW in my humble opinion.

Again, 2 rules for the Innkeeper. A safe place. A clean place. The Innkeeper is literally not responsible for bad behavior by other guests. Bad behavior may result in removal by the Innkeeper, but the Innkeeper cannot discriminate which people chose to stay at the resort. What the Innkeeper can control is if the room and common areas are safe and clean.

I'm going to carefully get off my soap box so I don't break an ankle.

WDW has set new rules for housekeeping since the start of COVID. They have reduced the number of times housekeeping will be in the room. Fine. They also set new rules regarding what services they provide. Fine. But, one of the things that WDW promises is a deep clean between resort stays and sanitizing surfaces, which includes drawers. Judas Priest, they put the TV remote in a little baggie claiming it is cleaned but they fail to wipe out drawers? It is utterly disingenuous by WDW in my humble opinion.

Again, 2 rules for the Innkeeper. A safe place. A clean place. The Innkeeper is literally not responsible for bad behavior by other guests. Bad behavior may result in removal by the Innkeeper, but the Innkeeper cannot discriminate which people chose to stay at the resort. What the Innkeeper can control is if the room and common areas are safe and clean.

I'm going to carefully get off my soap box so I don't break an ankle.
Exactly this!
And it shouldn't require anyone to be on a soapbox. It should just be a given.

$100 room credit.
That is absolutley unbelievable, at any resort let alone one of the deluxe resorts. And a $100 room credit is totally inadequate. I don't call those problems a bit rough- I'd call it worth of getting the entire stay comped or a massive upgrade at no extra charge at the very least.

One of our last stays pre-covid stay was at AKL, club level. Our room was a perfect location, but when we went back to let my grandson nap during the afternoon, they were doing some kind of work in the room above us. This wasn't just annoying noise, this was at the level we had to raise our voices to be heard in the room. I called the front desk and was transferred to a manager who could also hear the noise thru the phone. Even she didn't know what they were doing as there was nothing on their schedules about construction. She immediately comp'd us 2 of our 5 night stay. She tried to move us to a better room, but they were none available and we did love the view. So she gave us another room on top of the one we were in to use for naps during the day at no extra charge. She worked with us to find a resolution that worked for us. That was the kind of service you use to get.

Does anyone know if it's possible to park a scooter to charge in the Nantucket Suite at the Beach Club?
The videos show a sharp right to the living room beyond the hallway. There may be more room there than it appears, I can't tell. Thanks!

I had friends/family in that room not long ago. Keep in mind we have no personal experience with a scooter so take this with a grain of salt, but their response: "I definitely think it may be hard to get a scooter in there, you walk in the door and then take an immediate hard right. May work with one that can take tight turns well."

I had friends/family in that room not long ago. Keep in mind we have no personal experience with a scooter so take this with a grain of salt, but their response: "I definitely think it may be hard to get a scooter in there, you walk in the door and then take an immediate hard right. May work with one that can take tight turns well."
Thank you! Their response was very helpful. I think we'll go with another option that doesn't have the space challenge when entering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter