Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is anyone staying at the villas currently? I'm curious to find out what floor and where (view) they're starting the refurbishment. Also, does anyone know or would you ask if the villas will be getting the newer Murphy bed set up? We have a stay in Feb. and would like to know what we can expect.

Is anyone staying at the villas currently? I'm curious to find out what floor and where (view) they're starting the refurbishment. Also, does anyone know or would you ask if the villas will be getting the newer Murphy bed set up? We have a stay in Feb. and would like to know what we can expect.

There was an update on FB (from 2 different people who were checking out) stating they started on 5th Floor. Rumor is murphy beds are going in but in person confirmation. I will be there in a week and try to see what updates I can get.

Also, does anyone know or would you ask if the villas will be getting the newer Murphy bed set up?
At the DVC annual meeting when they first announced the queen Murphy beds were going into Riviera, they announced that all DVC resorts would get them during their next refurbishment. SSR, Poly, VGF and BRV got them, so I’m confident that BCV will too.

I would like to see new floors with more theming in the rooms. Lets hope
it's only a 3 month refurb so I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything major. mainly furniture and wall mounted shampoo. (and hopefully they put back the inexplicably forgotten about clothes lines for wet swimsuits..)

it's only a 3 month refurb so I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything major. mainly furniture and wall mounted shampoo. (and hopefully they put back the inexplicably forgotten about clothes lines for wet swimsuits..)

Big pine key was a building with 202 rooms and they completely transformed them in about 3 months. I believe BCV has about 280 so I think it’s possible. We’ll see though

Friends I need help! We are staying at the YC CL H2O view 3 adults, 1 child. We are in our 45 day window to go to Disney. I have linked our park tickets (I bought the tickets separate not part of a package) to our hotel reservation. I've made our reservations at the parks and I've made all our dining reservations.

One of the adults has been able to get a 2 bedroom unit at Bonnet Creek for free. So we'll be switching.

If I cancel the YC reservation, do I lose all my other reservations (parks and dining) or are the reservations linked to my tickets not the hotel?

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Friends I need help! We are staying at the YC CL H2O view 3 adults, 1 child. We are in our 45 day window to go to Disney. I have linked our park tickets (I bought the tickets separate not part of a package) to our hotel reservation. I've made our reservations at the parks and I've made all our dining reservations.

One of the adults has been able to get a 2 bedroom unit at Bonnet Creek for free. So we'll be switching.

If I cancel the YC reservation, do I lose all my other reservations (parks and dining) or are the reservations linked to my tickets not the hotel?

You won't lose your dining reservations. Those are always separate from rooms and tickets. Since you bought your park tickets separately, they should not be affected, but your park reservations might be cancelled. You will just have to make them again if they are cancelled.

Are they updating the Club level rooms at BC or the BC lounge this spring? The rooms have not been available to book in April or early May for many months. (I've been checking almost daily since September) It's not new but there is no information on why club level is not available to book. Who has inside information?? :)

I've seen some conflicting info on his I know the BCV are getting a refurb this spring but are the regular BC rooms getting a refurb as well?
I booked YC because BC wasn't available but now it is and I'm unsure if I should change.

I'm also trying to figure out what my chances are with room assignment due to arriving on a midnight flight!

I'm afraid I'll get stuck in an awful location or view etc. It's only a 5 night stay but it's a girl's trip for my DD and I and I doubt that will ever happen again so it's a special trip for us. I'm tempted to book the water view to ensure a good view but afraid it will mean a tiny balcony at BC especially at midnight arrival. I hate decisions LOL

I've seen some conflicting info on his I know the BCV are getting a refurb this spring but are the regular BC rooms getting a refurb as well?
I booked YC because BC wasn't available but now it is and I'm unsure if I should change.

I'm also trying to figure out what my chances are with room assignment due to arriving on a midnight flight!

I'm afraid I'll get stuck in an awful location or view etc. It's only a 5 night stay but it's a girl's trip for my DD and I and I doubt that will ever happen again so it's a special trip for us. I'm tempted to book the water view to ensure a good view but afraid it will mean a tiny balcony at BC especially at midnight arrival. I hate decisions LOL
Keep the YC! the rooms are very nice with updated bathrooms and all rooms have full balconies. We actually prefer the YC over BC. The YC is first pickup stop on the buses to MK and AK and it’s closer to the boat dock for HS. The walk to Epcot is only 2 minutes or so farther than from BC plus the YC rooms are so much nicer. The YC rooms also have a barn door to separate the bathroom area which gives you some privacy when dressing. The BC rooms do not have this door. The BC lobby is also very busy and loud with Cape May buffet. The YC is nice and serene.

Last edited:
You won't lose your dining reservations. Those are always separate from rooms and tickets. Since you bought your park tickets separately, they should not be affected, but your park reservations might be cancelled. You will just have to make them again if they are cancelled.

thank you so much- I was worried that I would lose everything and would have to try to get those reservations back!

In my opinion from multiple stays at both resorts, you will really like the YC. Newer rooms, full balconies. Leave things as they are.

Hi there! I haven't stayed at Beach Club since about 8 years ago. Am now bringing my biggest kiddo (he's 6) for a "mommy and me" weekend in a few days. Any tips on ways a 6 year old can enjoy the resort aside from the obvious stormalong bay? Should be nice enough to swim (high of 79) and we have pretty packed park days since he's old enough for coasters now. But still want to enjoy the resort a bit!

Hi there! I haven't stayed at Beach Club since about 8 years ago. Am now bringing my biggest kiddo (he's 6) for a "mommy and me" weekend in a few days. Any tips on ways a 6 year old can enjoy the resort aside from the obvious stormalong bay? Should be nice enough to swim (high of 79) and we have pretty packed park days since he's old enough for coasters now. But still want to enjoy the resort a bit!
Definitely check out the activities they do in the side area on your way to the villas, I think they call it the solarium but I’m sure someone can correct me of wrong lol. Usually have an activity daily plus some other kids activities in there. It’s not as substantial as some of the other resorts but my daughter always enjoys stopping by there :)

Any tips on ways a 6 year old can enjoy the resort aside from the obvious stormalong bay?

Definitely check out the activities they do in the side area on your way to the villas, I think they call it the solarium but I’m sure someone can correct me of wrong lol. Usually have an activity daily plus some other kids activities in there. It’s not as substantial as some of the other resorts but my daughter always enjoys stopping by there :)

You'll want to look at the monthly activity schedule. If it's not in this thread, you can check this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/

Don't forget about the "quiet" pools. My nieces refused to go in one of the pools after they saw a duck poop in it, but they would go in the other pools.

If you end up with time that you're not in the parks, you can wander (or boat) over to the BoardWalk for food and/or activities.

Maybe a meal at Beaches & Cream and a some time in the arcade next door. They also do Disney movies in the evening—either on the beach or in the solarium area of BC.

The kids pool activities are always fun. They usually do them in the main part of SAB near the volleyball net in the afternoon around 2-4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter