Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I saw something posted in a Facebook group this evening and thought I would go to Disney's website to confirm. Looks like the BCVs is going to go through a refurbishment soon. I apologize if it's already been posted. I hadn't found many reports of it.

Oh wow.

I really hope it’s the rooms. There aren’t too many so it might only take a few months. I doubt it thought cause we would have heard about it

What could it be?

I’d love for the rooms to look a little more themed with new furniture and different flooring

Last edited:

They are but on rare occasion Disney has (quietly) done an across the board rack rate update. It has happened before but not all that common.

I think you’re being generous. It seems like the last 4 or 5 years, they have raised them at least once during the year. Sort of their new normal.

Last edited:
Oh wow.

I really hope it’s the rooms. There aren’t too many so it might only take a few months. I doubt it thought cause we would have heard about it

What could it be?

I’d love for the rooms to look a little more themed with new furniture and different flooring
Yes, it’s just a “ refresh” with new floor coverings, wall coverings, drapes, linens, etc. No construction per se with the exception being that it’s expected they’ll replace the sofa beds with the queen Murphy beds.

At this time, the late spring/early summer discount for my dates only offered $10 PER NIGHT on water view or 25% on woods view for YC. Nothing at all was offered for BC. I booked the woods view.

I wonder if they are going to add BC later???

Dee, when you are able, it would make me so happy if you would add me to the BOG list for May 30 - June 6.::MinnieMo

I had been waiting to book our October trip until my credit card turned over to the next statement period. Unfortunately, Disney raised the room rates overnight. I hate when that happens! :(

Yep, they went up yesterday & discounts released today. So maybe we wouldn’t notice the increase. :sad2: I’m booking a split stay for July 4th week. Very little availability with discounts at YC & no club level rooms. They are available at rack rate, just not discounted. Booking at BWI instead. Seems YC has gotten so popular there’s no need to discount it anymore. :headache:

Seems YC has gotten so popular there’s no need to discount it anymore.
More likely the Convention schedules are back to full activity. After all it is a convention resort. All of our convention venues have already gone back to full pricing for 2023.

But keep checking back since discounts are offered when Disney needs to fill otherwise empty rooms based on their resort utilization statistical analysis models.

Dave

More likely the Convention schedules are back to full activity. After all it is a convention resort. All of our convention venues have already gone back to full pricing for 2023.

But keep checking back since discounts are offered when Disney needs to fill otherwise empty rooms based on their resort utilization statistical analysis models.

Dave
Is there a way to see what and when there are conventions at the hotel? Everything is full when we are going at the beginning of February and I'm curious if there is a convention or if it's just going to be busy. TIA!

Dave

I’ve been staying at YC since the late 90s, several times a year, almost always CL. YC has always had a discount even when other resorts didn’t. So even when conventions were booked, I always got the maximum discount being offered at any given time. More people used to say they prefer BC. But since the last remodels, the number of people who say they’d rather book YC has grown quite a bit. That’s my perspective on a resort that’s been my home away from home for 25 years.

Yep, they went up yesterday & discounts released today. So maybe we wouldn’t notice the increase. :sad2: I’m booking a split stay for July 4th week. Very little availability with discounts at YC & no club level rooms. They are available at rack rate, just not discounted. Booking at BWI instead. Seems YC has gotten so popular there’s no need to discount it anymore. :headache:
Surprise for me this morning! My discounted rate for my May/June stay reflected the rate given prior to yesterday (before the rate increase). We got so lucky. There are almost no discounts for YC or BC on any of the dates that I checked.

At this time, the late spring/early summer discount for my dates only offered $10 PER NIGHT on water view or 25% on woods view for YC. Nothing at all was offered for BC. I booked the woods view.

I wonder if they are going to add BC later???

Surprise for me this morning! My discounted rate for my May/June stay reflected the rate given prior to yesterday (before the rate increase). We got so lucky. There are almost no discounts for YC or BC on any of the dates that I checked.
So glad I booked our trip through a TA - she emailed me early this morning that she was able to apply the room discount to our YC stay for May! I was poking around on the Disney site after I got up, and I did find some limited availability for YC/BC for May. It's pretty much picked over now. Standard rooms went first. This will be our first time staying Deluxe, so I'm relieved we got our discount that I was planning on. I chose YC over BC because I thought a discount would be more likely.
I did notice the rack rate for YC went way up from when we originally booked in fall '22. Yikes.

Hi, I was hoping for availability at BC for my dates but no luck. Would you recommend booking a standard view or a garden/woods view at the Yacht Club? It's about $25 difference in price and not sure if it matters.
Thanks

Hi, I was hoping for availability at BC for my dates but no luck. Would you recommend booking a standard view or a garden/woods view at the Yacht Club? It's about $25 difference in price and not sure if it matters.
Thanks
If it's only $25 dollars difference, I would go with garden/woods view It's a lot better than a parking lot view. Getting a full balcony is more important which most YC rooms have over the BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter