Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We stopped at BC for lunch at Beaches and Cream and saw that they were taking down the scaffolding from the bridge in Storm Along Bay today. So it looks like that work is done. :)
Thank goodness. We check in next Friday and I was really hoping it would be all gone by then!

Good morning!
I have an upcoming trip to the YC and I was wondering if the kids meals at Hurricane Hannah’s are still served in a sand pail. If not, has anyone seen them for sale in the gift shops?
We were there three weeks ago and there were no sand pales still. They also only had homemade chips as a side, as opposed to fries. We were told their fryer doesn't work, but chicken tenders are still available. The kids were bummed about chips---and I can commiserate, they aren't great and have no salt on them.

Good morning!
I have an upcoming trip to the YC and I was wondering if the kids meals at Hurricane Hannah’s are still served in a sand pail. If not, has anyone seen them for sale in the gift shops?
I checked in the Beach Club Marketplace yesterday and they have some sand toys which included shovels and sifters, but not buckets. The kids would probably like the sand toys. :)

Hi All,

We returned home from the yacht club on July 10th - arrived June 30th. I'm finally getting around to sharing some thoughts!

1. This was our first time at the Yacht Club. We have stayed at the Beach Club at least two times that I remember. Beside theme and where I went to the front desk, the two resorts seem like one at least to me. It is so easy to walk back and forth inside and outside (lake side) that I often forgot that the two were separate. I'm not a walker - in fact I use a scooter - so where I am situated is very important to my daily vacation life :). Of course, the BC is closer to EPCOT, but the YC was closer to the boat dock for DHS. Distance to the bus stops were the same to me at both. I will say that I often walked inside through the BC to room 1501 and back in again when going to EPCOT. It was hot! (Can't help that I'm born in July and was celebrating!)
2. I had three people in the room and we were very comfortable, but we also had two scooters. This was a problem. However, when I went down to the front desk, they assured me it was ok to park the scooter in the hallway near an outlet which is exactly what I did and I had no issues at all.
3. The view of the fireworks at the beach (beach club) was far superior to the view standing even on the bridge. I know this because July 4 we decided to watch outside EPCOT and after a bit we decided to walk- scooter back to the YC. As we were walking and turning around to watch, the view got much better!
4. I've been to WDW alot and I will agree that the level of "friendliness of the CM's" has gone down. It is not gone, just less....however....the CM's at the YC were the absolute best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. When I arrived, I saw the "cooler". This was going to be an issue - which I thought I addressed before I left - oh well! DH just had double knee replacement surgery and needed the ice pack everyday after the park even with the scooter. Having said that....I just went down the the front desk - same visit as the scooter question - and they told me not to worry. About 5 minutes later a mini refrigerator with freezer spot appeared. Now, they could not take out the cooler so I did have to sacrifice some floor space....but I didn't mind. I put it in front of the connecting door spot.
6. We loved Ale and Compass for Breakfast and we liked the lounge for a relax and drinks. We also ate at Beaches and Cream and Cape May as far as the resort restaurants go. Great service - food the way I remember, etc.
7. I was able to pre-purchase G+ and every morning I used ILL and G+. I was the only one doing it for a party of five and everything was as easy as expected. I knew what my priority was the night before and just popped on and did it. Make sure everyone is in your friends and family list and know what you want. I hit that button exactly at 7 am from my hotel room.
8. This was the first time I did the cabana rental. We loved it and when I go in the warmer months I would do it again. Peaceful is the word I would use.
9. First time for Guardians and I love it! Warniing - is intense - so think of your own self. For me, more intense than any other WDW ride except maybe Mission Space Orange but in a different way.
10. I turned 60 this trip, so maybe I've mellowed out....but even if something didn't go as planned we rolled with it. We didn't go crazy about the schedule and we zigged and zagged around the crowds. My biggest advice - Rope drop!

Everyone enjoy your future trips! I'm off to the BC end of January!

Has anyone done an Instacart order to YC recently? Can you still have it delivered to bell services pre-arrival or has that changed post-reopening? Reports on the grocery delivery thread are mixed.

Has anyone done an Instacart order to YC recently? Can you still have it delivered to bell services pre-arrival or has that changed post-reopening? Reports on the grocery delivery thread are mixed.
I did Instacart while I was at the airport and the items arrived the day before I got there as my flight was cancelled! Everything was fine the next day...fully refrigerated. I just paid $6 to have them bring it to the room

:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

read)

Note to self: Arial 15
Hi, Please add us to the Be Our Guest. September 10-15. Yacht Club. I tried to make a post a while ago, I was wishing you a happy Anniversary! We share the exact same anniversary. I don't think I did my post on the right thread maybe? Anyway, we will be there soon!

Last edited:
Hi everyone :) We’ve stayed at Beach Club before and we’re considering renting points for Beach Club Villas next visit.

I have a question I’m sure is silly but I want to be sure: do BCV guests still have access to Stormalong Bay?

Hi everyone :) We’ve stayed at Beach Club before and we’re considering renting points for Beach Club Villas next visit.

I have a question I’m sure is silly but I want to be sure: do BCV guests still have access to Stormalong Bay?
That’s the reason we used our points for BCV this time instead of the BWV. Our grandchildren will love that pool.

Hi all, trying to sort out the differences between YC & BC. Trip would be for two (1 adult and 1 child). Am I correct in thinking that YC has "beverage coolers" and BC has actual mini fridges? I prefer the vibe of YC but if I'm correct about the fridges I guess I'll have to go BC!

There are no silly questions! Yes, they have access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter