Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi there! We are currently planning a vacation for 5 adults in May. There will be two rooms booked at YC and we are super excited. What are our chances of at least one of the rooms having two queens? One room will have three adults (my parents in their 60’s and brother in his 40’s) and a sleeper chair or day bed doesn’t sound very comfortable for a week! The other room is my husband and me and we don’t care at all about the bed configuration. The two queens will be a bigger priority than having the rooms close to each other.
100% most of the rooms have 2 Q beds and a daybed. The rooms with one King bed are a separate booking category.The Yacht club has always been pretty good with requests in my experience. Just Add the request for adjoining rooms when you make your reservation.

Last edited:
There will be two rooms booked at YC and we are super excited. What are our chances of at least one of the rooms having two queens?
As @val1234 your chances are 100% that you will get 2 Queen beds in each room since that is a specific booking category.

You can also make a single reservation for 2 rooms as that improves your chances greatly of having "connecting" rooms as long as both rooms are in the same booking category. Examples: Standard, Garden View, or Water view.

If you make 2 separate reservations make sure to have a Phone CM update each reservation to link the Confirmation number(s) to the other reservation. And also request "adjoining" rooms as your only request or first request.

Dave

Hi there! We are currently planning a vacation for 5 adults in May. There will be two rooms booked at YC and we are super excited. What are our chances of at least one of the rooms having two queens? One room will have three adults (my parents in their 60’s and brother in his 40’s) and a sleeper chair or day bed doesn’t sound very comfortable for a week! The other room is my husband and me and we don’t care at all about the bed configuration. The two queens will be a bigger priority than having the rooms close to each other.
While the vast majority of rooms at the YC have two queen beds, there is a slight chance you could get a king bed. We never ask for a king bed but have gotten one many times. I finally started to request two queens so they would stop giving us a king bed.

Last February on our trip with our daughter, her husband and our grandson, at the Yacht Club, we had two connecting rooms. Their room had two queen beds, (and also the single daybed, I believe), our room had a king.

While I usually prefer the queen beds, the king bed room was really nice as it had a sitting area with a couch and coffee table, as well as a little mini bar where the coffee pot was. There was also a little sink in that area.

The bathroom had only one sink, and the closet was split into two smaller closets, but we really liked it!

Regarding king room being a bookable category @ YC, that listing is new online for this year. But I’m not sure they’ve actually implemented that yet. Every single dates I check for the whole year show as unavailable. And I haven’t read any reports from anyone who has actually booked it as a category yet. Anyone with actual booking reports?

edit to add King room is also listed as bookable at BC, but finding the same thing. There are no dates with king rooms listed as available.

Last edited:
Last February on our trip with our daughter, her husband and our grandson, at the Yacht Club, we had two connecting rooms. Their room had two queen beds, (and also the single daybed, I believe), our room had a king.

While I usually prefer the queen beds, the king bed room was really nice as it had a sitting area with a couch and coffee table, as well as a little mini bar where the coffee pot was. There was also a little sink in that area.

The bathroom had only one sink, and the closet was split into two smaller closets, but we really liked it!
We had the identical setup at the BC. We booked two rooms and received a king room exactly like the one you had. It connected to a regular two queen room with daybed. :)

While the vast majority of rooms at the YC have two queen beds, there is a slight chance you could get a king bed. We never ask for a king bed but have gotten one many times. I finally started to request two queens so they would stop giving us a king bed.
Surely they wouldn't give a King room to a party that had 3 adults booked in the room.

Not by default or planning since the King rooms are a separate booking category but operational issues may force an adjustment if there are 2 Queen rooms unavailable due to a room being take out of service.

Example: you arrive after 11 PM and 1 or more rooms are out of service. You have a remote chance at least for 1 night and an adjustment for that nights overnight rate.

Dave

We had the identical setup at the BC. We booked two rooms and received a king room exactly like the one you had. It connected to a regular two queen room with daybed. :)
And just to be clear, we never requested a king room, we requested connecting rooms with the idea that we could babysit our grandson if our daughter and son-in-law wanted to go out for an evening and we were staying in. It really worked out well! I would book a king again if my husband and I were traveling. Or if I were traveling alone.

Anyone there now that knows the condition of Beaches and Cream after the fire?

I saw something posted in a Facebook group this evening and thought I would go to Disney's website to confirm. Looks like the BCVs is going to go through a refurbishment soon. I apologize if it's already been posted. I hadn't found many reports of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103_205656_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103_205656_Chrome.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 30
Hope this ends well and doesn’t impact too many people. (Note I don’t follow or know this source, going under the assumption it is accurate/current)

****Anyone with an ADR at Beaches and Cream I would check before I go. Received this from a friend yesterday down for the race weekend:****

When you go to Beaches and Cream for your favorite grilled cheese and tomato soup…having heard about the fire the other day but assuming everything was okay since I wasn’t told anything official about reservation changes. And welp, the grill is still down so no hot food for at least a few more days there (and I wasn’t told until I sat down)

Last edited:
Looks like the BCVs is going to go through a refurbishment soon. I apologize if it's already been posted. I hadn't found many reports of it.
Thank you for sharing! I haven’t seen the note posted here. We will be there the first week of April so this could be happening while we are there. Maybe it’ll make an early riser out of my DD, LOL! I rented the points, so likely the owner got the message, if they sent one at all? We are doing a split stay at CR before, booked direct, and they notified me right away that the main pool at CR was going to be under construction.

I saw something posted in a Facebook group this evening and thought I would go to Disney's website to confirm. Looks like the BCVs is going to go through a refurbishment soon. I apologize if it's already been posted. I hadn't found many reports of it.

@gerilyne posted this, which is on the Disney website if you go to the BCV page, click on the OVERVIEW tab, and then click on SEE DETAILS when you see this:
This Resort hotel is undergoing refurbishments. See Details

Disney’s Beach Club & Villas Refurbishment
From January 7, 2023 through early April 2023, Disney’s Beach Club Villas will undergo refurbishment. During this time, Resort amenities will remain available for your enjoyment. While you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.

Thank you for sharing! I haven’t seen the note posted here. We will be there the first week of April so this could be happening while we are there. Maybe it’ll make an early riser out of my DD, LOL! I rented the points, so likely the owner got the message, if they sent one at all? We are doing a split stay at CR before, booked direct, and they notified me right away that the main pool at CR was going to be under construction.

This is the first I've heard that BCV is actually on the schedule for refurbishment. We knew it was supposed to happen, but Boulder Ridge was higher on the list and that got delayed. I don't know if that is finished. Then they announced that work would be done at BoardWalk Villas. I don't know if that has even been started yet. Perhaps they plan to work on multiple resorts at once?

I'm an "I'll believe it when I see it" pessimist, so I look forward to hearing reports back from people staying at BCV.

Here's what people had been saying over on the DVC Resort forum:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-villas-refurb-2022.3876870/page-2

Here's another DVC thread on the same subject, in case people want to "watch" to see what people post over there:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/bcv-refurb.3905453/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter